Hanging?

Greetings, perhaps this is a bit macabre a subject, but I read that the Iraq courts were declaring SaddamHussein will hang within 30 days... I believe somewhere on the sight we have his birth data and I was wondering if we could compare to current transits?

wondering if he might suicide? I doubt it but something I'd want to look for, and if it will actually take place or be transmuted or? there is some law there in Iraq that you can't hang a person over a certain age and Saddam reaches that age on his next Birthday. I keep thinking he's an early taurus? like April 20-22 but I can't recall. Anyone else interested in discussing this odd topic?

It is not very PC I'm certain, but it is something that I'd like to see if it shows in any of his personal charts at all?

thanks for your patience, Granny

some interesting notes:

date of birth is listed as 28 April 1937, However, if that is true, its because saddam's mother told him the date, because he was born in the hills near Tikrit to a shepherd and not recorded as far as anyone can tell. Hisfather disappeared about 6 months before his birth, and his Brother who was 13 died about the same time, 6 months before his birth of cancer... If you take 28 April 1937 as his actual birthdate, and use a noon chart, Saturn occupies the 8th house which a piscean Jupiter rules. Jupiter in 6th... family stories according to Lois Roddin site suggest after midnight but in the early hours of the 28th... so some interesting data. other people suggest a february birth. the country however celebrated his birth 28 april so it is probably likely to be on or near that date. any further information would be interesting I think. I think I'll check the ingress for Baghdad.

Granny

Granny, it must be something about Christmas, that makes us want to examine death and crime!

Have you read Bernadette Brady's article The King stands alone...? - it's in the November 2006 edition of the excellent Visual Astrology newsletter:
http://www.zyntara.com/van_Nov2006/VAN_November2006.htm
She notes that the only other time in the past 1000 years there's been a "solitary king" near the stars of Leo was in October-November 1946, when Hermann Goering and eleven other Nazis were sentenced to death - by hanging.

Others have suggested that Saturn also represents President Bush, very isolated indeed after the US senate & congessional elections last month.

Yes I have I've also noted Mexico has been very near civil war, and both Thailand and Fijii have suffered Coups, as well as Somalia on verge... there are some definate changes in the air.. I think... Granny

see if it shows in any of his personal charts
His and/or his lookalikes' charts? (See e.g. http://www.vialls.com/subliminalsuggest ... mscam.html). At this stage it does not seem overly important whether it is the real one, a body double, a vague lookalike or a monkey - or whether someone is actually executed or there is just a press announcement to the effect. But given that Oliver Cromwell was so hated by royalists after the English civil war that some people took the trouble to disinter his corpse and hang it, the announcement scenario would at least indicate some sort of progress is being made.

Saddam Hussein is known to have a few doubles so it would beinteresting to see if it was the real one, which would need an objective DNA test (hey he has dead and living kids to compare with) And a tale of two cities in reverse does come to mind. AS much as I find him an objectionable being, so many of the people of Iraq have suffered so much, more Sunni/Shiite violence does concern me...

now asside from all that... the astrology of it. they are thinking a january 30 hanging. I wonder what that does for the state of Iraq? I believe we have a baghdad birthchart somewhere dont we? it might be interesting to compare with that?

I had a ferdinand flashback kind of moment when I read about it, that is why I"m a bit concerned with it. I have Tolkien chants ringing in my ear... The earth has been bathed in enough blood, time to heal, well I hink so anyway...

Granny

Greetings From Germany

He's dead. The DNA tests were done when he was captured three years ago. It was him. Conspiracy theories will always be with us regardless of lack of substance.

Tom

horary chart for saddam's hanging

Hey everyone, i wanted to put in my two cents, with this chart i made for the event in question. News reports place the hanging at 6 am in bagdad, so i have done a chart on astrodienst.
I am no professional astrologer but i have done a lot of reading and i thought that juno right up next to the midhaven (however not conjunct) and mars conjunct the rising sign, sag. saturn is retro in the 8th house.
My quick evaluation is that this is only part of a series of revenge and trouble, and NOT closure.
Any input from you guys?
And yes, it is a macabre subject, but useful to learn from as well i suppose.

