Please read before posting in this forum

This forum area has been set up to allow discussion of astrological principles as they relate to the sidereal zodiac perspective. Sidereal astrology can be discussed in general terms anywhere in the Skyscript forum, but in this area it leads the focus of any exploration on astrological theory and practice. Contributions are welcome from practitioners or enthusiasts of sidereal astrology, or from forum members wishing to comment or learn more about sidereal methods.
The most important policy of this forum is to be respectful to other members and to the subject of this board. In line with that, please note the comment made in the post below, which correctly summarises the purpose of this forum area:
The only requirement for posting on this forum is that questions, contributions and discussions be in the context of a sidereal zodiac. "A" sidereal zodiac because the ayanamsa question has yet to be settled. This isn't the place to compare the tropical and sidereal zodiacs, though different ayanamsas can be discussed and debated if necessary.
Last edited by Deb on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hello everyone,

I want to thank Deb for allowing a sidereal section of her forum. This is really an experiment to determine if there is enough interest in the sidereal to maintain its own forum. As an introduction for myself, I began as a tropical astrologer, and received my early astrological education from the London Faculty of Astrological Studies. After ten years I was introduced to the western sidereal system, and from there I studied Jyotish with different teachers and practitioners.

Most recently I've been experimenting with Traditional techniques in the sidereal zodiac. I've been using the translations from ARHAT (Rob Hand), Project Hindsight (Robert Schmidt, Hand and Zoller), Ben Dykes, and James Holden as well as a a few other sources. For anyone interested there is a short biography and photo at this link: http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/abio.htm

The only requirement for posting on this forum is that questions, contributions and discussions be in the context of a sidereal zodiac. "A" sidereal zodiac because the ayanamsa question has yet to be settled. This isn't the place to compare the tropical and sidereal zodiacs, though different ayanamsas can be discussed and debated if necessary. I especially like to see examples of personal work and research using the sidereal zodiac.

Thank you,
Therese Hamilton
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

I, too, am grateful to Deb for starting this section (as well as those on Indian, Asian and Chinese systems). I have been experimenting with sidereal astrology for awhile in a very narrow context, so probably won't have much to contribute in terms of scholarship - but there is a great deal I'd like to learn more about, and I am pleased to have this section of the forum in support of that.

A quick update to announce that Martin Gansten has agreed to act as moderator for this forum. I've placed the news about this and some biographical details about Martin here

You will see from my post there how pleased I am personally about this.