horary chart, romantic reunion?

:sg
Well, I've been seeing this gentleman who is away, we are supposed to go camping with a bunch of friends over the labor day weekend (sept 4-6) and wondered if this is going to be a romantic get togehter or if we are going to end up breaking up. (He hasn't been calling me and I'm upset with him) so at 13:01 hours Los angeles, CA Time Today, 19 Aug 2004 I asked the question, Will he and I be cementing or ending this relationship? and found the chart a bit interesting...

firstly I get 20 Sco for ASC... being I'm an aries, I find this amusing. he gets Taurus, well lets see he's a libra with a taurus rising, so very fitting , so here we get the woman getting a manly(mars) planet and the man getting the womanly(venus) planet how amusing, especially considering how manly he is :)... sigh.. they are in sextile still but venus is closing in, so really moving out of sextile? the Moon is SQUARE Venus... But in Mutual Reception? I'm as confused over this chart as I am the relationship...

Mars, me, is conjunct Mercury Rx? I dont know who this could be, I'm not seeing anyone else at the moment? could it be a symbol of mental separation? (merc goes direct the 4th interestingly enough)

Any thoughts? I've been thinking about breaking off with this man, but it never seems to happen. I do care about him, I just prefer to be treated better.

thanks for the input.

Granny

I?m glad you said you?ve been thinking about breaking off with him, because this doesn?t look good. Mars is not only conjunct retrograde Mercury (communication difficulties / arguments) it is also opposite Uranus, the planet of separation. The sextile between Venus and Mars is breaking up, Mars is about to enter combustion and the Moon is separating from the square of Venus and applying to the square of Saturn, which rules the 3rd house.

It seems that just recently you?ve had cause for frustration and there?s more to come. The problems revolve around communication. The Moon?s next aspect is a trine to Neptune in the 3rd house, so it looks like confusion followed by arguments. The only hopeful element is that there?s an applying sextile between the Moon and the Sun, through it?s out of orb so its promise is limited. I think you need to clear the air even if it?s quite unsettling and hope that after that you can rebuild a stronger relationship or at least feel better about yourself.

I totally agree.

I'd just add that I'd forget about making comparison's to one's natal chart when doing a horary. There is really no correspondence between the two things, and it does not make a horary any more valid if your significator rules the sign where the Sun was in your natal chart. I know it's tempting to look at such a horary and say, "That's me there!" The first house ruler is always you, be it Saturn, Mars or Mercury.

And even if it seems funny that this guy's significator in the horay is Venus while yours is Mars, you might be missing somethimg that the horary is trying to tell you if you just look at it from that point of view. Everyone has a part of them that is Venus. A man in a bar who is downing beer after beer, singing at the top of his lungs, being the life of the party, and chasing after every women in sight is expressing pure Venus energy, albeit of the debilitated variety.

I'd add one other point about this chart that is a BIG sign to explain why you you might be right when you think about breaking up with him. Your significators are both in the signs of each other's detriment. That sours any aspect between the two planets. In the real world, it just means that you are bad for each other.
Mark F

thanks for the input, I had missed the uranus opposition, being to focused on the upper hemisphere. Oh well, I'll miss him, but I'm sure the right someone will come along eventually. After all Jupiter is transiting my Part of Marriage late next month, surely a sign of good things to come. I eagerly await Jupiter leaving Virgo.

About the Planets in reference to natal. I always look at the planets in a chart to see if they represent the people involved in some way or if they make no sense at all. If the planets seem wrong for the individuals I've generally found that someone else has slipped into the equation. For instance if he had come up as Saturn, the chart would have been completely invalid in my mind, or let me know that I have a father issue to deal with or soemthing of the like. Mars, fine fit for him, sun as well, I could even understand Mercury or the moon as him if it came up that way, but in some way the planet must fit the person involved. And frankly you hit it right on the head, he is a bit of a skirt chaser. Not the best part of Venus. (though I hope I represent some of the finer parts of mars, I've always been fond of Ares) thanks again for your input.
:)

Granny

I still don't think there's any link between a person's natal chart and a horary. (Or it AN horary, since this is a British website?) Either way, do you think that Venus describes him well? Personally I wouldn't throw a chart out just because I didn't like the significator. I'd look at the whole picture, aspects, house positions, receptions, etc.
Mark F

he loves beautiful things (heaven forbid his jag get a speck of dust upon it) He is fussy about his looks and clothes, he likes to work with his hands, indulgent with his repast. So yes, I'd say that in many ways he is a venusian person.

Granny