I was to hang him, not that he doesn't deserve it, but I have some concerns that the mideast might just set asside their differences long enough to make world war III an actuality.

Saudi has been a left handed ally for years, I'm concerend that it might become open enemies... oh well

as for the chart...
The Ascendent I get is 22 Sag 09 - Aligned wit Ras AlHague - the Snake Charmer (Ann Wright) Rising: When Ophiuchus, encircled by the serpent's great coils, rises he renders the forms of snakes innocuous to those born under him. They will receive snakes into the folds of their flowing robes, and will exchange kisses with these poisonous monsters and suffer no harm (snake charmers). (Manilus).

IC aligned with Algenib - wing tip of Pegasas - the fall of the abitious?

Ann Wright -The constellation portends events concerning ships and the ocean and also changes in the weather. In medieval times it was said to indicate vain individuals with a great deal of ambition, but with very poor judgment. (Noonan).

the star - General influence of the star: It gives notoriety, dishonor, violence, misfortune, and denotes the naked and poor professional beggar. (Robson).

the DSC is Tightly aligned with Al Phact at 22 Gem 10 - Ann wright "The Bringers of good news". A number of Egyptian temples were oriented to it, all these to the god Amen. (Allen).

Saturn alone in the 8th house (PoF for this chart is 19 Leo, so within 5 degrees of Saturn) Trine Pluto who is aligned with the galactic Center.

Jupiter coming to align with Anteres, which is associated with the Lightning struck tower (Ann Wright) when aligned with Jupiter seems to produce great religious zeal, hypocracy and benefits through relatives...

If indeed 28 April 1937 is his date of Birth then,

his natal saturn is 0 Aries
natal venus at 21 Aries is trine transiting Pluto and Transiting Saturn.

Natal Sun and Uranus trine Transiting sun, aligned with Adhil, part of Andromeda, interestingly ann wright says this about the risning of this star rising - (sun and rising alignment are usually ver similar) Rising: The man whose birth coincides with the rising of Andromeda from the sea will prove merciless, a dispenser of punishment, a warder of dungeon dire; he will stand arrogantly by while the mothers of wretched prisoners lie prostrate on his threshold, and the fathers wait all night to catch the last kisses of their sons and receive into their inmost being the dying breath. From the same constellation comes the figure of the executioner, ready to take money for a speedy death and the rites of a funeral pyre, for him execution means profit, and oft will he bare his axe; in short, he is a man who could have looked unmoved on Andromeda herself fettered to the rock. Governor of the imprisoned he occasionally becomes a fellow convict, chained to criminals so as to save them for execution. (Manilius Astronomica).

Natal mars would be 4 Sag Sextile transiting Chiron, semi sextile Mercury,

Natal Murcury is 24 Tau, with it being earlier part of the century even closer to algol. and Saturn is Square that point.

natal jupiter is 27 Cap

Well a great deal of food for thought, thank you for posting the time I hadn't been able to find it.

Granny

I have a terrific chart amoung my client files somewhere.

Off the top of my head it involves a mutual reception between Mars and Saturn by exaltation who exchange between the 2nd & 5th house. (money, entertainment, recreation)

The calamities of the 10th house involving Algol caused me to say to my client: "Look here, I can see all this money in your chart but if this was the 16th century I would say you were hanging people".

The guy turned round and looked at me and said: "That's great! My friend and I are presently making about ? 20.000 a week and we are travelling the country and arrange bungy-jumping"

They were hanging people for sure!
http://www.astronor.com

That is very impressive, Andrew. A great story. I'll bet your client was impressed. Of course, you could not get me to bungy jump, even if they offered me that ?20,000.