Still confused ...but for another reason!

Hi!

I set up a chart for this question ''Should I continue this mailorder design business project?'' I've been thinking about this for many years and it seems to be a possibility now ...for some insane reason...I actually discussed it with someone who handles business startups ! I've been collecting ideas for products and marketing plans for a long time but it seems to be less disjointed now...I seem to be able to connect the dots (very important for me,need to be secure...I read the end of a book before the begginning!) and the 'project' has a wholeness to it (is that a word?) its more complete, like seeing a person in the light instead of in the shadows. In my estimation it'll take about a year if not two to actually say I'm in business..many other 'things' are going on which I have to handle and you'd think that this would not be a good time but contrary to what I would have thought....it's helping me focus and streamline. I asked the question to see if my renewed energy is a sign of real viability of the project or simply a way to survive waht is happening in my Life?

THing is that I can't seem to find a simple answer with the chart...

13 June 2004 8:31 p.m 71w04 48n26

Here is waht I see..

THe querent (me) is Jupiter in the 8th ..but it's 5 degrees 'till the 9th ...I'm studying right now , art teachers degree with a minor in painting( which I love) but I'm thinking of doing an extra year in design. 9th is education that's where I am at hte moment. ..but my Life is in a state of flux, old ways are dying ( 8th house?) and I feel an attack of the phoenix coming on..whether I want it or not.
Now if I use Saturn as the significator of the 2nd house ...it has an applying aspect to Jupiter ..that's positive as well as the Moon in the fourth going into the 5th in Taurus...4th house is the home and Taurus is also comfort and solidity ( since my business is home furnsishing and decorative art objects ..not a bad place to be for the Moon). My Sun is progressed into Taurus this year so to me that's a good sign aswell. THe Moon is also aspecting both significators...good, right?

So 2nd house, 4th ,5th and 9th are hit...not the 10th though which would be career and whose significator is Venus opposing the Ascendant which is conjuct Pluto ..not a good thing is it? Isn't Pluto a transformation planet?Not neccessarily a good transformation? What's it doing sitting in my 1st house and opposing the Sun(the querent co-significator) mercury and Venus? Also in the 2nd house ...sits Uranus in Pisces and Neptune in Aquarius..okay they are separating but still isn't that mutal reception and aren't they illusion and the unexpected? opposing Jupiter? I suppose the fact that Neptune is actually sitting on my natal Moon at the moment and Jupiter is 3 degrees away from my natal MC as well as Uranus heading for my pisces Sun...

see why I'm confused??? You say that a question is easily answered when ONLY the elements concerning the question are examined...therefore only teh jupiter,moon and saturn aspects should be read....Does the fact that mars is totally unaspected but still blocking the path towards jupiter of any concern?

Therefore if I see it correctly and its not just wishful thinking....it's positive... this should be continued ...but again is taht just wishful thinking on my part?
Tahnk you for reading and any insight you may give me...like a trail of breadcrumbs to lead out of the forest...again thank you! :???:
Live and let live

Hi Adelaide

I will leave the astrology to the experts here. In terms of the business there are a few questions you need to ask yourself and then perhaps it will be clearer to you.

1. Do you really want to start this business?

2. Have you thought through all the planning (eg do you have a business plan etc)?

3. Have you access to finance to start and keep the business going?

4. Would you enjoy learning about the business even if it is not viable?

5. What are your concerns?

If you have at least asked the above questions and planning has started perhaps what you might want to ask is "When is the best possible time and date to start the business?"
THing is that I can't seem to find a simple answer with the chart...
Nothing in life is simple :) What is the worst that can happen? (as long as you plan!) You will have learned a lot about the business and yourself whatever happens.
Neil
Online Dating::Star Sign Compatibility

