Pope Francis

Pope Francis' data is now AA.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Pope_Francis_I.

Raman's ayanamsha.

9th lord in 9th.
Jupiter in sagittarius in 7th and exalted navamsha.

In D10

Saturn the radical 9th lord is exalted and Sagittarius is the D-10 lagna and Jupiter in trine from it.

Pope in Vimshottari of Mercury(1st and 4th lord)-Saturn(9th lord).
Yogini Dasha of Jupiter.

Transit Jupiter trines the natal Moon giving it Gurubala(favourable transit).

BTW with 1st lord in 7th with 7th lord. I agree with the version of the lady who lived next door to him and he proposed to her.

PD

Re: Pope Francis

pankajdubey wrote:Pope Francis' data is now AA.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Pope_Francis_I.

Raman's ayanamsha...
Pope in Vimshottari of Mercury(1st and 4th lord)-Saturn(9th lord).
Yogini Dasha of Jupiter.

Transit Jupiter trines the natal Moon giving it Gurubala(favourable transit).
With either the Lahiri or Krishnamurti ayanamsa, Francis was elected to the papacy under Mercury/Jupiter. The Krishnamurti ayanamsa gives a Jupiter bhukti beginning October 3, 2011, Jupiter being lord of 10th. Saturn would begin next year on January 8. As Jupiter is with the Sun in an angular house, it seems fitting that Francis became pope at this time since the Sun is the indicator of elevation and kingship. Both Sun and Jupiter are very potent in Sagittarius. Saturn is also strong in its moolatrikona sign (Aquarius), and as lord of the benefic 9th. The 9th can also relate to status along with spiritual topics.

Pkajdubey,did you know that both the Raman and Yukteswar ayanamsas have their origin in the Persian (Sassanian) 564 reform of astronomical tables? Zero Aries was set at ten minutes east of Zeta Pisces. Raymond Mercier discusses this in his book, Studies on the Transmission of Medieval Mathematical Astronomy (2004). Ayanamsas in this general vacinity were popular in India until the government set the Lahiri value.

But the Raman camp has stayed with the approximate Persian value, apparently not aware of its origin outside of India. Mark referred to this value recently on the Traditional forum. We know that Masha'allah used sidereal tables as this is mentioned in Benjamin Dykes Persian Nativities, Volume I. (p. 16) So the sidereal zodiac hung on in Persia, and it's the same zodiac that made its way to India according to Mercier.
Last edited by Therese Hamilton on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Thanks Therese,

Jupiter sub-period is as acceptable and the 10 lord and Jupiter being a benefic ruling kendra but in own sign should not be a malefic for Gemini lagna.
Jupiter has not given him much material things- the missing wife is one and power(again missing)-
His power as head of state is quite notional.

So the saturn as 9th lord and the moola-trikona sign of Saturn was quite relevant to me.Saturn would also fit with his spartan life of a Franciscan monk.

Raman's ayamsa is not far away from the Surya Siddhanta ayanamsha but in maitreya software only the Raman's is available.

PD