Hi,

Just received your PM (don't know why it came so late because its says that you sent it on Dec 6). And after I responded, it seems to stay in the outbox.

In the event that the respond did not reach you, my respond to you is:
Do with it as you deem fit. May it be useful and may you be enlightened!

Cheerio!

Old thread, but astrojin, if you happened to still log in, can you help me find the Predominator in my chart? I posted but still no one able to find it, so I need your help.

My chart is a daychart, my Sun in 9th, and my Moon in 12th, BOTH are cadent house.

The ruler of my Ascendant is the Moon and it also in 12th, cadent house too.

So all three, my Sun, Moon, my Ascendant ruler are ALL in cadent houses.

So what is my Predominator? Part of Fortune?

I would love to have my Sun as the predominator though, as the Sun has his Joy in 9th house.

How to find the Predominator, when the Sun (in 9th), Moon (in 12th), and Ascedant ruler (in 12th) are ALL in cadent houses?

Hello,

It is rather difficult to do this without the birth chart. As I mentioned elsewhere before, my approach (though it is based on Valens) is also personalized from my own findings and experience:

1. First and foremost, I find the predominator and oikodespotes only to see which of the big three (sun, moon or ascendant) has the greatest imprint on the native i.e. native's prime motivation and its fulfilment .

Although the concept of predominator and oikodespotes (Hellenistic astrology) is similar to hyleg and alchocoden in medieval astrology, I have a more rigorous approach for finding hyleg and alchocoden to predict life force. The hyleg could be one of five namely sun, moon, ascendant, lot of fortune or prenatal syzygy.

2. This one of the few instances where I apply the dynamic house system (not whole sign house system), Porphyry to be specific.

3. Once the predominator has been identified, it needs to be confirmed with the character of the native by looking the sign and house position of the predominator.

Assuming that you are using dynamic house system, and from whatever data you gave:

Day chart - start with sun - sun is taken as predominator if it is located in the 7th,9th, 10th or 11th house. 12th not included (cadent and in aversion), 8th not included (in aversion and house of idle and death), 9th is included because though cadent, it is the sun's house of Joy.

So, in your case Sun is predominator. This needs to confirmed with your life and character of the sign and house position of the Sun e.g. if your Sun is in Pisces, then you must be seen as having Piscean characteristics and lead a life that is described mostly of the ninth house. As an example, if Sun is in Pisces - a watery sign: your primary motivation is the need to have emotional security and if the oikodespotes (domicile, exalted or term ruler of the sun) aspect the sun, then there is direct fulfilment of your primary motivation. Of course a lot can be said also of Jupiter (domicile ruler of Pisces and exalted ruler of ascendant if Cancer is the ruler of ascendant)...

Cheerio!

My birth time is correct, and I have my birth certificate with the time written on it.

My chart is in this thread, pg. 1 is my traditional chart with 7 planets.
pg. 2 is chart with all 10 planets.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11731

That my thread if you can help find my predominate for me, I really appreciated it, seem like no one in that thread was able to find it neither.

Thank you Sir/Mrs astrojin.

btw, I will debate to death that my Ascendant is in NO position to be the Predomination. Why? Because the Ascedant ruler of my chart is in 12th house a CADENT house, the WORST cadent house of all the cadent houses, 12th house is the house of bad spirit and self-undoing. That Moon and (the moon) is my Ascendant ruler is in NO position to be the Predominator, not when it in 12th house of self-undoing.

(At least the 3rd house Moon find it Joy, but NOT Moon in 12th, period).

Now my Sun, I'm a Daychart, and my Sun is in Sect because it in 9th house ABOVE the horizon, and in the house of his Joy. Sure, 9th is a cadent house, but 9th and 5th TRINE to my 1st house, and 9th is where my Sun at his Joy house. So that alone should give this Sun in 9th house the upper hand than the Ascendant ruler in 12th.

I will put the Sun as my Predominator. But I need reassurance on this, so I need your help Sir.

Anyone here who read the book or have the book: Ancient Astrology in Theory and Practice: A Manual of Traditional Techniques, Volume II: Delineating Planetary Meaning. By Demetra George.

I believe it in Part Nine: Rulers of Nativity.

90. The Ultimate Rulers of the Chart: The Predominator, the Master of the Nativity, and the Lord of the Nativity,

I still need an answer to my question that I couldn't find the answer to, and I don't even think her book answer it.

My question: What if your Sun (in 9th) which is a cadent house. Your Moon (in 12th) which is a cadent house. Your Ascendant ruler (which is the moon, also in 12th) the worst of all the cadent house because 12th house is the house of Bad spirit and self-undoing.

At least that Sun is in 9th in the house of his Joy. I'm a Daychart, so shouldn't the Sun be the Predominator? Sure, it in a cadent house, BUT at least the Sun in it Joy in 9th house (just like the Moon in her Joy in 3rd house).

The Ascendant can't be the Predominator as the Ascendant ruler herself (the moon) is in 12th house of Bad spirit and self-undoing. When you the Ascendant, ruler are in the most worst house of all, 12th house then you not in a position to be the Predominator. And I sure as heck don't want a planet in 12th house to be my Predominator neither.