"Honesty's the Best Policy" - Miguel de Cervantes

THe querent (me) is Jupiter in the 8th ..but it's 5 degrees 'till the 9th ...
It's within 5 degrees so think of Jupiter as in the 9th. Trying to read it as partly in the 9th and partly in the 8th will only leave you confused.
Now if I use Saturn as the significator of the 2nd house ...it has an applying aspect to Jupiter ..that's positive ...
Relating this to your question, the contact between the main sig and Saturn, ruler of 2nd, suggests that the available funds you have to start the business are low. Saturn, at best, can only promise a realistic or reliable source, but here it's in detriment. Why is it in the 7th house? Do you think a partner might be or become involved in the funding?
as well as the Moon in the fourth going into the 5th in Taurus...4th house is the home and Taurus is also comfort and solidity ( since my business is home furnsishing and decorative art objects ..not a bad place to be for the Moon).
Again, being so close to the 5th, think of it only in the 5th. It is still very relevant to home furnishings since the 5th house is the house of pleasantries, luxuries and venusian concerns. The trine between the Moon and Jupiter is an excellent indication that this would be a rewarding venture for you, and also that you are likely to do very well pursuing the university course you are presently studying.
My Sun is progressed into Taurus this year so to me that's a good sign aswell. THe Moon is also aspecting both significators...good, right?
You need to give some thought to the meaning of the Moon making a sextile to Saturn in the 7th. This is connecting partnerships and finances: the sextile shows that there is something workable and constructive for you to explore, but Saturn being Saturn, it could also be a source of frustration or something that you feel potentially blocks the development of the business.
So 2nd house, 4th ,5th and 9th are hit...not the 10th though which would be career and whose significator is Venus opposing the Ascendant which is conjuct Pluto ..not a good thing is it?
The first place to look for a question concerning a new business is the midheaven and its ruler. This represents your professional activities and how well they are received. Libra and Venus seem descriptive of the nature of the business proposed and there is an applying contact between Venus and Jupiter, since Venus is retrograding to the sq of Jupiter as its next aspect - showing a revisiting of an idea you've thought about before. The sq between Venus and Jupiter isn't worrying considering you have that trine from the Moon to Jupiter. Venus disposes of Jupiter by triplicity, term and face so you are definitely suited to working within the arena you've suggested. The sq suggests to me that you have a sense of purpose in pursuing this, which you'll need because Venus is in the 6th house showing there will be some hard work involved. Without supporting factors I would worry that this might suggest you put a lot into the business and get little out of it, but you have that Moon trine Jupiter AND Jupiter is sextile the part of fortune on the 11th house which is a very good indication.

I think it's more likely that you will have to work hard to obtain the funding you need and build a reputation, but the chart overall shows success and happiness connected this venture and I would take it as a cause for encouragement.
Isn't Pluto a transformation planet?Not neccessarily a good transformation? What's it doing sitting in my 1st house and opposing the Sun(the querent co-significator) mercury and Venus?
Don't read too much into Pluto. However the Sun-Pluto opposition is bringing partnership issues (and power battles?) into question again. The 7th house is ruled by Mercury, from which your planet is separating - this might be describing a personal relationship you are or have been involved in.

Also in the 2nd house ...sits Uranus in Pisces and Neptune in Aquarius..okay they are separating but still isn't that mutal reception
There's no MR involving outer planets since they don't rule anything in the dignity scheme.
and aren't they illusion and the unexpected? opposing Jupiter?
Venus trine Neptune in 2nd - watch out for financial confusion, someone pulling the wool over your eyes or you being too rose coloured and optimistic about the finances involved.

Jupiter opp Uranus - well that's separating. This whole chart would make perfect sense if you've recently had a lot of changes concerning a relationship or a situation that you are breaking away from. If it's not that, think about what it could be.
Does the fact that mars is totally unaspected but still blocking the path towards jupiter of any concern?
No. There's no applying aspect between Mars and Jupiter since Mars leaves Cancer whilst Jupiter is still in Virgo. Mars is sq the MC though. I can't help thinking that everything about this business looks right, but there's some conflict involved with another person and that may be affecting the finances. If you can't understand that now, just be very careful about any plans you make that involve giving influence to other people. Since Mars is in Cancer, where it is not easily expressed, this may be more about tensions that are sensed than obviously acknowledged.

