Synastry

Hi All,

For the longest I've been unable to crack the synastry code. I don't know what to think anymore. I grew up hearing the best aspects were to Venus, or Sun conjunct Moon (kudos for the double whammy!). I'm trying to get this guy to tell me his birthtime so I don't know his rising but our Suns and Moons are conjunct. Meaning we were both born on a new moon of the same sign, so Sun conj Moon both ways and Sun-Sun conj and Moon-Moon conj, the degrees are also awkwardly close. His Mercury conjunct my Venus and my Mercury conjunct his. Oh, and by the way, his Venus is conjunct his Sun and Moon so my Sun, Moon, and Mercury are all conjunct his Venus (which is retrograde! :(). I also forgot to mention his Jupiter is in the same sign... Sooo...everything I just mentioned conjunct Jupiter. Alright I'll stop now. I'm a little nuts for him. How can I read this synastry? How do I know if he feels the same? Is the synastry good?

Hello StellarTiggy!

Question: Would you date a mirror?
Yes if you are Alice in Wonderland!
This would fall in the category of Astro-Twins
"The problem is, we look for someone to grow old together, while the secret is to find someone to stay a child with."
Charles Bukowski

There seems to be a lot of good relationship aspects in your synastry, like Sun, Moon, Venus and Jupiter which calls for harmony. Although you do not mention the sign it falls into, which would be for looking at receptions to reinforce the relationship. And if you read stories of people born the same day, you will see that it is not always a fairytale!

Joe Fallisi did a presentation on Unions according to classical astrology on behalf of the Sky and Earth association, at the II International Congress of FAES (Montpellier, 7 July 2002).
"These are the three kinds that Ptolemy himself declares (according to inclination or choice, according to what is useful, according to pleasure and suffering), and which correspond to the three Aristotelian objects of love: what is good, what is useful , what is pleasant. The three lovable objects generate friendship when a feeling of benevolence is felt towards an animated being. If the lovable object concerns that which is good, which includes in itself all the feelings of humanity, of compassion, of affection and attachment, the significators will be the Sun and the Moon. These friendships are based on benevolence, reciprocity, an intimate awareness of the fact. If the lovable object refers to what is useful, its significator will instead be the Part of Fortune. Such friendships are more susceptible to breaking up, they are most often formed between people of a certain age, they do not require any intimacy. Third, if the lovable object is about what is pleasant, the ASC will be the significator. Ptolemy tells us: pleasure and suffering, but in French it could be said affection , since affection , according to what Alain observes, is all that touches and moves us with pleasure and pain. These are friendships that are formed and dissolved easily, which are most often realized in youth and which require a certain intimacy."

"On marriage (IV, 5), Ptolemy mentions only two significators: the Sun and the Moon, since the Sun means the spirit, the thinking reality, the Moon the purposes, the intentions, the designs that arise around the object of thought. So how can we fail to pity Dr. Strong's wife when she exclaims in David Copperfield : “There is no greater disparity in marriage than incompatibility of spirit and purpose!???

Being both born at New Moon, this is the Sanguine character meaning the friendship will be an important part of what you are looking for in a relationship. And the Part of Fortune will be close to the ASC which will define "the need to carry out a mission in life'. So depending on his ASC, you can find differences on what motivates you both in life.

As for the aspects, the trine and, in a more attenuated way, the sextiles and the aspects by declination indicate the pleasure that endures over time, while square and oppositions involve an excess destined to be consumed quickly. Conjunctions will be for good or bad depending on the aspects received.

"In order to evaluate the strength and meaning of the sympathy-synastry aspects, it is important to note in which Houses (cardinal, succedent or cadent) the two factors are mutually placed, which one is "supreme" between them and if they are related or no with benefics and / or evil. Similarly, in analogy with the individual genitures, if the aspect in question is about to form, or has just dissolved and, more generally, all the different relationships and familiarities between the stars in the signs" (see G. Bezza, Commentary on the first book of Claudius Ptolemy's Tetrabiblos , op.cit., Pp. 106-173, 254-308, 369-411).

Another factor to consider is the relocation chart. If one of you has moved, it may bring the focus somewhere else in the chart by looking at the Astro*Carto*Graphy.

And last but not least, look at your charts in the 9th Harmonic. This is very revealing of a long and lasting relationship.

I hope I have covered some aspects to look at but at first glance, this looks promising!

Good luck,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Thank you! It's in Libra.

I hate that he has a Venus Retrograde. Makes me wonder if his whole chart id broken. Ha!

Probably a good thing though... He's got North Node in that whole mix. They say Venus conj North Node makes people a bit "happy" in the underpants. I wonder if the RX thing makes a difference.

Between 1900-2021 Venus R in Libra
1903 August
2010 Oct
2018 Oct
Not something we can build some statistical evidence!
Generally, I would say that Venus R holds on with issues of intimacy, sharing and sense of values. Might relate to broken promises during childhood. Venus is cold and moist but more cold in Libra (Air), more moist if in Scorpio (Water).
Rising before the Sun (termed Lucifer, Eastern or morning Star), it gives a more spontaneous, eager and impulsive emotional nature. The person feels first and think later.
Rising after the Sun (termed Hesperus, Western or evening Star), it gives a more controlled and introverted nature. The person feels after the fact.
The NN conjunct Venus might amplify that.

Happy in the underpants, this is something you will have to investigate!
:D
Blessings!

He's got North Node in that whole mix. They say Venus conj North Node makes people a bit "happy" in the underpants. I wonder if the RX thing makes a difference.
This certainly can be true and the fact that his Venus is combust can add to that.

