Insurance money?

Hi fellow astrologers!

I have a querent who has suffered extensive damage to his business from hurricane Sandy.
His property insurance company will most likely not pay much on the claim because with hurricanes, it gets very 'grey' when it comes to flood vs wind (which came first, the chicken or the egg type of problem.)
The querent is seeking to hire a 'public adjustor' to help with the claim. A public adjustor is an advocate for the public - so in this specific case, the public adjustor would 'go after' the insurance company to get the most money from the insurance company for the querent. The public adjustor makes his/her money by taking 10% from the money the insurance company pays out. In this specific case, the public adjustor feels confident that he can get a good settlement from the insurance company becaues he feels that the wind 'broke open' the doors to the business, letting in the ocean.
The querns tis covered for wind, but not flood.

The question from the querent is:
"Will the public adjustor be able to get our business a good settlement from the insurance company?"

Chart data:
January 18, 2013
12:19pm EST (eastern standard time)
New York, NY USA
40N46
73W59
ASC: 23 Taurus 18
Moon: 25 Aries 48 in 12th house

Interpretation:
The insurance company is house 7, ruled by Mars in aquarius in the 10th house.
The money from the insurance company would be Jupiter, ruler of the 8th, located in House 1, but retrograde in Gemini in the sign of the querent's second house of money.

Moon in the 12th, co significator for querent, and south node on ASC do express the concern of the damage to the business from the hurricane.
Venus is ruer of ASC, and has some dignity in capricorn on the cusp of the 9th. It's a good company, been in business for decades.

The moon (co sig of querent) squared Mars (insurance company) 7 degrees in the past - which is actually when the insurance company sent out its own adjustor.

It is a bit challenging to figure out which planet is the public adjustor. But I think it is Mercury - the 2nd house is the house of one's advocate - and we see Mercury approaching the 10th house (querent's business). Mercury is Cazimi with the Sun - which is very strong. The sun rules house 4, the immoveable property of the querent. (Notice that Mercury was conjunct the sun, and the public adjustor has been to the property of the querent, and wishes to take on this claim.)

I like Jupiter representing the insurance company's money. Jupiter is a nice planet to represent money! However, it is retrograde, so the money is not forthcoming just yet. Also, Jupiter is in detriment. But, it is in the querent's 1st house, and in the sign of querent's second house - so I am not sure I'd jump to the conclusion that the money was going to be disappointing.

The querent did not ask 'when' insurance money would be awarded to the querent. The querent just asked if the pubic adjustor would be helpful. I am trying to see the connection between the public adjustor and the insurance company. I do see that the Moon had squared Mars, the insurance company, and will soon square Mercury, the public adjustor. So, there we do see a flow of events that makes sense. Also, the moon will gain strength as it moves into its exaltation sign of Taurus, the ascending sign of the querent, and will eventually conjunct the ascendant.

This horary is quite complex, which is why I am posting it here to get some feedback.

I'd appreciate it!

Thank you,
BM

johannes susato wrote: And why not the Lord of the second, who looks for me too so proper in this question?

Johannes
I was merely offering an option which BlueMoon does not appear to have considered so far Johannes. It is for BlueMoon to decide who looks "proper for this question"

Geoffrey

Geoffrey wrote:The public adjuster would be an agent working on behalf of your querent - 5th house.

Geoffrey
Very interesting. Never occurred to me. If I take the ruler of the 5th as the public adjustor, that puts him on the MC (the querent's business), and Mercury, querent's money, is cazimi with Public Adjustor. This would be favorable.

Does anyone think that Jupiter, ruler of the 8th (Insurance money), being in the 1st house (in sign of 2nd house) might be favorable (in spite of being retrograde and in detriment). Its retrograde motion makes sense due to the slow (and withholding nature of the insurance company paying out claims)..but being in detriment could be suggesting that although money will be going to querent, it won't be a windfall as it would be if, let's say, Jupiter was in Pisces.

BM

Hello BlueMoon,

we agree: significator of the public adjustor is Mercury, lord 2, and Mercury at the same time significator of the fortune of the querent.

The Moon translates the light from Mars (the insurance company) to the Sun (house of the querent).

As the the Sun is a significator of a part of the querent (his house) I don't see the Sun prohibiting a further translation of the light of Mars to Mercury, the public adjustor.
Here is the connection between the insurance company and the adjustor, you looked for.