:o
Thank you very much...I was actually expecting the illusion of Neptune to predominate in some way....glad you are able to confirm taht it's not just wishful thinking...As for the Saturn and relationships I really don't know waht to say...I have twice deleted attempts at expalnations or descriptions of my Life at the moment.So I'll spare us both and not even try to give one anymore.

Saturn, relationships,7th house and money..all I can come up with is my husband...all of these in any combination is difficult.
I'm 45 years old and after 25 years of marriage have no home, no career and no savings. I have a husband who is now coming to face with the fact that his health is very bad? (not sure about the wording) he needs two hip replacements at the age of 45....he might be forced into retirement and therefore we have a very big loss of income and NOW I seem to have the privilege of working till I'm 65 to pay for a house ...DO you get the impression tath the tone of this e-mail is getting out of hand? I knew this was coming ..I'm like the cat that is in the middle of the road and sees the truck but gets hit anyways. Add to that that my eldest daughter is back home with her son (and dog) temporarily and my other daughter is also home and has lost her job therefore it's no longer temporary (she brought bakc a husky) and my son is looking for a job fresh out of college. They're all home and I love them dearly BUT well you get the idea...so taht's relationships for me at the moment...personally a monastery right now sounds good!

What does all this have to do with my mail order business? Nothing really but it might explain the Pluto and Saturn thing...felt good to get it all out though...hope don't sound too shrewish and ticked off...I'm not... I feel more betrayed than anything else so when you say wool pulled over my eyes ...it could apply to my relationship with my husband he tends to sweet talk me logically ( he's Aquaius sun, Capricorn moon and Sag rising and I'm a wooss) where even though I KNOW I'm right I can't get through to him...and now I'm reaping what was planted...not much.....

again back to the business thing....I think it will work, all these ideas and things that pop into my head can't be there for no reason...i don't mind the hard work, doubt if anything is appreciated if there isn't any work done to get it. Maybe I need a partner? and tht's the 7th house thing but my husband ?we don't work well together....someone else? I don't trust people easily 'specially when it comes to matters that I care about. Well before it comes to taht I still have a lot of planning and development to do...

I appreciate your insight and I'm frankly relieved! My instincts are good..it feels right. Sorry for the ranting....if you want you can delete . I won't take offense.

THis is waht I'm going to do...I'll actually put it in a plan, a readable, logical , explaining format! RIght now I have different pieces of the puzzle assembled and spread out here and there but not really connecting in a real picture of any kind...there is safety in vagueness you know. That's waht I'm going to do. My goal ofr the summer before courses begin ...taht and paint...aren't I supposed to have more free time as I get older? when? when I'll be useles to even myself?? never happen!!

P.S. I did say thank you,right?
Live and let live

Hi Adelaide,

Now the chart makes sense. Believe me, you have my sympathies and any time you want to release some stress just have a rant here (we can always delete it later when you've calmed down :) ).

Seriously, the Moon's application to that detrimented Saturn in the 7th is the element that draws you back, and with the Moon on the 5th cusp it also shows the restraints on your freedom caused by the children. But the chart seems to be telling you to believe in yourself and this proposal of yours. Although we expect charts to only answer our specified query, they'll bring up all the relevant issues that are going on n our lives at the time of the question - they wouldn't be truly descriptive if they didn't.

I don't think the chart is showing that you need a partner, it's showing that 'other people' cause you problems and you have to overcome their restrictions. I know it's like running in mud but keep going and don't worry about what's going to happen when you're 65 - just stick to your plan and take one day at a time.

If you find a good monastery, let me know.

Thank you...unfortunaltely I might take you up on that ...but hopefully not!

Thank you again for the insight and if I could just get some breathing room it wouldn't be so bad...I'm a Pisces and I think my aquarium is just too full...all my oxygen is gone! :D I.ll keep you posted on my progress if any...I think I.ll get a turtle tattooed on one foot and a hare on the other...an ant and a grasshopper :lol: ??
Live and let live