It sounds like it is conjunct his Sun and Moon also? Men with Sun conjunct the NN can sometimes be immature, attention-starved and selfish (Donald Trump is a famous example) and males with Moon conjunct the NN can be attracted to women who are like that. The fact that his node is likely hitting your personal planets might be significant for at least a lesson being learned in this life. The nodal placements are usually one of the first things I analyze in synastry.

As far as Sun/Moon/Venus connections in synastry - you will see them just as much in a friendships as romantic connections. They are good connections to have but don't guarantee a romantic link. I do think you want the time of birth for a better picture to see if it is mutual also. For example, someone might have the other person's stellium in their 7th while one has it in the 12th. The one with it in the 7th will be more inclined towards wanting a relationship with that person whereas the one with the 12th house placement might find the other party unsettling.

yeah, I heard Venus rx is basically the reverse of whatever that Venus would be. So like, if Venus is super flirty in a person's chart, or in the 5th house, or conjunct Mars or Jupiter of whatever, when it is RX it basically reverses that behavior. I doubt that's always true, but it makes sense that the natural flow of that energy would be somehow disrupted.

His Sun is in Libra so I would hope that humbles the NN conjunction, and you are right that I have a Libra stellium practically grinding his Libra stellium. Our placements are so close, that his Sun/Venus conjunction is almost to the degree on my natal moon. Depending on his birth time his Moon could be exactly on my natal mercury, like same degree. His Mercury is almost exactly conjunct my Ascendant. I just think it's cool because I actually like him. Astrology didn't fail me this time!

Gonna be tricky getting his birth time because he's kind of a pain in the bum but I'll try

Hi Stellar Tiggy

Just a quick observation...

My wife and I have our Moons in an exact conjunction, and even though we are quite the opposite from one another in more ways than one, it forged a soul bond lasting for over thirty years by now. :)

We have some other astrological commonalities as well, to be sure, but I do think that Moon/Moon conjunctions in a synastry make for a stronger connection between two people in a romantic relationship more than any other aspect by itself.

And yes, there are quite a lot of other links between the both of you that speak for a lasting relationship too.

Good luck!

Michael

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Thank you Michael for your feedback.

He and I talked, actually before we met in person and I noticed even then that I liked him quite a bit. I was hoping it would go sideaways in person but we know how THAt turned out...

Does anyone have input on the whole Venus RX thing? His Venus is in Libra RX, conjunct Sun, Moon, Jupiter, and North Node. No idea about the house yet. Ya'll need to tell me *STRAIGHT* what he's all about. If you think he's a ho ho ho I need to know know know!

StellarTiggy wrote:Thank you Michael for your feedback.

He and I talked, actually before we met in person and I noticed even then that I liked him quite a bit. I was hoping it would go sideaways in person but we know how THAt turned out...

Does anyone have input on the whole Venus RX thing? His Venus is in Libra RX, conjunct Sun, Moon, Jupiter, and North Node. No idea about the house yet. Ya'll need to tell me *STRAIGHT* what he's all about. If you think he's a ho ho ho I need to know know know!
Dear Stellar Tiggy

Actually, I don't think that any responsible astrologer will presume to tell you if your love interest is a ho ho ho or not. Bear in mind that there are no absolute negatives and positives in astrology, and on what level someone is manifesting their horoscope in their life will always reflect their degree of personal sophistication. Also, various elements will modify one another in anyone's chart. Moreover, we haven't even seen his full chart so far!

So the best we can do here is hinting at some fields of potential difficulty based on the info you provided and our personal knowledge and experience, but at the end of the day, it will be up to you to figure out what the dude you are dating is really all about. :D

Now about retrograde planets a lot of bullshittery has been said. Personally, I mostly tend to agree to Dane Rudhyar's observation that they represent forces acting in the direction opposite to their common one. So I wonder if Venus being retrograde could indicate that the individual here in question might be a bit self-enamored? I am considering this not least based on Venus being in Libra as well as on some other factors involving the stellium that she is part of.

In line with the aforesaid, a new moon in a natal chart suggests a lack of objectivity towards self - more so when the conjunction is waning.

Now having some narcissistic traits is quite common with many of us and can generally be dealt with in someone you resonate with overall. However, if (and please remember: it's a big if!) you get involved with a full-fledged narcissist, things won't be pretty - even though they would seem to be during the initial "love bombing" phase, before the subsequent "devaluing" and "discarding" set in. In that case, you wouldn't be ending up with a fulfilling and lasting relationship, but rather with a PhD in psychology! :D

So here you have a few hints regarding what you may want to be aware of regarding the case at hand. Again, I recommend you take all this with a grain of salt. A bunch of professional astrologers was not able to pick out Charles Manson's chart out of a collection of ten. By the same token, I have a good friend whose chart sure enough looks like he might be a mass murderer, when in fact he is a really nice and decent guy (well, at least most of the time).

I, for one, strongly believe that our knowledge of astrology (or of any other system of divination, for that matter) should not keep us from plunging into the challenge of living to the full. We may never know what we have missed otherwise!

By the way, can't you just openly tell the guy that you are interested in astrology and would like to know his birth time in order to take a look at his natal chart? (Although you may want to forego talking about this forum discussion with him, at the current stage anyway :lol:.)

Michael

Visit my blog:

We aren't fully dating and moreover I am mulling over whether to end the communication. He's very flighty and I don't know why. Birth time is likely not an issue but I forgot to ask when I was with him and now I don't want to open the pandora's box over the phone, I'd rather ask him in person knowing he can't get away from me.

StellarTiggy wrote:We aren't fully dating and moreover I am mulling over whether to end the communication. He's very flighty and I don't know why. Birth time is likely not an issue but I forgot to ask when I was with him and now I don't want to open the pandora's box over the phone, I'd rather ask him in person knowing he can't get away from me.
May I ask in what way he is 'flighty'?

And yet he can't get away from you? :???:

Visit my blog: