Moon in Via Combusta - Relationship Question

Hi,
Someone I know broke up with her significant other; she is at her wit's end. She asked me the question: "Will we get back together?"
Question recorded on may 31, 2004, 10:46 AM, 40N53, 73W58, EDT +4:00; 18 deg 17 minutes Leo ascendant.

Sun and Saturn are the main rulers. Both Sun and Saturn separating from Uranus in the 7th; Neptune on the descendant; Sun peregrine and Saturn in detriment, seems like a radical chart.

However, the Moon is coming to a trine with Saturn, but first it comes to a sextile with Jupiter, which is ruler of the 5th, and Jupiter itself comes to a sextile with Saturn. Can this be considered translation?

I re-read the article on Horary Love Charts; I see the following positives:
1) Trine between 1st and 7th
2) A form of translation between the same; Sextile between 1st and 5th, and then 5th coming to sextile with 7th.
3) Sun is applying to a conjunction with Venus
4) Moon and Saturn in water signs, indicating the matter is promising.
5) Both Saturn and Sun are in the dignities of Venus (triplicity and face). Saturn in mutual reception with Venus via triplicity.

So it would appear to me that they will get back together. But the detrimented status of the two main rulers and the translating planet, and the moon in the via combusta is throwing me off. It seems she will be disappointed and Venus conjunction with the Sun is confirming the same - she is blinded by him and will get burned from the reunion. It may be better if they just called it quits????

I was wondering if one of you might want to pitch in and tell me what you think...
Thanks!

However, the Moon is coming to a trine with Saturn, but first it comes to a sextile with Jupiter, which is ruler of the 5th, and Jupiter itself comes to a sextile with Saturn. Can this be considered translation?
Hi :)
No, this isn't an example of translation. In fact, it looks more like an example of Prohibition. Jupiter wants to apply to Saturn but the Moon gets to Jupiter first. If the planets had been essentially strong, and even better, if there had been some reception between them, then perhaps we might say that the Moon wouldn't spoil things. However, the Moon is terribly weak in this chart, and a weak Moon will rarely, if ever, bring perfection.
Besides, Jupiter isn't a significator in this chart, since the 5th house has nothing to do with the kind of serious partnership that this sounds like. Her sigs are the Sun, the Moon, and Venus; his are Saturn and the Sun.
I re-read the article on Horary Love Charts; I see the following positives:
1) Trine between 1st and 7th
2) A form of translation between the same; Sextile between 1st and 5th, and then 5th coming to sextile with 7th.
3) Sun is applying to a conjunction with Venus
4) Moon and Saturn in water signs, indicating the matter is promising.
5) Both Saturn and Sun are in the dignities of Venus (triplicity and face). Saturn in mutual reception with Venus via triplicity.
Taking the above points one at a time:

1) Both essentially weak, especially the Moon, and she conjoins the S.Node first, on the 4th cusp.
2) Not an example of translation.
3) Yes, a mutual application which perfects on June 8th. This *could* bring them back together briefly.
4) One in detriment and the other in fall. No reception between them, so it doesn't promise anything, imo.
5) This reception shows mutual respect and attraction. It doesn't promise success unless other testimonies concur.
So it would appear to me that they will get back together. But the detrimented status of the two main rulers and the translating planet, and the moon in the via combusta is throwing me off.
Yes that Moon is very weak, isn't it? Being in the Via Combusta, it suggests that emotions and desires are running far too high and she may not be thinking too objectively about the whole situation. I think they will meet and they may even attempt a reconcilliation, but I think it would be very difficult to make it work. The reception you mention in (5) may well show a mutual inclination and affection, but the sigs are too essentially weak and the presence of the S.Node on the 4th cusp (end of the matter) looks separative to me.

Just my 2 pence worth. Hope it helps...

Cheers...

Has anyone mentioned that Saturn is conjunct Mars? Being able to get back into a relationship isn't necessarily a good thing if the relationship is bad. :-?
The heavens are pretty lousy for relationship issues right now, with Venus combust and opposite Pluto.
________
MAZDA BIANTE HISTORY
Last edited by maxine on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pete, Maxine,
Thanks to both of you for your responses...
Jupiter wants to apply to Saturn but the Moon gets to Jupiter first.
Since Jupiter is ruler of the 5th, could it imply that someone else (romantic interest) "steals" the Moon's interest before she can get back with Saturn? Seems unlikely because she's all wrapped up in him right now.
Has anyone mentioned that Saturn is conjunct Mars?
Would this indicate anger and volatility from his side? The Moon trines Mars immediately after it trines Saturn, perhaps indicating the possible reunion will result in a lot of anger from both hurt parties.

Also, would you give any importance to the Moon's final aspect, which is an opposition to Mercury, ruler of her 11th? To me, this would appear that if she does reunite, she will face some major opposition from her friends. (Many of us think he's no good for her).

Thanks.