Longivity of Horary Chart

Dear Members,

Please advise me. Suppose a person asks the question when will I
marry and gives a number between 1 and 249. Suppose the chart
indicates that marriage is not promised. Should it be taken that the
native will never marry? or in other words for how long the validity
of the horary chart lasts?

Mark

Hi Mark, I don't understand what you mean by 'between 1 and 249' ... is this a time period?

I would be very reluctant to use the word 'never', especially pertaining to something in life over which an individual has a good amount of control, like marrying (in some cultures, that is). Is the person asking 'when will I marry?' already seeing someone? That would lead to a clearer answer in a chart than if the person is not currently seeing anyone or has anyone in mind to marry; that would more likely lead to a 'no' answer; the chart can't necessarily answer the question 'when' if there is no 'who'.

I believe the general consensus is that a chart's answer holds for a few months or so; people change, circumstances change, so charts are seldom written in stone.

Length of time horary is good

I always advise people not to ask questions such as "will I ever marry" because I do believe people have free will -- at least up to point. However, there are those people who will never marry for one reason or another, and I think a chart reflecting that is valid.

The problem with a person asking this question and getting a "no" answer is that it may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. In other words, believing they will never marry, the querent simply stops dating or even looking at potential suitors. (For this same reason, I would also not want to answer a question from a newly-wed about whether her marriage will last. Because again, if the answer is "no" she's unlikely to put much effort into saving it when things go wrong as they almost inevitably do in any marriage. Now, if she and her husband are already experiencing long-standing difficulties and she wants to know if he will leave her, that's another story.)

I think it's better to advise the client to put a time limit on the question: i.e., "Will I get married in the next two years?"

Lilly makes the follow comments about the question "whether a man shall marry":
If the Moon behold the Sun or Venus by a good aspect, or the Lord of the Ascendant be in the 7th, or the Lord of the 7th in the Ascendant, or either of them behold other with a good aspect, it signifieth Marriage to the Querent.
I observe, if the Significators be in Prolificall Signes, or Dignities of Venus, the party enquiring doth marry. --- William Lilly
It appears that Lilly has in mind a question about marriage to a specific person rather than the general question of whether the man shall ever marry.

Longivity of Horary chart!

Hello Voyagegirl,

I think, that your FREE WILL is totally wrong in the case, as marriage is.

Marriage, illness, children, job and many other things have nothing to do with FREE WILL. There is time, when you depend from DESTINY.

I was in one foreign country, 2004 and about 15 days I had only 10 euros in my money pocket. As I had to drink every morning coffee with lemon, I had to find very cheap restaurant, to get this coffee.
It is true, that I had to sleep and to eat. But this is my medicine, and was no coffee there, where I had bed and food.

So you see, when you come in different and very difficult situations, as I did in last three years, you have to forget FREE WILL.

loara29
"If you LOVE someone tell him or her, for you never know what tomorrow may have in store"

I have a few more thoughts on asking questions related to this ...

"Where should I be looking for the right person for me?"

"When will the time be right for me to meet someone?"

"Am I going to meet my romantic partner within..3-6 months?"

etc. I think if you ask the universe "will I ever marry?" its general response is "dont ask me stupid questions" "or Dont ask me this kind of question when you are obviously so disillusioned and upset."

and when a person is in that state, a more proper question might be "what should I be doing differently or learning in order to bring the right person into my life?" because something is generally out of whack when you are asking that question. Like maybe you never leave the house... kinda makes it hard to meet someone. ;-)

okay weird answer I admit. but it speaks to me. Granny

Hi Tony,

You quote Lilly saying,
If the Lord of the Ascendant be in the 7th ... it signifieth Marriage to the Querent.
I was taught by Deb that this condition means rather that the querent is very interested in the other person, that, in and of itself, it is not an indication of marriage.

I recently did a horary in which this condition was met but there was no aspect between L.1 and L.7, nor did the moon translate their light, so I told the querent there are no indications that this relationship will lead to marriage.

Did I miss something here?
Last edited by Tara on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Longivity of Horary chart!

loara29 wrote:Hello Voyagegirl,

I think, that your FREE WILL is totally wrong in the case, as marriage is.

Marriage, illness, children, job and many other things have nothing to do with FREE WILL. There is time, when you depend from DESTINY.

