will I get the job offer I want? (an exercise)

I have a job at a place I like, doing what I like, but because things have been difficult in my field, and because I work on commission, money has been tight this year. Also, the business I am in is in flux, and the firm I am at now may be in for some changes (so might the entire industry.)

Every other week a headhunter calls and tries to entice me to move to another firm. It is common practise in my business.

About a month ago I told the headhunter, mainly to get them to stop calling me, that if I were to switch firms, this (and I described it) is the type of job I want. I thought that would be the end of the conversation.

Two weeks ago they called me back and said they had a firm that wanted to meet me, who were ready to create the job I asked for.

Now, to make things even more interesting, and since I so like where I work, I have a ridiculous figure of money in mind as a salary. It is outrageous, but then again maybe my youthful years of living the life of a pauper have clouded my view of what is outrageous these days.

I asked the following question:
Will I get the offer I want?

I asked the question and consulted the chart at 71w09, 42n01 in Brighton, MA, USA at 5:39 p.m. EST on Dec. 6.

I got Cancer rising with the moon in the fourth house in Libra. I used the 11th house as the quesited which is in Aries, since it is the money from the job that I am asking about, and Mars its ruler is in the 5th house in Scorpio. Saturn is also in the first house, in Cancer and retrograde.

At first glance, the moon is not aspecting mars, but saturn, ruler of the 7th house, is approaching a trine with mars perfecting in about 9 degrees. The moon is about to conjunct Jupiter which is the ruler of the 10th house of career perfecting in 7 degrees. Jupiter is also sitting in Libra in the 4th.

I sure do like that Mars in the 5th house in Scorpio! And it feels right since I am creating the job basically (5th house). I am seeing that the offer will be there, at the salary I ask for, but that Saturn sitting in Cancer in the first house leads me to think that I won't take it. Saturn is ruling the 7th house and sitting in the 1st, making me think that I might not like the other people at this new firm no matter how much money they offer me. But maybe I am not reading the Saturn correctly.

When I was 20 all I asked about were questions about love and "him". Now with 3 children, all I ask about is money. I bet 20 years hence all my questions will be about health.

Well, there you have it.

The interview is tomorrow afternoon. I plan on going and enjoying myself. If anyone has the time or interest to comment on this chart I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Debra

Re: will I get the job offer I want? (an exercise)

I got Cancer rising with the moon in the fourth house in Libra. I used the 11th house as the quesited which is in Aries, since it is the money from the job that I am asking about, and Mars its ruler is in the 5th house in Scorpio. Saturn is also in the first house, in Cancer and retrograde.
Hi Debra,
I get Saturn within 3 degrees of the 2nd cusp, using Regiomontanus, so to me it has more of an influence on your 2nd. But that's just a matter of house preference, really.
At first glance, the moon is not aspecting mars, but saturn, ruler of the 7th house, is approaching a trine with mars perfecting in about 9 degrees.

Not sure that would count, as Saturn isn't your significator, and besides, it's in detriment.

The moon is about to conjunct Jupiter which is the ruler of the 10th house of career perfecting in 7 degrees. Jupiter is also sitting in Libra in the 4th.

This is a good perfection and shows you ought to get the job, even though there is no reception between the Moon and Jupiter. They are both angular and cardinal too, which suggests ease.
I sure do like that Mars in the 5th house in Scorpio! And it feels right since I am creating the job basically (5th house).
Well that's a powerful Mars to be sure, suggesting that the company resources are in good shape, but the thing that bothers me is that Mars is in the sign of the Moon's fall while the Moon is in the sign of Mars's detriment. There's no applying aspect either, nor is there translation or collection of light, so I'm not sure that things will go as smoothly as you hope.
The interview is tomorrow afternoon. I plan on going and enjoying myself. If anyone has the time or interest to comment on this chart I would appreciate it. Thank you.
You're welcome. Let us know how it all works out, won't you?
Good luck :)
--
Pete

Life is just too funny at times. From one day to the next, you never know.

But first, Pete wrote (and thank you, Pete, this is really helpful):

I get Saturn within 3 degrees of the 2nd cusp, using Regiomontanus, so to me it has more of an influence on your 2nd. But that's just a matter of house preference, really.

I will agree since I am so tired of that Saturn retrograde in Cancer, in both my horary charts as of late as well as my birth chart aspects. So let's forget about Saturn!

As for the moon conjuncting Jupiter, well, that may be more significant than we first thought. First of all I met with the manager at the new firm yesterday. I really liked him. The host company is a Canadian company, not headquartered in the USA, which, believe it or not, makes a positive difference to me. This nice man took about 20 minutes telling me that Canadian companies are different, slower, nicer. Maybe he is right. But I get ahead again.

It looks like he and I clicked, but the job he described was nothing like what the headhunter had described to me (big surprise). We talked for about an hour and he basically said he would work something out with me.
He told me I was the kind of person he liked to hire, not some arrogant hot shot, the kind he turned away even when they couldn't figure out why. He took my home address and is sending me some info in the mail about the company. Now it seems the final say is up to me.

Well, I basically wrote it off until today. One of our middle managers really did something that upset me all afternoon. It was rude, degrading, and just plain unacceptable to me. And, he sent one of the women over to tell me! He didn't have the you know what to see me himself! And over Christmas Cards! I sent an email to the head manager but this situation is one that will not go away in my mind. Which gets back to the idea of a Canadian firm perhaps being a bit kinder. I have worked for three major U.S. investment firms and two major U.S. banks here in Boston, and at this point in my life I think that there is no humanity in these big American corporations.

So, what was as of yesterday a "no, I don't think I want this new job. I like where I work" is now a "maybe they are nicer people". The moon conjuncting jupiter might just be me and my emotions heading over to that nice big generous jupiter at the Canadian firm.

Quote:
Well that's a powerful Mars to be sure, suggesting that the company resources are in good shape, but the thing that bothers me is that Mars is in the sign of the Moon's fall while the Moon is in the sign of Mars's detriment. There's no applying aspect either, nor is there translation or collection of light, so I'm not sure that things will go as smoothly as you hope.

I am however very concerned about this part. Of course my life in general is about as smooth as 60 grit sandpaper, but is there something more I should know about this Canadian firm? Or perhaps this is simply that the amount of money I was asking for (and it was ridiculous) is not something that will be offered to me? I wish I could see more in this chart.

I will take some deep breaths and wait to make a sound decision. I have not heard back from the head manager yet in reponse to my email, but I expect to. It was late in the work day when I emailed her. But my entire office is getting sick of these two younger middle managers we have in our branch, and I figure anything can happen. (Now all of you British folk know why "The Office" is such a big hit in the USA!)

Thank you Pete.
Debra