Horary chart, Should go to astro school

Hello,

The date is June 11 2004
9:46 PM
Chapel Hill NC

The ascendant is Leo, sun in 11 house Gemini, along with Venus Rx and Mercury

Moon in Aries applying to Mercury

I have confusing results for this one. On one hand it looks good but then I see Mars and Saturn in 12th and Uranus in eight. Jupiter in second house

Mercury rules astrologers

I am not sure whether to use to outer planets or not.
One astrologer said yes, the other said no, just use William Lilly

The planetary hour was the sun, if that makes a difference.

Thank you,

:)

[quote="Tom"][quote]The date is June 11 2004
9:46 PM
Chapel Hill NC

The ascendant is Leo, sun in 11 house Gemini[/quote]

Do you mean 9:46 AM?

Tom[/quote]

Thanks Tom, your right AM

Are you a Pisces, I am as well. :)

Hi,

I'm not a real fan of "should I ?" questions. They don't reveal much of the querent's intent or motiviation, and at one level they appear to deny free will. Mostly they mean, "What will happen if I ...?" Or what will be the outcome?

I'm tempted to ask more about the course, but that might prejudice my answer. First off, I rarely use the outer planets. Some astrologers use them in horary, and I"ve seen a chart or two where they can be useful. Also, Uranus does not rule astrology; Mercury does. As John Frawley says, "We are thinkers not eccentrics." Uranus makes no tight aspect to anything of consequence.

Neptune is in a mutually appying trine to Venus, and I'll get to this below. Pluto is separating from the Sun who is separating from the Rx Pluto and so anything Pluto might contribute has already happened.

Querent's significator, the Sun is conjunct two fixed stars, Bellatrix and Capella. Both of these stars are associated with indecision (Robson), which describes the querent pretty well. The Sun's next aspect (where the querent is going) is a sextile from the Moon, ruler of the 12th house of self-undoing or troubles. I've never been fond of the Moon in fire signs either.

The course is represented by the 9th house of higher learning. Pisces is on the 9th, Jupiter rules Pisces. Jupiter is in Virgo, a Mercury sign (astrology, communication, the internet) in his detriment. The course is weak, maybe it isn't of the highest caliber or there is some other shortcoming from your point of view (I'm not trashing the course). The Sun is separated from Jupiter and the Moon will make no aspect to Jupiter, so I wonder if you will end up taking this course? Even if we use the exaltation ruler of the 9th cusp, Venus, we must note she is retrograde and combust and mutually applying to a trine with Neptune, the planet of confusion and illusion.

Mercury, the planet of astrology is very strong in Gemini, but is also very fast and he hastens to combustion as he is much faster than the Sun right now. The Moon as co-significator of the querent doesn't offer much either. She is in the 9th house but a different sign than the cusp. Moon in Aries seems very anxious to take the course, but there doesn't seem to be much more than desire here.

The 4th house is "the end of the matter." Libra is on the 4th cusp and we again see Venus, retrograde and combust, and conjunct Saturn by antiscion. Saturn rules the 6th house of injury and is in the 12th in detriment. Antiscion is a shadow conjunction, and there might be something going on behind the scenes so-to-speak that will hurt you. Check everything before you make the leap. The 6th is also the 10th of the 9th, the price of the course; Saturn in detriment indicates it isn't too expensive, but there might be hidden costs involved as well.

All in all, I don't see much good going on here. If you still want to take the course, I would advise two things. First make sure you understand everything before committing. Here is where Venus trine Neptune might come into play. I'm not suggesting the people giving this course are dishonest, only that you might not understand things as well as you should.

Secondly shop around. There may be something more suitable for you out there. Not every course is suitable for every individual. We all learn differently and one instructor might be better for you than me, and what is good for me, may not work for you.

There are a couple of other points that I don't have time to go into in depth. This is another way of saying I'm not sure what they mean, and I can't devote any more time to this right now, but I will mention them.

Moon and Mars are in mutual reception. Moon applies to Mars, but whatever this might mean, it is prevented by the Moon making aspects to Mercury and the Sun before she gets to Mars.

Mars is in 12 ruling 10. Mars is in fall and rules the MC (this doesn't seem real positive). The MC is about to change signs indicating a change in status. The part of forune is in a Moon sign (this is good) but also a late degree and about to change indicating a change in fortune. Do with these as you will.

Good luck. And Yes, I'm a Pisces.

Tom

Thank you, Tom

I have a lot to learn about horary astrology. I am going to copy and paste your answer. Yes, I somewhat tossing around ideas about futhering education or what school. So, indescion is corret.

As shown in the chart, this school may not be for me.

I find Horary fascinating. I love astrology and been into it off and on for about , forever LOL I can delienate a natal, do transits and progressions but Horary is confusing to me. I see Saturn as a good planet. I need to get Lilly's book.

Thanks again,
WhiteSage :)

Hi whitesage
Horary is confusing to me. I see Saturn as a good planet. I need to get Lilly's book.
Horary isn't difficult to learn especially, but a lot of students struggle unnecesarily if they don't have a solid grasp of basic traditional concepts.
And although it incorporates psychological understanding, it doesn't work with the same language as modern psychological astrology.

The article Saturn the Great Teacher, gives a good overview of its role in horary and traditional techniques. Although the positive, structuring influence of Saturn isn't denied, in practical application it will often describe weariness, depression or a sense of failure/inadequacy that justifies its recognition as the greater malefic.

Then you have to consider that although some planets are naturally more beneficial than others, each can become destructive if badly dignified and weak, or sometimes if they are excessively powerful. If you haven't read it already, the tutorial Understanding Planetary Dignity will also help.

Lilly's book is an essential for serious study, but it will be a lot easier for you if you read modern commentaries from advocates of Lilly's methods, so check through the list of horary links in the horary section.

My suggestion is to do as much as you can to prepare yourself for a committed study of horary before you sign up to pay for a course. Like I said, it's not hard, but people sometimes underestimate the mental turn-around that has to occur when new students move from modern methods to traditional techniques. Giving yourself some preparation will allow you to get a lot more out of any course you do decide to take.
I am not sure whether to use to outer planets or not.
One astrologer said yes, the other said no, just use William Lilly
Even the die-hard purists tend to include the outers, but most modern students need to give them a lot less emphasis than they do in natal work. The outers are not personal planets and in horary everything is filtered through the planets that offer personal signification. So whilst you don't need to rule out the outers, they only become significant when tightly tied into angles or the main significators. It doesn't do anyone any harm to spend some time concentrating purely on the seven traditional planets - you will be amazed at the importance that gets back to those seven planets when we rid ourselves of the tendency to over-emphasize the outers. This is one of the reasons why it helps to study Lilly and historical examples. Once you've corrected yourself of any bad habits from overuse of outers, you will start to realise when they do become important. Properly used, they can be very significant.