The falling Dollar

The US Dollar was noted at 4,9986 against the Norwegian kroner today. While the dollar is suffering, the Norwegian currency enjoys high oil prices. On Oct 26.2000 the USD was worth 9,60 NOK. Since then the relative value is almost half.

Today Norwegian newspapers report it is 28 years since the dollar was so weak against the kroner. 28 years? Does that ring a bell??
http://www.astronor.com

Re: The falling Dollar

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:Today Norwegian newspapers report it is 28 years since the dollar was so weak against the kroner. 28 years? Does that ring a bell??
I don't know, Uranus maybe? However, I'd be wary of applying planetary cycles in the situation. The decline of the US Dollar is permanent, not temporary, and it hasn't reached Supply & Demand equilibrium yet. It will drop further when China begins to purchase oil from Iran in Yuan (sometime between now and June 1), and OPEC quasi-members Angola, Algerian, Venezuela and Nigeria are pushing for basket currencies instead of the US Dollar. Russia has dumped 100% of its US Dollars, and the Netherlands, China and Vietnam are still dumping. I figure $1 = 0.42 Euros within 24 months.

It'd be nice to see a chart if anyone has one.

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:Uranus??? :lol: Saturn just representing a boarderline or point of reference, Yossarian.
I would just hate to think that Norway's financial success is tied to a Saturn Cycle, but I suppose it could be worse.
Andrew J. Bevan wrote: I agree we have not necessarily seen the end of the story yet.
Ah, yes, the casualty list of astrologers with failed predictions about a resurgent US$ is long, but distinguished. I noticed many of them don't understand economics, so I wonder how that affects their chart readings.

I don't have a chart for the US$, so I'm making my predictions based on Supply & Demand Equilibrium. The US no longer publishes the M3, which complicates things, but there's trade data available (with a 6-month lag time).

I'm looking at $1 = ?0.42 when the US$ stabilizes. At that point, those central banks dumping US$ have finished and those countries switching to basket currencies have done so, within 24 months or so.

First, thank you for your response! :)
I would just hate to think that Norway's financial success is tied to a Saturn Cycle, but I suppose it could be worse.
Wheels within wheels.

To make any currency comparison it has to be compared with another currency - and that makes any comparison relative. The comparative growth among nations may be relative and move in cycles. So the USD moving below 5,00 NOK is related in Norwegian newspapers as an important psychological level and suddenly everything that you can get from the US is listed as 'cheep'. (Getting into the country is another matter...)

Norway's present financial success is due to oil. But when the oil is gone, it's gone. Norwegians are not discovering a fat lot of new oil reservoirs. This is the dilemma of the future for Norway. There is not even a Saturn cycle to lean back on, although, we do have hydroelectric power. Historically, Norway has been a poor nation, making their money within shipping as a neutral during war. The Norwegain oil adventure would never had expanded to its present magnitude if it hadn't been for Iceland claiming expanded territorial rights to the sea resources surrounding national coastlines in the 70's [The codwar]. If this had not occured many oil resources may have come under other international claim and probably been British.

The question might be whether the Saturn cycle has any significance on the affairs of Norway as a nation, or the US, or whether any observation is merely casual. The Saturn cycle certainly appears to have an effect within the chart of Norway. Of casual interest, there has just past 28 years since the largest offshore catastrophe in the North-Sea, being the capsizing of the Alexander Kielland platform on March 27. 1980. I have previously written an article on this for the CAO TIMES, No 1., Vol.6, 1983. and will be posting an review on the catastrophe under the mundane section when I get round to it.

And although it is off-topic, on March 7. 1985 Saturn made a station at 28SC08 which is exactly exact opposite the MC of the chart of Norway at 28TA08. The following day the Kings' yacht "Norway", which was a gift from the poeple to the King, was in for repairs and caught fire due to a glow left over from welding work the previous day - when Saturn made its station.
Ah, yes, the casualty list of astrologers with failed predictions about a resurgent US$ is long, but distinguished. I noticed many of them don't understand economics, so I wonder how that affects their chart readings.
Yes, I have been into economics for over 20 years and would agree that astrology was of little practical value without the on-hand knowledge of the market in question. But the same applies to earthquakes. How could astrologers possibly be of use if not working along side seimologists. The fault is not entirely on part of the astrology, because we all know how other academic persuits have been turning a dead ear to our wish to contribute. However, much important work has been done and we seem to be moving forward. Please feel free to continue the dialogue. We might both have material of interest that could get an interesting discussion going.
http://www.astronor.com

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:To make any currency comparison it has to be compared with another currency - and that makes any comparison relative. The comparative growth among nations may be relative and move in cycles.
Yes, and I would say that historically and presently it's driven in part by technology. We saw that with better technology to build ships to increase range and cargo capacity, the Agricultural Revolution and the 3-field crop rotation, the introduction of the chronograph to tell time at sea, the Industrial Revolution and so on.
Andrew J. Bevan wrote:The question might be whether the Saturn cycle has any significance on the affairs of Norway as a nation, or the US, or whether any observation is merely casual. The Saturn cycle certainly appears to have an effect within the chart of Norway. Of casual interest, there has just past 28 years since the largest offshore catastrophe in the North-Sea, being the capsizing of the Alexander Kielland platform on March 27. 1980. I have previously written an article on this for the CAO TIMES, No 1., Vol.6, 1983. and will be posting an review on the catastrophe under the mundane section when I get round to it.
I too am concerned with the future of the Scandinavian countries. I never made it to Sweden or Finland, but I spent 30 days doing arctic warfare training in Norway, and about 2 months off and on in Aarhus and Veijle in Denmark. I always had a GMC "Jimmy" to drive around in and sample the local cuisine at the taverns and inns in the villages. I loved it, and no one ever gave me any grief. I was always of the opinion that they might be forced to form a political union of some sort outside of the EU to protect their interests, especially their economic interests.

I've never had the time, but I'd like to research the German Deutschmark. I think one could quite clearly see the signs of its death/transformation and use that as a benchmark to study other currencies. Surely, abandonment of a currency because of a country's political or economic demise or the adoption of a new currency is an indicator of what direction a country is moving toward.
Andrew J. Bevan wrote:Yes, I have been into economics for over 20 years and would agree that astrology was of little practical value without the on-hand knowledge of the market in question. But the same applies to earthquakes. How could astrologers possibly be of use if not working along side seimologists.
A house has numerous meanings and in predictive astrology when a house is active, it's necessary to know something about the native in order to rule out meanings that wouldn't apply and narrow the focus. It seems one would have to have fairly in depth knowledge of a discipline to apply it to astrology.

It's just a matter of an astrologer learning a discipline, developing a hypothesis, applying a technique, testing and evaluating that hypothesis to refine the technique so that it can be of value.