Global financial markets set for a fall in early October ?

As a newly appointed moderator for the Sports and Speculation section, I would like to kick off with an entry on Financial Astrology and taking a stake on what I am looking for in the immediate future on International Equity Markets and why. Today is September 30. 2006 and in the immediate future I am looking for a sharp a sudden correction that will bring the markets off their present peeks. This article tells you why: If you look beyond the window dressing and ?manipulated? spurt that stock so often occurs at the end of a financial quarter, performed to make companies look better on paper, a ?technical? argument of a coming drawback to the US market would be that markets, in their nature, tend to test previous highs and then recede to work out what actually is going on and what it can be bothered to do as a next step. That is exactly where the US market is at this moment and anyone into stocks and shares know how fluctuations in the US financial market influences market sentiment on a world wide scale. There are strong astrological and cyclical indications that these markets are coming down in the short run.

I started my studies of financial astrology in May 1987 and have been updating files on international indices on an everyday basis ever since. October 1987 is, of course, the time of one of the most dramatic stockmarket crashes in modern history. I was studying Al H. Morrisons new asteroids at that time and would not let this opportunity pass without mentioning some striking coincidences that were observed. When the asteroid Icarus conjunct the Sun in May and September Norwegian equities were sent for a spin by rallies that took them far to high than healthy for an estimate of real value. Icarus, as readers will recall, constructed wings to escape imprisonment but disaster struck when he ventured too close to the Sun and his wings melted. Then on October 19th, ?Bloody Monday?, another of Morrison?s contemporary asteroids, Toro, was exactly conjunct the heart of the Sun. Equity movements on this day resembled the actual scenes of a Bull fight. The market responded as if hit by a bull gone wild and a situation completely out of control. Markets plunged as investors panicked. By the end of the day the Bull?s were at a sore loss.

Now that?s asteroids. We won?t get more into them now. There is always something more significant describing the large picture, namely eclipses!

Eclipses with often indicate important turning points to the market but not always to the exact date. My experience is that some eclipses appear more significant than others ? and for some odd reason it could be that the annual eclipses are well worth noting. Annual eclipses are would-be total eclipses, but the Moon is so close to apogee and so remote the Earth that is doesn?t appear large enough to totally cover up the Sun. The point of totality does not strike the Earths surface but is somewhere there up above the Earths atmosphere. If you are located directly below an annual eclipse at maximum and weather conditions allow, you will be able to observe Bailey?s beads which is the outer remaining ring of the Solar surface that the Moon fails to cover.

Take a note of at which of the lunar nodes the eclipse is occurring, because the Southern nodes are most likely to push markets down, and eclipses at the Northern node are most likely to show to a rise. The truth is more complex but take a note of it and try to work out where the markets are in their present campaign, close to a top or a bottom.

Another important indication could be any lunation occurring in the last degree of any sign, since this can coincide with the market coming to the end of its rope. In the same way any planet changing sign may be the casual significant indicator of a change of sentiment as the market comes toward the end of a longer movement.

On September 23rd 1987 there was an annual eclipse at the Moons Southern node in the 30th degree of Virgo!! This eclipse bears all of the criteria mentioned above. Ruled by Mercury, it was on Friday, October 16th, when Mercury made its 1st station and went retrograde in the 14th degree of Scorpio that the markets broke and entered into panic mode.

We are getting to the important issues, but before I put it all together, the transit of Mars must be mentioned. Mars was transiting Libra in October 87 and on many occasions I have noted that when Mars? transit Libra the balance in the market toppled and equity values were severely cut. The effect is not absolute, but generally speaking it?s a warning worth observing.

Now the interval from 1987 to 2006 is a Metonic Cycle. That is a 19year cycle that causes new moons to occur in the same degree, or close to, the very same position that they had 19 years earlier. So on September 22nd 2006 there is again a New Moon in the 30th degree of Virgo, that coincidentally also happens to be an annual eclipse just like in 1987. Mercury, the ruler of the eclipse, makes his 1st station in Scorpio on October 28th. However, the transit of Mars through the sign of Libra is from September 8th through to October 23rd. So as far as Mercury is concerned I think its signification might be kick in as early as Monday, October 2nd as the planet enters Scorpio.

