Yogini Dasas

Does anyone know how to handle Yogini-Dasas? They are said to be "most important". Well, the problem is that this is not the only "most important"
system - apart from the Vimsottari-Dasas - that are universally acknowledged to be the "number One".
Regards
LL
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.

I use them frequently but only in most basic form,e.g Jupiter good and Saturn bad.
The problems which have no specific instructions:
What to do about nakshatras not included and clubbed.
How to calculate 2nd and 3rd cycles.

This site deals with hoe you can use it:
http://www.vedicastro.com/yogini1.asp

Preface by K.N Rao is worth reading.

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/da ... 071210.htm

I just use what maitreya software spills out and I find it useful.
Raman's ayanamsha.
http://saravali.de/articles/dasa_yogini.html

PD

It has been common for many years to use the Vimshottari Dasha as a "primary" dasha but also to employ a second dasha system for "back-up."

In most classical texts, it is the Kalachakra Dasha which is the most extravagantly praised, but after more than 25 years in Jyotish, I have seldom met anyone who uses it.

Ten or 15 years ago, I would have told anyone who asked that the Yogini Dasha was the most commonly used second or "back-up" system.

Now, the popularity of K. N. Rao's works on Jaimini astrology would probably persuade me to say that the Chara Dasha is the most commonly used "second system" at this particular time.

My advice? Fool around with a few of them and use the one that gives you personally the best results.

Tanks for responding and for the link.
Over the past weeks I've tried some of the systems - among them Kalachakra.
And I must say that - next to Vimsottara - it's the Yogini system indeed that seems to provide the best results.

As s.o. says (quotation from one of the links): It is true when two or more dasha are indicating the same thing,that actually happens.I have tested this theory.
I can only agree.
Regards
LL
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.

The origins of both Kalachakra Dasha and Yogini Dasha are interesting.

Yogini Dasha is clearly Tantric. Since they use only 8 planets (minus Ketu), the dashas and bhuktis work out to 8 x 8 = 64. This is the magic formula or the I Ching as well, and it reminds us of Matsyendra Nath, the great 8th century Tantric yogi who instituted the worship of the 64 female spirits known as the yoginis.

The Kalachakra Dasha is likewise Tantric. The opening lines say that this teaching was "spoken by Parvati from the mountain." The one kind of literature that begins in such a fashion is a Tantric agama, and these are usually from the Kaulika Tantra teachings of the Himalayas. Later on, the term Kalachakra was adopted by Tantric Buddhism, and is still a viable meditation (and ritual) tradition in the Tibetan teachings of today.

Interesting

I have never tried this kalachakra dasha Before. But as I am much a tantric by heart practicing this path in a spiritual sense I become interested in trying it.

I googled this site:

http://astroveda.wikidot.com/kalachakra-dasa
"Sage Parasara said in his classic ?Brihat Parasara Hora Sastram?:

?There is another dasa called Kalachakra dasa, which is the most respectable of all dasa systems?. Kalachakra literally means ?the wheel of Time?. It shows how the wheel of time unfolds events in the life of an individual. Parasara said that Lord Shiva explained this dasa to Goddess Parvati.

Basics

Dasa of a rasi gives the natural results of the rasi. For example, dasa of Pisces may give saattwik religious activities. Dasa of Aries may give enterprise or quarrels or wounds.

More importantly, dasa of a rasi gives the results of the house and planets in that rasi. If Aries has the 5th house in D-7, its dasa may give children. If Pisces has the 8th house in D-6, its dasa may give diseases. If Gemini has lagna in D-24, its dasa may give all-round progress in the accumulation of knowledge. If Sc has AL in D-10 and its lord Mars occupies it, its dasa may bring good developments related to career and status. Dasa of a rasi containing the 8th from AL in D-10 may give a fall in status at workplace. Dasa of a rasi may also give the results of its lord. If Mars is in the 5th house in D-7, Aries dasa may give Children."

I tried some events in my own chart and the divisional charts showed some interesting correspondences.

---Marriage period Cancer-Capricorn
( In navamsha my lagna is cancer and 7th house is Capricorn).

---For Children. One of my two Children corresponded with subperiods of
kalachakra dasha.
For example my 2nd Child had subperiod of aquarius.
My D-7 Saptamsha have aquarius in 5th house.

---Moved house 6 years ago
Virgo-aquarius ( 4th house in D-4 chaturthamsha is aquarius.

Seems like further research into this dasha may be motivated....