Praesepe and Algol - my experience

This is my personal experience of the fixed star Praesepe in my life, if it is of any use to anyone.
I have only just started to study fixed stars in any depth and I read in the Ebertin-Hoffmann book on fixed stars that Praesepe designates a cluster of stars which since ages past has had a bad omen.
Apparently the Chinese gave this group of stars the name "the spirits of the ancestors" and were of the opinion that mainly if people had a conjunction with the Moon, they would have peculiar experiences with the realm of the dead.

I can testify from personal experience that the Chinese were correct. My Moon is at 5 Leo 05 and Praesepe in the year of my birth was at 6 Leo 31. Now that is a larger orb than I would normally look for, but my antiscion Mars is very close at 6 Leo 20 which is very tight orb. For two years I have been having what could certainly be described as a "peculiar experience with the realm of the dead". It is in fact downright horrible and concerns the constant presence of a spirit whose actions towards me are not benign, although he claims to be healing me (I suffer from serious chronic illnesses).

Presumably the close proximity of my Mars antiscion to Praesepe would indicate a very unpleasant experience. I am certainly having battles with this spirit who has driven me to the limits of endurance.
Couple this with the fact that the antiscion of my Moon, is at 24 Taurus 55 conjoining Algol which was at 25 Taurus29 in the year of my birth, then this amounts to one very nasty configuration, entailing much suffering.

I suppose the "peculiar" aspect of all this is that, having the experience of this nasty configuration working itself out in my life, has resulted in me losing my faith. I wasn't religious, but had my own personal beliefs in the goodness of the universe and such like. Now I am totally and utterly cynical about spiritual matters. I want nothing more to do with anything spiritual whatsoever and must be one of only a few people who knows we move to another dimension when we die but wishes we didn't and would prefer oblivion! Now how peculiar is that?

I have, by the way, found primary and secondary directions and also aspects which activated this configuration. I have also totally changed my views on astrology, but that is for the Philosophy forum!

I have my Moon in Leo 5 degrees. Ascendant in 6 degrees Leo. Both are conjunct Prasaepe.

I’ve had 3 concussions, had super glue squirted in both my eyes. Chipped front tooth, floaters in my eyes, really bad eyesight. I am about to get facial feminization surgery which I’m uneasy about since praesepe is prominent.

On the other hand, I am picking up occult subjects easily the which is unsettling. Started to use tarot. “Angels??? although idk who they are exactly. It’s not scary.

It is probably not a great time for surgery, especially if it is elective and you can wait. As someone who has looked at event charts/planning for people for surgery, it is often best to wait for Mars and Venus to be more harmonious especially but in general the planets are not easy at the moment. Mars is the surgeon and Venus the artist. Venus is now entering her detriment and Mars is retrograde. They will both be well dignified in mid to late November (although Mercury retrograde can lead to paperwork mixups, etc.). If it were me, I would plan ahead for a good time in 2019, such as late November 2019.

I don't have experience with Algol, but Praesepe also conjuncts my moon. We should form a club, or something.

My life has certainly had its ups and downs, but I wouldn't describe it as unfortunate, over all. After all, we Leo moons are optimistic sorts.

Anciently Praesepe was called "the manger" or the "beehive." Nebulae often had a negative connotation (too nebulous?) but Praesepe also had an ancient esoteric meaning as "the gateway of men" through which souls incarnated into earthly lives. http://www.constellationsofwords.com/st ... _order.htm

I don't believe in the objective reality of disincarnate evil spirits, so I can't help you there.

Vicki;

I don't find your outlook peculiar, but the logical result of soul-numbing pain. I've got Algol conjunct my Mars in an insufferably frustrating position, so on some level, I commiserate.

Hopefully the relentless progression of the lights will find us both in a more congenial place where pain must also take a holiday. Happy New Years, for what it's worth!