The Norwegian stockmarket , that largely is composed of oilrelated companies, is a little bit ahead of international indices in the anticipated downward drive. The Norwegian benchmark, OSEBX, made its most recent high on September 6th 2006 which is one day ahead of the lunar eclipse of September 7th that accompanies the solar eclipse of September 22nd. I have several times observed the markets turn on the full moon or lunar eclipse that accompanies the solar eclipse, whether occurring before or after. From September 6th to September 25th the Norwegian benchmark fell by 11,6%. Last week oilstocks were on the rise again but I believe this may be labelled as a corrective move up, and it is this initial fall I expect to extend when international markets come into line and join in the travel south. The Norwegian stockmarket made its All Time High on May 11th 2006. In terms of synodic months there are 4 lunations from the All Time High in May to the lower top on September 6th. The synodic month of the Moon is highly significant when tracking stockmarket movements.

Now if you want to make either a career or a fortune out of combining astrology with financial analysis there are many facts to be considered. You might want to combine your practice with an understanding of technical analysis. Planetary cycles will help you map the collective psychology that drives the flock of sheep in both long or short perspectives and will leads to an understanding of price fluctuations, but don?t loose your head in the stars. Never loose view of what actually is going on in the market. No matter what you do, we are always down to the arts. In the financial markets investors often lean toward the use of technical analysis but anyone in that field knows it?s mearly a tool for interpreting market fluctuations and certainly doesn?t qualify as an exact science. But neither does much else and even the practice of medicine is an art when it comes down to it.

Stockmarkets are likely to take a tumble in early October. The occasion seems ripe and constellations compare with those conditions present in autumn of 1987. That?s my expectation for the market action, anyhow, so let us just keep our eyes on how things work out!

Hi Andrew,

I'm not an expert in financial astrology but I do remember Christeen Skinner saying that when Venus or Mars enter Scorpio the markets go down. It will be interesting to see what happens on 23/24 October!

Cheers,
Ficina

Also dow recently hit a new high, which is usually followed by some big lows,(I've sortta been following this last year or so, since it is such an odd phenomena to me) so interesting flow. would you expect the market to hit this low when the moon conj with the last eclipse at 29 Virgo? I think that is around the 20th? or some other marker? perhaps the opposing mark of 29 Pisces? near the 6/7th, so shortly?
I freely admit to knowing nothing about this type of astrology, though I think I shall have to try to follow this a bit. might actually learn something new. =)

Granny.

Mars, Venus, Scorpio and what's next for the market

Unfortunately, my experience with financial astrology would suggest that no reliable drop to the market can be forcast upon the entry of either Venus or Mars into Scorpio. It could be that different astrologers are monitoring different ends of the market but to me, financial astrology just doesn't seem to work that easy. On the other hand I perfectly agree that the motions Venus and Mars interact with the market stirr. The Venus' orbit is 0,615 AU distant from the Sun, which is easily recognized as being equal to a golden section of 0,618. Then Mars uses about 687 days or 1,88years to complete an orbit of the Sun, so which causes the Mars transit to reoccur with some recognizable progression every second year. I do have more material in the area - and maybe I'll let it out as we go along but there is certainly is room for a lot more research in this area.

The DJIA has been attempting to make a new All Time High the last couple of days but although it has reached 11741.99 and been higher than its All Time High Close, the market hasn't actually succeeded in beating the old intraday high which was 11750.30 on January 14th 2000. The market has acheived what is called a 100% retracement but the fact that they didn't manage a new All Time High may really get the Americans down when the market goes on sale.

From here the market will backtrack but before we decide how long the movement will take and how far it will go, the first thing to do is to let this Baby get rolling. Stockmarket falls are by rule more rapid and intense their rally fellowmates but movements never go in a straight line and the market tends to need more time and make more complex movements getting there. Our first expectations towards the Dow are compared with the 10% rize since the low on July 18th this year and which lasted for 73 days (2,5 synodic months of 29,53 days). One month could do considerable damage, but even when an intermediate low is met and markets are one the way up again, this initial low could prove to be just the first wave down of a larger structure towards the downside. These are things we will be looking for. But to repeat the point made in the opening entry it seems as if the tension and downturn of the market is triggered by an alteration in the state of the ruler of the solar eclipse. Mercury entered Scorpio today on Oct 2. Markets took a sour turn after positive openings - and things are likely to get worse as Mercury passes over the degree of exaltation of the Moons southern node at 3 degrees of Scorpio.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for such a great, informative post. I printed it out this morning and read through it with my morning tea :)

You wrote:
So as far as Mercury is concerned I think its signification might be kick in as early as Monday, October 2nd as the planet enters Scorpio

Stockmarkets are likely to take a tumble in early October.
I find this very interesting in relation to the way that yesterday (Oct 2nd) is being referred to as ?Black Monday? for the companies that lost billions in the value of shares connected to internet gambling.
LONDON, Oct. 2 ? On a Black Monday for the online-gambling industry, companies that operate Internet betting sites and payment systems lost billions of dollars in market value after the United States government moved to criminalize the processing of online wagers.

