Having problems with this chart.

I apologize ahead of time, but I have never had such difficulty reading a chart as I have with this one.

On Dec. 22 I went on a job interview because I was intrigued about the position and the way that they found me. Once there, I was very tempted to consider taking this position. Keep in mind that I do have a job that I love at a firm that I love, but since I work on comission I have had a very bad two years financially. The new job would entail a salary. It would also mean giving up working in the city, giving up the wonderful clients I have actually grown to adore, never being able to go back into production again, and leaving a manager I admire and respect. I would be going into management, probably trading the headaches I know for new ones, and actually working in the suburbs ( the most hated part of it all ).
':-cry'

I did a chart about the new job, and learned that they would offer me the position and at a salary I would be more than happy with. The money is the only reason that I would make the move. (Although I am married to the most wonderful, intelligent, loving, sexy man on earth, he is an artist. Need I say more?)

So I asked "should I stay where I am or take the new position?"

The chart was cast at 71w09, 42n21 at 16:28 universal time on monday dec. 27, 2004.

I know that I am represented by the 1st house ruled by Mars, and the moon. My career is represented by Saturn ruler of the 10th. The new job I give to the 7th house, so it is ruled by Venus. Also in the 10th house sits the sun, conjunct the MC, and in the 7th conjunct are Jupiter and the Part of Fortune.

Mars is sitting in the 8th house in Sag. I can't see any significant aspects to Mars other than a sort of trine with lovely Saturn who sits retrograde in Cancer in the 5th house. I really do not know how to read this.

The 7th house ruler Venus is also in the 8th house in Sag. Venus is in its term and Venus is about to complete a sextile with Jupiter and the Part of Fortune. All I can make out of this is that the new offer is a good one, but I already knew that.

The sun in the 10th conj the MC also makes me wonder if I should stay where I am. But I don't see any other real significant activity with the sun beyond that.

Mercury is in its detriment. This makes me uneasy because I feel that communications are off a bit. Gemini is on the cusp of the third house and Virgo is wedged into the 6th house.

The moon is dignified in Cancer in the 4th. But I am not sure how to interpret the meaning of the 4th house here, although I have had dreams about drowning lately.':-sk'

And the moon is about to conjunct Saturn, but the moon will be leaving the 4th and going into the 5th to do this. This is the only indication I can see that points to the new position. But what is the meaning of that Saturn in detriment? Is it a mistake?

I am baffled beyond my normal bafflement, so any assistance would be most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time.
Debra

I think the seventh house would represent your rivals for the new job rather than the new job itself.

I'd be inclined to give your possible new job to the seventh house from the tenth, i.e. the fourth, since it is the career which is in competition with your current one.

I seem to remember seeing an example chart somewhere with a similar question and that was the approach taken.

Does the chart make more sense if you do that ?

jupRx

Thank you jupRx. I sincerely appreciate your input.

This tells me that the moon, ruler of the 4th is making a conjunction with Satrun retro in Cancer, but only when the moon moves into the 5th house.
Still a little confused. If the moon represents me, and the moon is about to conjunct Saturn retro, ruler of the 10th, it looks like there will be problems with staying in my present job. Also, the moon is leaving an opp with the sun in the 10th conj the MC. ':???:'
Could that be me leaving the old job?

Looking at Mars, also representing me, there is a trine between Mars and Saturn, retro in Cancer. Is staying at the old job a detriment?

And looking at the 4th house as the new job, is the 5th house then the house where money is made from the new job? If so, that Saturn doesn't bode well at all.

But here is where I get very confused: What then does the moon really represent? Me or the new job? I see the moon, ruler of the 4th in Cancer. If it is the new job, then it is really not making a link to Mars. Does that mean the opportunity is missed? And also, so many signs are intercepted in this chart.

I know this question has come up before in a thread, as to what does the moon represent when it is the ruler of the question. But it still isn't very clear to me in this chart.

Yikes!
Debra

Hi Debra,

OK, the three things you need to look at here are you, your current job and your (possible) future job.

You're signified by Mars, ruler of the Ascendant
Your current job is signified by Saturn, ruler of the MC
Your possible future job is signified by the Moon, ruler of the 4th house.

(However the ruler of the seventh, Venus, might also be relevant if you are looking at possible rivals for the "new job").

As I understand it, the Moon is only used as a joint significator for the querent, or a general indicator of "events", if it's not already used as a significator elsewhere in the chart. In this case, it rules your possible new job - so it's not your joint significator this time.

To answer any horary question, once you've identified which houses are relevant to the question, you need to look at:
1. Dignities. These tell you how much power each of the significators has to act in relation to the question.
2. Receptions. These tell you whether the significators have the inclination to act.
3. Aspects. These tell you whether the significators have the opportunity to act.

For the chart to show you taking the new job and it working out well, you'd want to see most or ideally all of the following in the chart:

1. Your own significator (i.e. Mars) well dignifed. This would mean you have power to influence events.
2. The significator of your new job (the Moon) well dignified. This would mean your new employer is also in good shape.
3. Some mutual reception between you and the new job. In other words that not only do you like the new job but it "likes" you.
4. An applying aspect between the new job (the Moon) and you (Mars, or the Ascendant) showing that you and the new job will get together.
5. If there are rivals for the job, you'd want to see their significator (Venus) poorly dignified, and/or an absence of mutual reception between their significator and the new job.
6. To be consistent you'd obviously expect to see some adverse aspect between you and your current job (most probably an opposition since that generally denotes sepration) showing you leaving it.

No doubt you'll find that the situation isn't as clear cut as that when you look at the chart, but that's life. :(

Obviously you can apply the same principles to your current job.

Yes, money from your new job would be signified by the ruler of the second house from the fourth (the fifth), and that from your old job the second from the tenth (the eleventh). Again you could apply the same principles - you'd expect: the receptions to show that you love the new job's money more than the old job's; the new job's money to have more dignity than the old job's; and, if you take the job, an applying aspect between the new job's money and you.

But once you try to include all these factors you will probably run out of significators and end up in a state of total confusion, so I'd try to keep it as simple as possible.

I'm afraid I haven't answered some of your questions, sorry - but that's the approach I would take.

I know this is a site for discussing horary astrology but another approach you could take is to throw away your chart, make yourself a coffee, sit in a quiet room, think about the pros and cons of both jobs, talk it over with your husband, and then make a decision based on your own intuition. :)

hope that helps,

jupRx

Thanks again JupRx.

I will take your horary advice and go over the chart once more and see what comes up.

I guess your idea of lining up the pros and cons sounds like a good one, too.
I think I am just too emotional right now to step away from this dilemma and be reasonable. But I do think it's time for a coffee.

Take care.
Debra

Debra wrote:Thanks again JupRx.

I will take your horary advice and go over the chart once more and see what comes up.

I guess your idea of lining up the pros and cons sounds like a good one, too.
I think I am just too emotional right now to step away from this dilemma and be reasonable. But I do think it's time for a coffee.

Take care.
You're welcome.

I had more of a look at the chart but other than observing that based on dignities the new employer seems to hold all the power here (Moon in its own sign and house) and your current employer is badly debilitated (Saturn in detriment and retrograde) it's a difficult chart to interpret and doesn't make a lot of sense based on what you've said about your feelings about your current job and the new one.

I can't see any applying aspects between you and the new job, which tends to suggest that the status quo is likely to remain. But perhaps someone more experienced can have a look, I'm not that confident.

whatever you decide, and however it turns out, good luck :)

jupRx