As I mulled these charts over again last night I found some symbolism that may be interesting for us astro nerds. :D

Amma has her Atmakaraka (soulindicator, the planet with the highest longitude in the chart) as Mercury.
Mercury is exalted and placed in the 12H (symbolising Universal consiousness which may symbolise where her true identity and origin is.)
Further she was born in a Mercury Hora (planetary hour).
(Mercury is the 9th lord in the 12H...prime spiritual combo.)

Ramakrishna has his Atmakaraka as Mars. Also exalted in the 12H like Amma.
He was born in the Hora of Saturn.
(Saturn is 12L in 9H.....also the spiritual combo).

Some similarites there.
Last edited by Stefan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

map wrote:In tropical, 8th lord Venus in 2nd and 2L Mars in 12th with 6th Sun will account for Sri Ramakrishna's poverty and chronic ailment.
Ramakrishna didn't have a chronic aliment. He developed throat cancer only very late in life. The doctor diagnosed his illness as "clergyman's throat" because he spent so many hours instructing disciples and not taking rest. Also in Indian temples the ceremonies involve a great deal of fire, smoke and incense. Ramakrishna lived at the Dakshineswar Kali Temple for many years, and must have often breathed the fumes from the offering ceremonies.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

To continue with the Auqarius theme.....

I searched some in solar fire again and found 2 charts with some more aquarius planets. This chart seems to be the one with most planets in that sign:

Brian Grieg. An australian politician.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Greig

He seems to have the aquarian theme of fighting for a bigger cause emphasised in his life.

"While in university, Greig campaigned on the issue of student fees and, in 1986, he helped re-establish the National Union of Students. He began to get involved in gay rights activism during the 1990s, and helped establish an Australian Council for Lesbian and Gay Rights, which is now defunct."

"At the October 1998 federal election, Greig was elected to the Senate. He declared his homosexuality in his maiden parliamentary speech, being the first Federal parliamentarian to do so."

"On 13 June 2011, Greig was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia for service to the community as a social justice advocate for the gay and lesbian community."

Here is a 2015 Youtube video with Brian Grieg in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROAUte6WpqQ

S

Great find, Stefan! The video helps to make the chart come alive. (Nice short video which seems to be all my computer can handle.) It has to be important also that Uranus and Pluto in Leo oppose the Aquarian planets. It's especially interesting to me that Brian is fighting for gay rights because I just finished an Aquarian search in ADB, and of the 21 charts, 8 of them are Gay or Lesbian. (I haven't had time to post notes on these charts yet.)

So we have what seems to be a Uranian affinity here for those who fall outside the normal social patterns...those who stand alone or are different in some way. Ramakrishna was certainly a very unique individual. I don't see Uranus as a ruler of Aquarius just yet, but sidereal Aquarius certainly seems to reflect Uranian energy.

The time will come, I believe, when gays and others whose sexual orientation is different from social norms will blend in with others and perhaps not be seen as different. But we are living in times when these individuals have to fight for recognition and personal rights.

Therese wrote:
Ramakrishna didn't have a chronic aliment. He developed throat cancer only very late in life.
What ever it is called, he suffered it , it is signified by the presence of venus in that house and 2L with 6th in 12th.

map

Aquarius ADB Searches

The first ADB seach I did for Aquarius (Sun, Mercury, Venus and Mars) didn?t turn up anything that could be related to a sign of the zodiac. There were only four charts in all: two astrologers, a homicide (Sun and Mars in the 8th) and a politician (Aquarius stellium in the 10th sign).

So since we?re focusing on zodiac signs, I asked for all the charts that had the Ascendant in Aquarius with the Sun also in Aquarius within a small four degree orb. (Same type of search I did for sidereal Pisces.) This search turned up some interesting charts, 21 in all. This is actually a small number as zodiac signs go, and suggests that this Saturn-ruled sign isn?t popular among the ?rich and famous? in ADB, as so many charts overall belong to wealthy and well known people.

I have studied Aquarius in the past, and this search reinforced my earlier findings. Sidereal Aquarius is not an especially happy sign. Tropical Pisces has been called the victim or martyr, and the stars of sidereal Aquarius lie just beneath that tropical sign.