See New York Times
The story was on the main news last night and as I heard it my instictive thought was ?oh, I wish I was selling ??!

I made my living as a ?market trader? during 2000, with practically no knowledge or understanding of money markets, only relying on my belief that lunar transits reflect periods of collective fear and panic ? which they most certainly do! I still have very little understanding of money markets ? I traded FTSE futures, just buying or selling within the open and close of the market and focusing on the periods where I predicted high tension and the sort of panic that creates rapid fluctuation, (protecting myself against heavy losses with a stop, but letting gains go much further). I did quite well ? made a modest living out of it, which is actually a very successful result for someone who doesn?t understand financial issues and had a proclivity to think ?sell? but say ?buy? ? can?t tell you the number of times the broker had to play back the tape to me, to prove that I, not they, had made the mistake!

I stopped trading after 9 months because I couldn?t stand the tension of that sort of lifestyle (daily activity involved staring at a green line, willing it to go downwards, and panicking every time it rose :) ) I tended to sell because I had more confidence in the power of fear over optimism in regard to the kind of sudden alterations I was working with. I can bluff my way into good company with my knowledge of trading on FTSE futures, but ask me anything outside of that I don?t have a clue. So I am very grateful for the way you explain your reasoning because I keep that interest in how astrological cycles are reflective, not just of economic cycles, but the human emotions and collective responses that drive them.

What you say about not resting on astrology too heavily is very good advice and my experience would make me reluctant to encourage anyone to dabble about with this. I?d been advising a client on astrological trends and how they might affect daily trades for about 6 months before I decided to invest some money into it myself. I had done exceptionally well for him, and he was the one who explained how he traded and how I could do it for myself. He could never understand how I could know so much that benefited him and not be using the information for myself. I continued to advise him as I was trading myself, but he used my information much more profitably than I did ? because he didn?t panic like I did, he had a whole lot more experience of the markets generally, a much greater capacity to hold his ground through minor dips ? and he had mastered the art of saying either ?buy? or ?sell? correctly :) But at the end of this, I learned a tremendous amount about the power of transits at a collective level, and I?ve since believed that if anyone wants to prove astrology at a universal rather than individual level, the comparison of transits and market shifts is a great area to work in.

My ?risky investments? now extend to no more than my annual fiver on the Grand National, but I know I am going to enjoy reading your posts. The Gambling industry has already borne out the validity of what you were saying, but it will be worth watching whether it contributes to the kind of market-nervousness that could contribute towards a more global downturn.

More on financial astrology

That is a great letter, Deborah! Thanks. I felt bad after hammering down on Venus and Mars' entry into Scorpio as suggested by C.Skinner but it was meant more as a down to Earth warning because would be terrible if someone lost money on drawing the wrong conclusions. I don't feel it is possible to conjour the markets with knowledge of astrology alone. If you don't know the trade you will probably loose money because either the your broker plays you out or you get lost in the psychology of the market. However, it is a terrific place for learning the price of being either right or wrong. It's all fact and figures.

Now as the discussion unfolds anyone who is inspired should feel free to contribute with any ideas that they have got on the subject. I was talking to a broker the other day who was observing the market tops and bottoms that occur around the new and full moon. It's not that the tops and bottoms particularly occur at the new and full moon, but the market respons and action often tends to get carried away and overreact on these lunations.

Oh yes - the market is such a nervous creature, but you don't get to see just how nervously it reacts if you only look at opening and closing figures. Things can go wild but then they can balance again very quickly, making it look like nothing much is happening whereas a lot of fortunes have been made or lost. I found Full Moon's more powerful than New Moon's for bringing these very strong reactions, but it could come out for just a few moments when a critical planet became angular. I see the FTSE has fallen today which is what I would have expected with the Moon opposing Saturn. Live trading really solidified my respect for void of course Moon periods, but it also gave me an added respect for the outer planets - Neptune and Uranus in particular. Neptune gave that sense of noboby quite knows what to do or where the market will turn, and Uranus was often the key planet for the overblown, nervous reaction that later stabilised quite quickly.

