We were thinking along the same lines, with Virgo Moon square Saturn on the IC. The winners name is connected with 'hammer'!
Great minds think alike :'

Nice job with the winner!

Another Moon/Saturn named horse is Makin The Rules in the 15:20 at Redcar

I couldn't resist doubling it with Craftsmanship
8)
Verum e

astrogooner wrote:
14:55 Windsor
Craftsmanship - sextile Saturn, Lord 6.

A 'Trine' is also an antipodean pronunciation for 'locomotive'.
Me too. Priced up at 7.5 with bet365 around midday.

There were a few ways into this one.

Saturn aspecting the Gemini Sun and Virgo Moon.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Well, here's an interesting thing:

Obsidian runs in the 15:45 at Epsom tomorrow

5th semi-sextiles the angular Capricorn Moon but it's not he first aspect to a planet in that contest - that is a sextile to Uranus, (trads, please excuse the language), on the 7th cusp - that would suggest Abseil? But i'm not one for backing favs at this time of the month..

However, as a 12/1 shot, Obsidian is probably only an e/w bet.

I have placed a bet .

An e/w treble.

Obsidian @ 12/1

Shifting Power @ 10/3

Master Of Finance @ 13/2

We live in interesting times.
Verum e

Yesterday (Friday 5th June) there was a very unexpected result in the Oaks (Epsom 16:30). The longest odds horse won: Qualify at 50/1.

I am finding it very difficult to find a satisfactory explanation for the result. The date of birth of Qualify is 22 April 2012. Although there are some good aspects, they don't seem strong enough to explain such an outsider winning.

Any thoughts?

Our thoughts on the Oaks yesterday.

Our approach to the horses, is similar to that when football matches are considered. That is the overall energy/dynamics/quality of the time has to be considered, along with the specifics of how a winner is decided.

Firstly, during the race the following events happened. The favourite was expending large amounts of energy before the start, which was commented on by the broadcasters. Maybe this was enough for it lose by a short-head.

The second favourite looked completely laid back before the race and continued in the same vein to the extent that it still may not have crossed the finishing line yet.

Then there was the in-race fighting between horses with at least four of them barging and bumping for position.

Our first thoughts were 'so that is how the chart was going to express itself'.

What was going on astrologically:

Race due to start at 16.30 and went off at 16.36.

We noted Venus was due to change signs at 16.33, and at 16.35 the 5th cusp also changed sign.

During the race the energy was changing and we wanted to see how it was expressed. With hindsight, this was enough for an outsider to win.

Similar discussions have occurred on the football forums about angles changing signs, planets changing signs, the Lord of the Hour due to change and unexpected results happening and opinions to 'stay away' being suggested.

The changing energy of the chart was enough for the unexpected.

On astrogooner's picks; we also went for Obsidian, but went through Paddy Power and got a pay-out for fourth place. :D

Epsom Derby

Can't quite find the winner, but i've had a combination tricast on:

Golden Horn, Elm Park, Success Days

All names can be found from the 5th cusp via Saturn, Venus and the 10th.
Verum e

Yesterday (Friday 5th June) there was a very unexpected result in the Oaks (Epsom 16:30). The longest odds horse won: Qualify at 50/1.

I am finding it very difficult to find a satisfactory explanation for the result.
5th Cusp quincunx 9th Venus at 29?Cancer59', conjoined the MC - something is about to leave their studies and move to profession - (9th and 10th houses) - or, for example, to 'Qualify'.

It's all about the poetry of the chart - as was pointed out regarding the FA Cup final.

And is absolutely nothing to do with the jockey/owner/trainer/ relationships and the fact that that horse started yesterdays race valued at nothing and is now worth about 10M in stud fees.

Money + Sport = no corruption.
Verum e

GB wrote:Yesterday (Friday 5th June) there was a very unexpected result in the Oaks (Epsom 16:30). The longest odds horse won: Qualify at 50/1.

I am finding it very difficult to find a satisfactory explanation for the result. The date of birth of Qualify is 22 April 2012. Although there are some good aspects, they don't seem strong enough to explain such an outsider winning.

Any thoughts?
For what it's worth, the first 5th cusp aspect is a half a degree applying Tri-Decile (108 degress) to Mars in Gemini.
verb (used with object), qualified, qualifying.
to provide with proper or necessary skills, knowledge, credentials, etc.; make competent:

Mars in Gemini.

Quote:
to provide with proper or necessary skills, knowledge, credentials, etc.; make competent:
Interesting mate. How'd ye come to this? (the Gemini bit)
Verum e

Just asking for clarification on the procedure for using the 5th cusp:

By primary motion the 5th moves to Venus.
By primary motion Venus moves away from the MC.
There were enough horses in the Oaks to support a poetic Venus without going any further.
Are we to consider not just the first aspect the 5th makes but also the second to the chart for the race by primary motion?
Are we saying that we also consider secondary motion, that is Venus will transit towards the MC of the race chart?

astrogooner wrote:
Mars in Gemini.

Quote:
Interesting mate. How'd ye come to this? (the Gemini bit)
Mercury rules knowledge (Gemini) and skills (Virgo).

Is that what you mean?