A certain troubled energy certainly comes through in the various ADB Aquarius searches I have done. The myths of Uranus and Cronus (later Saturn) relate well to victimization and traumatic events. Cronus castrated Uranus, destroying his power of generation. Cronus then devoured his children to avoid them overcoming him. But Zeus was spirited away as a baby and returned to overthrew Cronus and take the kingly throne of the gods. I suspect that the mythology of Cronus matches sidereal Aquarius while the later Saturn myths align with Capricorn.

The triplicity lords of Gemini-Libra-Aquarius are Mercury and Saturn, so I would expect to see the symbolism of these planets show through in Aquarius charts as well as Venus energy due to its Libra rulership.

This is one search that highlights homosexual charts. Of the 21 charts, 8 of them (more than a third) belong to gay men or Lesbians. With Aquarius on the ascendant, the Sun is the ruler of the 7th house (Leo). Here are the categories for the remaining charts:

Tragedies
jazz pianist killed while changing a tire on the side of the road
homicide victim (stabbed)
soccer player, an anti-conformist who died in a car crash
the Madrid train terrorist bomb attack

Life Troubles
abandoned child who was adopted
man who abused drugs and suffered marital distress
British politician sued by his assistant for replacing her with his mistress (afflicted Venus symbolism)

Unusual Events
Lucky lottery winner ($27 million)
Lola Engle, a parent who became a grandparent to three grandchildren by their three mothers on the same day. Odds are 1 in 13 million.

Three Miscellaneous
violinist who received many honors
noted family member
actress

There are two of the ?rich or famous? among these sidereal Aquarians:One of the charts belongs to Bob Mackie, a famous clothing designer who had a gay son who died of Aids, and Jimmy Hoffa, American labor union leader who disappeared without a trace. I?ll discuss their charts in one or two other posts. (Ive been forgetting to mention that I only ask for birth data later than 1900, as these charts are likely to be timed better than earlier charts. So Ramakrishna wouldn't be included in my searches.)

Interesting Therese.

I got not much Aquarius either apart from the Australian politician and gay activist I got the chart of the comedian who got sucess with his Character
"Dame Edna".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Humphries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV6Q4Q9u1pU

The chart holds quite a few aquarian planets. There is a nice Raja yoga in ascendant (fame) with Mars 10L and ME 5L. Plus some Dhana yoga combinations for financial wellbeing.

I don't know if it is something with aquarius and being unconventional.
Ramakrishna with his aquarian focus had some Rumours because he at times dressed in womans clothes. In his case because of getting into a Divine Mood (bhava). Interesting.

S

Therese Hamilton wrote:Stefan wrote:
I don't know if it is something with aquarius and being unconventional.
Ramakrishna with his aquarian focus had some Rumours because he at times dressed in womans clothes. In his case because of getting into a Divine Mood (bhava). Interesting.
One of Ramakrishna's characteristics was that whenever he worshiped a particular deity, he became so identified with that diety that he became that diety. I forget which female deity he was worshiping when (for that time period) he dressed in a sari and became so "female" that his devotees didn't recognize him. Certainly an unusual attribute!

My ADB search should have included Barry Humphries, but he wasn't there for some reason...Oh, I see. I kept my orb narrow at 4 degrees. I think in the future I'll use a 5 degree orb to the ascendant.

I just clicked on the video link for Humphries. His Dame Edna is an outlandish character wearing a lavender wig, dramatic spectacles, and purple feathered skirt in the video. A totally unique and different type of entertainer. Anyone reading this topic, take a moment to watch a minute or two of the video.

We may be getting a composite picture here of sidereal Aquarius as potentially very unique, in some way apart from others, often in a tragic way. In many cases, there is a gender turn around, as in gay men or Lesbians or men assuming the role of women. These may be formerly unrecognized expressions of Uranus. As far as I know, none of these characteristics have been noted in tropical Pisces in this area of the ecliptic, except perhaps the tendency toward tragedy.

This indicates that we tend to see what we are looking for and often miss what is really there. A trait I've noticed in sidereal Pisces is a duality. (The stellar fishes swimming in different directions.) The person may have two distinct sides, one of which may be hidden. Or a Pisces person may hold two completely contradictory views, and see both as reasonable. But no one has pointed out these traits in overlapping tropical Aries because no one was looking for them.