I was in one foreign country, 2004 and about 15 days I had only 10 euros in my money pocket. As I had to drink every morning coffee with lemon, I had to find very cheap restaurant, to get this coffee.
It is true, that I had to sleep and to eat. But this is my medicine, and was no coffee there, where I had bed and food.

So you see, when you come in different and very difficult situations, as I did in last three years, you have to forget FREE WILL.

loara29
I'm sure there are cultures in which people DO not have a say as to whom they will marry or if they will marry. But here, in the United States, people generally do have a say about this. The problem is, sometimes circumstances do not occur to bring this possibility about. For example, let's say you're engaged to your lover and your lover is killed a car accident. Heartbroken, you never go on another date and so you never marry again. Or you do go out on several dates, and even fall in love again but your new lover doesn't want to get married.

So the bottom line is we do have free will, but sometimes we can't exercise it.
Voyagergirl

Longivity of Horary chart?

Hello granny_scott, hello voyagegirl.

It is good, that you tell us, how to post Horary Question.

What you are talking, when somebody doesn't leave the house, that he or she will never meet partner, it is again big question.

Some people is going out, and don't find partner either. Maybe, they don't go to the right place, maybe they want something special and is difficult to find it. Somebody has to go to abroad, to find partner for life.
Somebody has such a Birth Chart, that is its Destiny, not to marry at all.

I had many chances in my life, but didn't marry. First of all, with 25 years, I didn't get papers for USA, where my fiance has lived.
That is one reason. In that time, I have got help for my chronic pains from one German Neurologist. That means, after 9 years of pains I had to meet this doctor, I had to meet this man from CA. After him, I had to meet my husband from Past life. And after him, more other men. All that happened in abroad (ruler of my 5th is in 9th).

When I came back to my country, I was dead. Like a Zombi!

Many years later I have started to study Astrology, not because of men (the best were over), but because my chronic pains came back. I have seen, that my health houses are bad aspected (ruler of 6th and 12th change position, and make opposition to each other); my 7th house is ruled by Mars in 10th in square to the Sun in 7th. This people doesn't marry. Maybe yes, but after two years, they are divorced.

There are many women asked, why they didn't marry? Their answer is: they didn't meet right man. That's it! You can walk around as much as you can, but if your Destiny is to be alone, you will be alone!

About Destiny told me first time father from my school girlfriend, I was about 10 years old. He was in the Second World War and he knew, what means Destiny. He looked in my Palm and told me, I will have very complicated life. He was right!

Birth Chart is some kind of Destiny. That is my opinion. You can't change it.

loara29
"If you LOVE someone tell him or her, for you never know what tomorrow may have in store"

I was taught by Deb that this condition means rather that the querent is very interested in the other person, that, in and of itself, it is not an indication of marriage.
Hi Alanna,

I don't think you missed anything. Without seeing the chart it sounds as if your interpretation was quite correct. Lilly has lots of these aphorisms that have to be taken within the context of the whole chart. I see them as pointers to look out for in a chart more than hard and fast rules. He says something along the lines that if the lord of the 7th is in the ascendant or in aspect with the lord of the ascendant then his offer will be willingly accepted and when the ascendant is in the 7th or in aspect with the lord of the 7th then the querent will achieve the marriage through his own labours. But I don't believe that Lilly meant it to be that simple. I don't believe that the lord of the 7th being in the ascendant or vice versa is enough to effect marriage and you were right to look for aspects or translation of light.

And there are very few astrologers who know Lilly as well as Deb does so you are very fortunate to have studied with her. I am sure you know that though as does anyone who has been so lucky.

the original question

Divide by 4, unless, of course, the wind is from the southeast.

Am I missing something?
Coming back to the use of numbers 1-249. Similar methods is used in Eastern horary astrology to delineate another relevant ascendant..Usually 1-108, and the number is then divided by 9.So ,if someone says 101 as the chosen random number then 101/9 gives 11 and remainedr 2.So, the ascendant is taken as 11 completed signs hence -pisces, and two completed Navamshas of 3deg 20 min each. So, the ascendant then is Pisces 6deg40-10deg.
You will find this method in "Prashna Marga" or "Jinendramala".

The number could also be ascertained by the number of rice grains or cowries picked.

The idea of 1-249 comes from Krishnamurti Paddhati of horary astrology.

PD