So what page in Mrs. Demetra George said about if Sun in 9th, Moon in 12th, and Ascendant ruler also in 12th. Then what is the Predominator then?

What do Demetra George said in her book? How can a professional astrologer wrote a book and not even have an answer to this question is beyond me. Yeah, there are people chart who has the Ascendant ruler in 12th. Then what is the Predominator then?

Hi,
fromChina wrote:My birth time is correct, and I have my birth certificate with the time written on it.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11731

That my thread if you can help find my predominate for me, I really appreciated it, seem like no one in that thread was able to find it neither.
Your sun still can be predominator or hyleg since he can sees his domicile ruler Jupiter and term ruler Mars. The 9th house not a bad place and not aversion to Ascendant.

About your Ascendant, if the domicile ruler is week , then the exaltation ruler Jupiter will play a more important role and take over Moon's position.

wdg wrote:Your sun still can be predominator or hyleg since he can sees his domicile ruler Jupiter and term ruler Mars. The 9th house not a bad place and not aversion to Ascendant.
Thank you Sir.

If it was up to me I have my Sun in 9th as my predominator. My Sun and Mercury in Mars bound though.
People make it seem like Sun in Pisces is so bad, I'm sorry but Sun in it fall and detriment is Libra and Aquarius, Not Pisces.

The Ship Owner--Master of the Nativity (oikodespotes) the Domicile Lord of the Sun, and that is my Jupiter in 7th house, this Jupiter in his own bound, so he should have a say.

Sail Master----Lord of the Nativity (kurios) Domicile lord of the 10th sign, that is Mars, because Mars is domicile in Scorpio and in 5th house his own house under the horizon, 5th house TRINE to 1st house Ascendant. And Mars rule my 10th house and MC.

I honestly don't want to put my Ascendant (the Moon), that Moon in 12th, one of the weakest cadent house that going AWAY from 1st house, 12th house is the house the Ascendant cannot see at all! And the ruler of that Moon is Mercury and Mercury is in it fall. So how can the Moon be the owner of my ship if it in a weak state like that?

That moon in 12th house cannot see 1st house, plus the ruler of the Moon is in it fall. If that moon drive my ship, it like driving in a blind fold state.

But that just me. I don't know what the software would say.

I do want to buy that Delphic Oracle Astrology Software, but now their site only accept Bitcoins as the form of payment, I only have Visa and Paypal, I have no way to buy the license.

I'm trying to get the "hermitics" report for my chart, and I don't have the software. The Hermitics report in that Delphic Oracle software will for sure list who the predominator and kurios is.

Do you happen to have that software Sir?

eta: and I don't have an exalted Jupiter, my Jupiter in capricorn (falling too), that Jupiter rule by Saturn, and Saturn in Scorpio, Mars in Scorpio.

My Jupiter (rule my Sun) is falling.
My Mercury (rule my Moon, and is the ruler of my Ascendant) is falling.
Moon (my Ascendant ruler) is in 12th house going AWAY from my 1st house. Plus the ruler of the Moon is Mercury and it falling as hell.
Venus? Well, Venus in 8th, the house that is aversion in 8th house, and Venus is not even domicile, and in Mars bound, this Venus is no way stronger than Mars.

I literally don't see any other planet in my chart that can has more power than Mars and Saturn. I have to give it to Mars though, as Mars is domicile and Saturn is in a Mars sign.

My chart is a mess tbh, everything is falling one way or another, I honestly see Mars and Saturn run my chart, and this is pretty bad because I'm a girl, not a boy, lol.

wdg wrote:I don't have the software too
Sir, is the Hyleg the same as the Predominator Sir?

Because I use this AstroFox 0.8. online software and plug in my birthday and it give me my Sun in 9th, I screenshot it below.

Hi fromChina,

Have you tried using the Planetdance software? It is free and once you've entered your chart,
checkout Horoscope->Classical->Ed Greek Horoscope.

Once that is open, right-click and select 'Data' from the menu,
there are a number of calculations there, including one for the Kurios.

Hope that will help you with your search.

Thank you Mrs. janegca,

I did and I don't agree with that Planetdance software result, because the software use general/standard cases to calculate, but my case it a bit complicated.

That Planetdance software has my Moon in 12th house as the Master of Nativity, I don't agree because I clearly read it in Mrs. Demetra George book: Ancient Astrology in Theory and Practice. A Manual of Traditional Techniques. Volume 2.
https://rubedo.press/ancient-astrology-volume-two

It clearly said in there in the book that any planet in 12th house CANNOT be the Predominator or the Master of Nativity.

Ancient astrologers agreed that the Master of Nativity cannot be a planet in the 12th house--it immediately disqualifies! As 12th house it the weakest house and it not strong enough to sustain or provide the vital force necessary to qualify a planet as a Predominator or Master of Nativity.

So I don't trust that Planetdance result, I go with Demetra book.