Today is September 30. 2006 and in the immediate future I am looking for a sharp a sudden correction that will bring the markets off their present peeks.
Thank you for your interesting article.
But since I have no experience in this field, and being a Taurean with most planets in earth (Sun/Saturn/Pluto grand trine in earth), I would naturally take what you say with a grain of salt and proceed cautiously. :D
Having said this, let me add that I reside in America and I must admit the DJ average appears to be at an artificially high peak at this time. I do have a bit of a stake in the market and what you say is rather disconcerting...
So there's one way that your analysis can be narrowed down further and personalized....via a horary.
If we were to reduce this to a horary, the question could be:
"Is this a good time to sell my investments?"
In the horary signification of the 2nd house for this site it says:
Always be aware of the condition of the 2nd house and its ruler in any question where money is important - where a financial agreement is sought, a strong 2nd house ruler applying to good aspects indicates financial benefit to the querent, but a weak 2nd-ruler and strong 8th-ruler suggests a loss for them and gain for the other party. This is equally true in questions relating to gambling and stocks and shares.
Therefore, I would look for application of my significator and the Moon to that of the 2nd house. If the application is good, and the state of Lord 2 is good, then it implies that now is not a good time to sell, my investments are doing fine, leave them. If the application is bad, it implies I should sell? And if the Moon is void of course, then what?

Am I on the right track? (I might be in the wrong section, but the question was a result of your article!! )

Thank you.

In regards to gambling and stock trading. Just a few things I've heard over the years that made sense.

Granfather: never play with money you can't afford to lose.

Teacher. If you are interested in stocks, get yourself a package of poker chips and follow five trades in five different industries for a year, on a daily basis (you'll probably have to buy more poker chips during the year.) put five chips on each of your imaginary investments and take away and add to them as the market fluctuates. You may change the companies you wish to invest in (probably will) in the first couple of months, but try to settle on five that you are just going to faithfully watch for one year. you'll either be cured of wanting ot invest or you'll figure out how it works and be hooked forever.

(I've always wanted to try this but somehow havent' gone out and bought the chips to do so. =)

That same teacher also suggested that if you are going ot try your hand at the stock market, save up 1,000.00 that you can lose without hurting yourself or your family, to start with, and dont touch any other cash for the first year. He was a big believer in starting slowly with your stock trading. Oh the teacher was a financial planner by trade, was teaching personal finance.

in anycase I think one should realize that this category is about speculation!

Granny

Firstly, after a week opening the DJIA took a new All Time High today, Oct. 3., which appears slightly confusing - but then I guess we'll know the full story in a few days time. I was speaking with an analyst of international stature the other day, Lars Lindgren, who, if I understood him correctly pointed out that due to the US election this year markets tends to be manipulated and held up, because those in power, the Republicans, want to look good. One way of keeping the DJIA up is by bringing oil down, so as oil comes screaming down from its all all time high of over $78 in early august - US markets are propped up by an oil-relief. So instead of doing something with an oil-consuming car park, the administration brings down gas prices and voters are pleased.

I don't know what the US will look like at the end of the day, but I'm still looking for it to come wooshing down in a day or two, if Mercury's weakness and rulership of the solar eclipse has significance.

But on the other end of the scale, oil prices continue to drop dramatically, by another $2 or nearly 4%!!! today and bringing brent down toward the $58 mark. For an oil-producing nation like Norway this fall is quite dramatic and the OSEBX fell 2,3% today, which major oil companies like Statoil and Norsk Hydro falling round about 3%.

Now concerning that Void Of Course Moon; in a horary you don't act. Don't purchase, or don't sell. That's the thumb rule anyhow. I used to call it "the back-to-front period" because if you wanted to sell a house it would be an excellent time to mount new shelving that you'd longed for because then suddenly you'd sell the house and would never have the pleasure of using the new shelves.

But yes, I'd say you were on the right track.

I have some articles on net www.astronor.com/keyfigures that are interpreted in the same manner as horaries. They are actually charts, mostly atleast, for those moments when the US released important keyfigures. The charts are calculated for my location but don't let that bother you. It is generally the application of the Moon that shows how the market will respond. With the Void of Course Moon the market is either taken off balance or initially makes a false move and sent in the wrong direction. If you take time to study the working of these charts is actually a good course in the true working of planetary relationships (friends, enemies and essential powers) and aspects (aspects through signs of long and short ascension, sinister and dexter aspects). It takes time working out - but explanations are available on the site.