Following Lilly I don't see Mercury being void of course, so he will come to the trine of Jupiter, the money of the insurance company, thus signifying that the public adjustor and the querent will get the money asked for.

As Jupiter is retrograde, in his detriment (but saved from being in peregrination by being in his face) and the perfection of the the trine just two or three days before his second station, the expectations of your querent as to the sum of the money should not be too high.

[quote=""BlueMoon"]The question from the querent is:
"Will the public adjustor be able to get our business a good settlement from the insurance company?" [/quote]
The answer is YES as to the settlement. But whether it is good as to the sum of money might be doubted.

Johannes

PS: Is there the option of another adjustor the querent has in mind?

Geoffrey wrote:
johannes susato wrote: And why not the Lord of the second, who looks for me too so proper in this question?

Johannes
I was merely offering an option which BlueMoon does not appear to have considered so far Johannes. It is for BlueMoon to decide who looks "proper for this question"

Geoffrey
What looks proper, must not be proper, Geoffrey. I had hoped to see you giving reasons for your - perhaps much more proper - opinion then.

Johannes

johannes susato wrote: I had hoped to see you giving reasons for your - perhaps much more proper - opinion then.
I have no claims as to what is 'proper' here. But consider that the public adjuster is working on commission, not for a fixed fee. Payment by commission is considered a 'gift' for the work done, a portion of the procured sum given as reward. And gifts are 5th house. That is the logic of ambassadors being in the 5th house, because they (used to) try and influence by bribes or gifts (same word in Greek). So, I think it worth considering that an agent or 'ambassador' who is working on commission might be given to the 5th house....

Geoffrey

Thank you, Johannes, for your reply. You have made sense of a complex horary chart.

You asked if there is another public adjustor that the querent has in mind -

So far the querent has only contacted one adjustor.

I will suggest to the querent another adjustor be considered, and perhaps the querent can ask another horary about adjustor #2 to see if he/she can get more money for the querent from the insurance company.

Thank you,
BlueMoon

BlueMoon wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:The public adjuster would be an agent working on behalf of your querent - 5th house.

Geoffrey
Very interesting. Never occurred to me. If I take the ruler of the 5th as the public adjustor, that puts him on the MC (the querent's business), and Mercury, querent's money, is cazimi with Public Adjustor. This would be favorable.
BM
But not really more favourable than backwards:
Mercury (adjustor and querent's money) elevated above the Sun (the querent's house) and Mercury, adjustor and money for minutes nearer to the MC (the querent's business).

Probably your horary can not solve the problem whether the 5th house option is more correct or more proper than the 2nd house option as to the adjustor. Unless there would be still another option (or more).

I always understood agents (as ambassadors alotted to the 5th house) would be those of states. But if they could be personal agents too, impresarios of artists for example, then why not private agents in the sense of representatives or public adjustors in the service of a private person or firm, allot to the 5th house instead to the 2nd?

But as said, this problem is of no relevance for your question in my opinion, because the result would be nearly the same:
With the Mercury option querent's fortune and the adjustor trine the inssurance's money first.
With the Sun option querent's fortune trine the insurance's money first, and afterwards querent's house and the adjustor.
So perhaps Mercury = fortune and adjustor would be still better by a hair.

Johannes

Interesting and good points, Johannes.

I have a theoretical question:

The querent informed me that the losses from the hurricane to the property and contents of the business are 1 million dollars.
The most the querent can get from the insurance company would be 1 million dollars.
If Jupiter, let's say for theory's sake, was in Pisces, direct, and in the 1st house, we might say that the querent could very well recoup the 1 million in losses.
Then let's say that the 8th house was ruled by Saturn in Leo, retrograde, in the 1st house. We might say that the querent would recoup zero.
In this specific chart, we have Jupiter, retrograde, in Gemini..in the 1st.
We know that is most likely not going to be a million dollar recovery from the insurance company.
But it certainly won't be zero (Saturn in Leo and retrograde would possibly be zero)
Is it possible that in this chart, the querent could recoup 1/2 his losses since it is the great benefic, the natural ruler of wealth, but compromised by its retrograde motion and being in its detriment?

If the querent does indeed choose this public adjustor, it will be interesting to see how much of the million dollar in losses the querent recoups.

BM