Mr. Karve's Methods (Princess Diana)

There has been some question and skepticism about using birth times provided by Mr. Karve of India, often simply referred to as "Karveji." K.N. Rao and myself use his given PM time for Hillary Clinton. Recently I found a first-person account of his procedure which he used for Princess Diana. For interest I'm quoting it here:

--------------Begin quote-------------

Re: Donar's (Astroboy) post: Kendradipadya Dosha
by anuradha ? Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

After [Karveji's discussion of a chart], Mike Conney (one of our senior Jyotishi students) called me over and whispered to me if Shri Karve Guruji could "fix" Princess Diana's birth data. As all would know, Princess Diana's birth data had been a subject of raging controversy at that time. Various lagnas [ascendants] and the corresponding charts were being discussed.

Many Jyotishis had committed themselves to some birth data or the other, each with eminently credible reasons. Shri K. N. Rao had claimed Sagittarius Lagna [ascendant] in one of his books some time ago. Dr. Charak published Vrishchik [Scorpio] Lagna in his book. Lagnas were being tossed back and forth. Of course, all Jyotishis claimed to be right and had as usual, justified their respective preferences using complicated principles, rules, techniques and reasoning.

In that class, I asked Shri Karve Guruji about [Diana's] chart I said "There is this woman whose birth data we all want to know." Shri Karve Guruji said "Okay. Draw a chart on the chalkboard as I tell you to. Write the Lagna [ascendant] as Kanya [Virgo]. There are three planets in the 5th. Saturn and Jupiter are there." He then located the birth date and then the rest of the planets.

Lastly, he got to the Moon and said that it was in Makar [Capricorn]. He gave the time as 2:10 pm. About her, he pronounced the following after the chart was ready:

a) She is a woman.
b) She is well-known and of elevated status.
c) She is not alive.
d) She died in an accident.
e) There were three others with her in the car and only one of them survived.
f) She has two sons.
g) She had enjoyed substantial comforts (implying - with a man) for sometime before she died.

No dashas, no transits, no divisional charts, no complicated and cumbersome techniques. Just the bare essential and elegant astrological reasons, which he rattled off in his (and my) native language (Marathi), which I gasped to keep up while translating to English.

-------------------------End Quote-------------------

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... 3&start=25

Princess Diana's chart according to Mr. Karve: (He did not mention the navamsa, pictured here with the natal chart.)
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Astrodatabank mentions the 2PM chart which was originally mentioned by Buckingham Palace notification of Princess Diana's engagement.This was later corrected.
1. Diana's data: When Diana's engagement to Charles was announced her birth time was given as 2.00 pm on 1 July 1961, Sandringham. The time was then corrected to 7.45 pm and confirmed in a letter to Charles Harvey from the Queen's assistant press secretary as being from Diana's mother (note 15, p 168). This is the time used by Debbie Frank, Diana's astrologer for the last eight years, and I would recommend that it remain the Princess's officially recognised birth time.
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Dia ... s_of_Wales