Retrograde Venus and buying a car

Hi everybody,

I am new to the forum. I have experience with astrology for 5-6 years, but I am still not an expert. Horary astrology is a new topic for me, but as I found it quite interesting I am learning it intensively fast few weeks and already have some good practicing results. I estimate this site and forum as the right support for studing horaries and I hope that I could also be of help to some of you.

Here I have also a general question.
I am going to buy a car - it would be second hand so I have to be careful.
Please give me your oppinions if it is really not a good time to buy a car while Venus is retrograde. I sure know that Mercury has to be direct when things concerns a car, but Venus also significates properties and things of value.
I do not feel like waiting still one month and a half, but if Venus is of of great imortance in this matter than I have to comply with it.
Thanks for some advice.
Geri

Hi there Geri...I always thought it was a bad time to buy a car when Mars was retrograde. I have since heard that Mercury retro. also not a good time...I suppose what with the paperwork and sales 'spiel' that goes hand in hand with purchasing a car, it is understandable.
Mind you, I think car salesmen have the 'gift of the gab' and caution is needed in this respect any time of the year.
I've never heard of Venus retro. being in the same league regarding cars......maybe others have. Gina.

Cars don?t fall under the natural signification of Venus and you are rarely going to find a time when some planet or other isn?t retrograde or otherwise afflicted, so I don?t think you should let this put you off looking. It?s a good idea to do your car buying at a time when you have good transits in your birth chart.

Barbara Watters in her book Horary Astrology and the Judgement of Events issues this warning on buying a car when Mars is retrograde:

It will be accident prone...chance of being seriously hurt. If not possible to struggle along with old car until Mars turns direct, then should rent one for the duration.
Its not that Mars rules cars, but that it rules accidents and injuries. Gina.

I am going to buy a car - it would be second hand so I have to be careful.
Please give me your oppinions if it is really not a good time to buy a car while Venus is retrograde. I sure know that Mercury has to be direct when things concerns a car, but Venus also significates properties and things of value.
I do not feel like waiting still one month and a half, but if Venus is of of great imortance in this matter than I have to comply with it.
Hi Geri - One of the interesting things we can do with Horary knowledge is give in to the temptation to avoid asking questions because the universe isn't at a stage that might give us the answers we want. I have a regular client with a smattering of astrological knowledgeand she phoned the other day to ask a question 'before Venus goes Retrograde'. I advised her that she was trying to manipulate the cosmos and that the question should only be asked when it was the right time at a gut level not at a preselected time. So, while we are aware of the state of the cosmos, we should not let this dictate or affect the asking of a question. If you ask a question about buying a car and Venus is Retrograde; as others have pointed out, Venus is not a natural significator of the car, but it may turn out to be a significator in another guise - maybe of you, maybe the seller, maybe the price, so would be significant to a greater or lesser degree in the 'story' of the chart. Venus is going to be Retrograde for 40 odd days - we should not avoid asking questions because of this but read the message that the chart gives us in a clear way, factoring in that we may or may not like the answer! Cheers LindaR :'

Hi Geri - I have a regular client with a smattering of astrological knowledgeand....'
?A little knowledge is a dangerous thing?
I know this only too well as it is one of my failings.

Thanks Deb and Linda for putting things into perspective regarding retro. planets. :)