In horary charts the first house represents the querent, whether buyer or seller, and the 7th house represents the other part. During a trading day the change of the sign on the ascendant may show changes in sentiments or the roles played by buy and seller. Whoever that may be.
Also note that I think planets in certain signs more naturally show buyers because those signs are accumulative of their nature, ie. Taurus and Cancer, while other signs more naturally show sellers because they are more naturally seperative, ie. Scorpio and Aquarius.

Feel free to post the question again, if I didn't quite get down to the core of it. :-) :-) :-) Andrew
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feel free to post the question again, if I didn't quite get down to the core of it. :-)
Andrew,
I will most certainly take the time to go through the charts that you have recommended, but you have me a little worried here and and I think time is of the essence! :D

My portfolio can be considered fairly diverse and spread out over various industries. Since there is no focus on any specific industry or money market fund, it appears to me that your analysis should be reflected in the results of my horary. My money is mostly in what we call an IRA in America, my retirement funds. While the question that I asked was triggered after reading your article, the truth of the matter is that I have been pondering the value of my investments for some time now, so I would not consider this a trivial question. It would be quite tragic if I ended up living on social security in my old age?

So let?s take a look and see if it mirrors what you have said.
Question asked ?Is now a good time to sell my investments?, Oct 3 2006, 12:05 pm, 74W26 40N51, 10deg 14 minutes Sag Rising.

I am Jupiter and co-signified by the Moon, my investments ruled by Saturn.
Saturn in detriment in Leo, not a good sign.

First of all the Moon is void of course. Don?t buy, don?t sell?

The Moon is also ruler of the 8th; this could signify the buyers money, or it could signify that the flow of events are going to be the death of me!? (..grin..- better sell quick!!)

It is separating from an opposition from Saturn by just 7 minutes. A parting of ways between me and my investments? But the aspect is past, and I haven't done anything yet!

Meanwhile, Jupiter is coming to a square with Saturn in just 2 degrees, without reception, bad application. Sell.

Conclusion:
I know my analysis is very simplistic, but I think the horary is telling me to sell? The next aspect that the Moon is going to make will be a sextile to Pluto, if you consider the outer planets. Death and re-birth of my investments i.e. I would sell. And then I would buy soon as the market crashes and make a killing!! :D

And then a trine to Mercury, which I suppose would be the seller. Not a bad thing. I *will* end up selling.

I think the horary is saying, ?Sell?. But then the Moon is void of course and I?m not quite sure what that would signify.

And finally, do you think the horary is reflecting your analysis?

Your feedback much appreciated. Don?t worry, I promise not to hold you accountable for my decision.
:) Thank you.

P.S> Granny, thank you for your comments.

Reply to Taurus7

Your question is asked on the day of Mars and in the hour of Saturn. I am not be quite comfortable with the relationship between the lord of the hour and the radical Sagittarius ascendent, or lack of such, which shows discord and that the matter may fall short of your wishes or expectation. Also with your significator in the 12th you are up against forces of which you have no control, matters "larger than life" or which are carried by the weather and the wind... I don't know whether you can be comfortable with this.

Your signifcator is in 19 Scorpio, often causes a harassment of plans, however your significator does apply to the dexter square of Saturn, ruler of the 2nd (your money) through signs of long ascension, who receives Jupiter in his terms, so you should be able to make a secure move and maneuver out of the situation to your advantage.

In the case of this chart it might not serve you to sit too long with your present speculations, because both Moon and Saturn are cadent and in fixed signs, so if things do go wrong you will be sat in this position until eternity. Fortuna in the degree of Mars' fall in the 8th house does not appear attractive, but endangered.

You correctly observe that the Moon has completed all its aspects to the traditional planets, but personally I would not consider it VOC since it still makes its sextile to Pluto who is conveniently located in the 1st house. This again suggests that you may exercute your position to your advantage.

So my opinion would be "Oh blow it! Let's give the stock market a break. We are at a top after a 10% rize since July. I don't really want to be a part of this if it does come down again and I don't feel all that happy with my exposiure". Sell and relax. Opinions will always differ as to whether the market is going up or down, but after a reasonable rally there is the opportunity to take profits and you may consider your re-entry on a later occasion.

I hope that gives some sense of security. Andrew