I got one out of three correct, and maybe another half for saying Spurs might have the edge. Bolton did great to get a draw at Bayern, so I didn't really mind getting that one wrong :)

Laurie, to do the quote thing, you highlight and copy the text you want to quote, then paste it into your reply. Then highlight it again and click the Quote button at the top. You should then see [quote] at the beginning and end of the text. You can check to see if it's worked by clicking the Preview button at the bottom.

I got one out of three correct
I had two out of 6. The likeness of the Rosenborg chart to the Tottenham Hotspur chart did not give a similar result. Oh my.... John is probably right and the perfect system of astrology is limited in an imperfect world.

Thanks for explaining the quote system to me. I can be a bit dense at times :)

Re Rosenborg. Norwegian teams often stand strong under Scorpio. However, in my notes I have Trondheim ruled by Pisces, possibly Leo. Does that make any sense in terms of the outfall of the match?

In Norwegian history Trondheim served as the captial of Norway from 1030-1217 and has a been as Royal residence (Leo). Now it is probably most reknown for its Nidaros Cathedral (Pisces), which was founded in 1070 but first completed in 1320. Trondheim became the seat of the Arch Bishop in 1152.

And then we have its football team, Rosenborg. Rosenborg Football Club was founded in May 19. 1917 under the name 'Odd', taking its name from a football club in another district, Skien. The name was changed to Rosenborg Ballklubb in 1927. The word 'Borg' means 'Castle'. Rosenborg ~ Rose Castle.
http://www.astronor.com

The likeness of the Rosenborg chart to the Tottenham Hotspur chart did not give a similar result
I think you mean the Sporting/Roma chart - that's the one you mentioned earlier as being similar, where the result was a draw. The big difference is Jupiter (L7) in 7th for Spurs (using home team = Asc method). Last season I noted that a significator located in an angular house was key. It works best in 1st, 7th and 10th and also if it's in same sign as cusp.

I hadn't a clue how the quote system worked until someone explained it to me. I still don't know how to change Quote to (for example) Laurie said. Could someone please explain how to do this? It's really useful if you want to quote something from several posts ago.

sloppiness....

Yes, I meant Sporting - AS Roma. I am trying to do too many things in too short a time :(

I experimented a lot with home team=1st, and I never got any clear results, but in this case you may be right as it is the only difference.

I also experimented with colours, but I found that very unreliable. If only because of the many different colours the outfits of the visiting teams can have. And if we wait until we see them on the field, we are a bit late to predict, aren't we? And what about those games we cannot watch ourselves....

I have started to do bowls charts as well, mainly because I like watching bowls. It has a very relaxing effect on me :) I do surprisingly well with those. I think it is because there are not three possible outcomes, but only two. However today's games are harder to interpret.
The Foster-Thomson game, later this afternoon has Pluto just before MC.
Should be interesting to see who will win, because there are aboslutely no testimonies. Normally I would go for the default option: favourite wins, but now I just don't know. But I am extremely curious about the outcome.

Jupiter is creeping up on Pluto. In a couple of months there will be a conjunction. I wonder what this will do to the games where Jupiter is one of the significators :)

I am thoroughly enjoying myself. But I should be a bit more concentrated. Overly enthousiastic, I think.
Thanks for telling me.

Anyone think Juipiter conj. Pluto is good for Norway? Could it have something to do with Rosenborg, too? Norway stand a good chance of qualifying to the European Championships in Football this time round. We have even provided a first grade golfer on the womens side.
I have no idea. When I first started doing sports charts it was during 1994 WC and I used the charts of the countries involved. I would look at the solar returns, the lunar returns and even the mars returns. I soon gave it up; too much work and very little result.

But yes, there should be a connection. In 2004 when the Olympic games were in Greece and Greece was therefore very visible to the world, the Greek team also won the EC, against all odds. So there must be something in it. It depends on how much of the national pride is invested in a game, I think, so this works best for (semi)finals and such. But for those important games we have a wonderful tool in JF's book, so we don't need to do so much work. But if a relatively unimportant game is important for a nation, then I suppose it should be visible in the chart of that nation. Maybe a solar return with sun/mars on the MC or something like that.

I don't think any planet in contact with Pluto is good for that planet. So if Jupiter is important for Norway, I don't think that is so good, as a rule.
Where is this conjunction in the norwegian chart? That should give you a clue.
(I am sorry, I don't have the Norway chart, I think, so I cannot look myself).
Let us know what you find.

Laurie, I've often looked through my old charts from the point of view Asc=Fav, and in many cases it has worked by looking at the testimonies in a different way, but not in all cases. Same with Asc=Home team - doesn't always work. At the moment I'm sticking to home team method, except when game is played on neutral ground.

I agree with what you say re the colour method, and I know our colour experts here have experienced the problem of away team colours. The method comes into its own though when there's no clear fave. In last year's CL Final and our FA Cup Final, this was the case - absolutely no difference between the teams. But our Colour Queen, Goca, was spot on with her predictions using the colour method.
Jupiter is creeping up on Pluto. In a couple of months there will be a conjunction. I wonder what this will do to the games where Jupiter is one of the significators
Yes, that will be interesting to see. I have a personal interest in that conjunction too because it falls exactly on my Sun. I'm hoping for mega bucks on 11 December :lol:

Is anybody looking at the EPL games this weekend? I've had a look at the three on Saturday and will post them later.

In last year's CL Final and our FA Cup Final, this was the case - absolutely no difference between the teams. But our Colour Queen, Goca, was spot on with her predictions using the colour method.
That is very interesting. I will keep it in mind. The problem remains that there is no knowing beforehand what the colours will be, though... Oh well, nothing is perfect.

Jupiter as in affluence, Pluto as in life changing..., on your Sun? In what house? and Jupiter ruling what? Condition of ruler of the house they are in?
Questions....questions.... I need a chart to look at :)

What are EPL games? (Always looking for more charts to look at :) )

EPL = English Premier League :)

Moon is VOC for all three Saturday games.

Sunderland v Newcastle, 12.45pm GMT
Asc 23, 22 Cap

No clear fave. This is a local derby which Newcastle usually wins. However, we have ant PoF conj MC. It's in 9th so not sure if this works as well as just inside 10th? If it works, then Sunderland win. Otherwise a draw because no other testimonies.

Derby v West Ham, 3pm GMT
Asc 7,25 Aries

West Ham are marginal faves. One weak testimony for West Ham, Moon trine ant Venus. Mars is very slow. Possibly a draw, but more likely a win for West Ham.

Liverpool v Fulham, 5.15pm GMT
Asc 9,48 Gem

Liverpool odds-on faves. Jupiter (L7) in 7th might be enough for Fulham to get a draw but I doubt it. Win for Liverpool.

Laurie, since my chart isn't relevant on a footie thread, I'll email you privately :sg

I can't believe what's just happened. Villa have beaten Birmingham 2-1, when the chart showed a clear win for Birmingham. I even put money on this because I felt so sure. My first bet of the season :-cry It makes me feel like giving up.....