Should I Resign?

Hi all :)

Anyone care to give a view on this question, asked by a friend of mine who is a teacher. (I can give more background info if required, but there's an awful lot of it, and once I start....!).

11.18 am BST
28 March 2004
Herne Bay, England
51N23, 01E08
(Asc 12Can33)

Cheers!
Ficina

Hi,
I took a stab at it; but before you read what I have to say, please keep in mind that I'm new at this; Deb and others here are the experts...Deb, please let me know how I did... :?
Based on what I see, the moon rules her and her job is ruled by Jupiter. Jupiter is in terrible shape, retrograde and just about to oppose the 10th house cusp. The last time I saw this (for a friend), he got laid off from his job. The moon in the 12th, maybe your friend was involved in some hidden activities that have come to light. Next aspect of the moon, trine with Uranus in the 9th; separation from something teaching related (you said she is a teacher); next aspect: conjunction with Saturn; ruler of the 7th, 8th, and 9th. I would say this conjuction is bringing about much mental anguish for her, possibly caused by the "other" party, her opponents or even a partner? Since Saturn's rulership goes into the 9th, maybe this partner is somehow related to where she teaches? Next aspect, square with the Sun, ruler of her 2nd, money, and located in the 10th: something negative comes to light related to her job and affects her financially? And then a sextile with Jupiter. But considering Jupiter is in such bad shape, I think it is more an easier manifestation of the troubles associated with her job.
To be perfectly honest, I think she may be asked to leave her position if she doesn't resign herself.
Is she involved in some kind of scandal?

Hi Taurus

Many thanks for taking the time to look at the chart and for your input. I agree with much of what you say. Before I can comment on some of your points, I shall have to check with my friend as to how much personal detail I can reveal. I'm sure she won't have a problem with it (she is an astrologer too), but it is only right and proper that I should get her agreement.

Re the Moon in 12th: rather than hidden activities and scandal on her part, I think it shows the state she is in. John Frawley describes it rather well with his "tiger in the tiger pit" analogy. I believe he was referring to Mars, but I think it is an excellent analogy for any planet essentially strong but accidentally weak - as is this Moon in Cancer. She is aware of her own strengths (particularly as a teacher) but is very unsure how to act - she feels trapped in this situation. It could also mean that there are issues that she is at present unaware of (as you say "hidden activities", but others' rather than hers). These may come to light when the Moon makes the aspects you mentioned, particularly the square to the Sun.

Interesting that you have Sun ruling 2nd. Another astrologer friend I spoke to also has this. I have it ruling 3rd. It will be a good test of house systems. Will the aspect relate to finances or a communication of some kind? With Moon ruling 2nd, I see this as the financial implications being very much a part of her decision. This really goes without saying of course. Resign from job = no money coming in! But, in her case, the financial side of things is more complex (more of this in another post, hopefully, after I have spoken to her).

As for Saturn, yes you are right, I think it shows her opponent(s), i.e. the authorities and also, possibly, her husband, who will certainly have a say in the matter.

Yes, Jupiter is in bad shape indeed, so although she likes her job, teaching, per se, this particular job is not much good to her. I think Jupiter could also show the boss (i.e. the head), who is not being supportive to her.

You are correct again when you say that, if she doesn't resign, she may be pushed. Interesting too that you have seen this in another chart. I worked out some timing on this, using the Moon's aspects as weeks. Trine Uranus in 3 weeks, conj Saturn 5 weeks, square Sun 6 weeks, and finally sextile Jupiter in 9 weeks. My conclusion from this was that the Sigs made an aspect so the answer was yes, she should resign but not until the end of May (9 weeks). However, in the meantime, other things were likely to happen which could throw more light on the matter and help her to make a decision. We shall see! I have asked her to keep me informed.

Thanks again. Hopefully I can fill in some more details here in the next day or two.

Ficina

Here's the chart.

I was wondering about the significance of Mercury, being the last planet that the Moon contacted (before it changed signs) and ruler of the 4th house where the significator of the job is placed. Mercury is placed in the 11th house but the ruler of the 11th is Mars on the 12th house cusp - a friend turned enemy?

Also, the Moon has just moved into Cancer, where it is essentially dignified although accidentally debilitated like you say. Has there recently been a major change for the querent or some situation that has put her into a more informed position?

Hi Deb :)

Many thanks for putting the chart up and for your observations, particularly regarding the Moon's last aspect, which I'd completely forgotten to look at!

I shall check back with my friend re the questions you have asked. She is away at the moment (school hols of course, duh!).

More soon.....

Hi all :)

Sorry for delay in coming back on this one. My friend has been very busy and also stressed out with the job!

The upshot is that she has informed the Head that she is intending to resign at the end of May. This fits in with the 9 weeks (9 degrees) indicated by the sigs perfecting the sextile. So I think we can call that a result :D She feels very relieved that she has made the decision and is now counting the days.

The additional financial implications I referred to concerned the fact that she and her husband are waiting to adopt kids. This could happen at any time and, if she is still in her job, she will be entitled to adoption leave - the equivalent of maternity leave with all the financial entitlements. That's why she is putting off her official resignation until the end of May (the last possible time she can do it in order to leave at the end of the academic year).

The friend turned enemy that Deb suggested must, I think, refer to the Head, who was an ally and then became very unhelpful and unsupportive. This is further borne out by the fact that the other two permanent teachers on the staff have also resigned, one of whom is the Deputy Head. It's possible that the Head may well have been in cahoots with the outside assessor (the hidden activities that Taurus7 referred to), who gave bad reports on the teachers - this being what motivated them to resign in the first place. This could be the change which Deb referred to.

Anyway, many thanks for the input. And, just for the record, this chart has no PHA :wink: