AP - Galileo will be crashing into Jupiter on 21/09/03

20 Sept 2003

Sandra:

Hello:
I was listening to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation show Quirks, with a leading astronomer stating that Galileo will be crashing into Jupiter tomorrow as a way of ending Galileo's flight. What are the astrological implications of this crash?
Thanks,
Sandra

----------------------

LindaR:

A few years ago there was great excitement when a comet or meteorite crashed on Jupiter and neither astrologically not astronomically were there any exciting results. Bit of a fizzer really. Most of the activity in outer space goes completely unnoticed by us lot here on earth, its just that we humans lay claim to ownership of things like Galileo because we built it, that there is any real interest. The 'scientific' paradigm under which the space craft is launched and crashes is a completely different one to the framework of allegory and metaphor that embodies astrology. Mind you, I can't help thinking of the symbolism of little ol'Mars changing direction in opposition to the big one.

---------------------

Sandra:

Hi Lulu:
Thanks for your reply. I am at sea, how does allegory and mythology work with astrology?
Very curious,
Sandra

-------------------------

Graelhaven:

the robot Gallileo could sit fairly comfortably on your desk, its size is really awefully small to make much of an impact on you astrologically speaking. However they are trying to keep it working its whole way to the surface of jupiter so Astronomically speaking we may learn new things about Jupiter, and wouldn't that be nice?

MIssB

-----------------------

LindaR:

Allegory and metaphor are all means by which Astrologers find meaning in symbols. Those symbols are fundamentally planets, signs, houses and aspect at the basis of astrology.

-------------------

I am amazed that the robot would sit on my desk or are you just joking?

I understand that astrologers find meaning in symbols, but how does a planet say Jupiter become a symbol of optimism and expansion?
Maybe you can start from the beginning of the symbol making or mythology process, perhaps step by step?

Thanks,
Sandra