[Outcome Listed] Can I get a raise?

So just to give some context, I can’t go on like this. I worked 80 hours in 5 days and I’m just at my wits end. On Friday I decided if they don’t give me more money, I’m heading out (which might be inevitable at this point). I’m also trying to buy a place so I need more income.

There’s three ways I can get it: 1. A promotion which is best, 2. they offer it in November when talks come up (just found out about this) and 3. I ask about it myself before November.

I want a 20% increase which is 25k. I would be unhappy by anything under 15k tbh. I already make 15k more than my co-manager.

Just saved a project that is very high visibility and the client is important to us and I think I can turn it into an even bigger pipeline of work. 750k.

There’s two people I need to get a raise by, my director and then the partner. I won’t be able to imitate this process until at least a month. Have to secure the additional funding on the project I saved and start executing against it.

Also, working on my resume in the upcoming weeks to start applying elsewhere also:

Me: Venus
My finances: Mercury
Work: Saturn retrograde
Work raise: Saturn retrograde

Need to also look at the moon.

This chart isn’t positive by any means

I’m venus in my six house, and cadent so that already tells me this is a weak situation. I’m new to the firm and just started in April. By sign, I’m domicile so incredibly strong and doing well. Already known as a super strong performer. This is also incredibly slow timing. November is fast approaching but maybe it aligns to the chart.

Here is where the additional concern comes in, the moon, is sitting in the 10th with minimal reception.

Not to mention Saturn, which I’m assuming is the partner, or my director, is in retrograde. Leaving retrograde though so might come around before November. What stands out to me is this is likely the partner. The reason I say this is he’s very strict, cold, rigid and more than anything cheap with money but comfortable. Top of the food chain, basically.

I’m thinking mars is my director/manager. She’s open and caring and fluid and just complete fun, fits the personality of Mars completely. Wait, maybe she’s actually Jupiter since she’s sitting in the 11th house? But she’s in retrograde which signals weakness as it the very least.

In terms of aspects, my next aspect is a trine to Saturn where there is mutual reception, yay! Wishing it was a conjunction though.

I was also warned about Saturn, to triple check before undertaking. And I’m nervous about blowback to my career because apparently the partner treats people poorly when they ask for more money.

The moon in the 11th is also spot of for the topic of the chart.

Moon and Jupiter are also reaching a conjunction. I wondered if this honestly was my reaching out to the director prior to going to the partner. I need a case.

The moon and sun also are approaching an opposition. It doesn’t connect though because obviously Jupiter and the moon connect first and on better terms.

Logically, without any chart, I would argue that this is an upward battle.

Also, I’m wondering if I should instead analyze this looking at the three options for getting more money versus the method I’ve done now. Similar to how Amelia structured her relocation chart.
Last edited by Wisdom Joy on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you!
WJ

WJ, I'd prefer a trine to conjunction when it comes to Saturn. A conjunction with a malefic could be very tricky, and in my experience it seldom turns out to be without trouble or delay. A trine with both reception and dignity like yours is much, much better if you ask me.

Your finance (Mercury) is leaving Mars behind. Virgo is Mercury's sign. It is trine the ascendant.

The opposition between Jupiter and Sun might still come up as hassle. But I think you're right the main thing is the immediate aspects, which, except the retrograde movements, are really not bad. The planets have dignity and are in generally fine houses to be for possible pay rise.

The problem is, retrograde planets are rather unpredictable. I wonder if this says something about timing, that you are not yet in a position to fight, considering you (Venus) are in a weak house, the house of servants. Jupiter in 11 retrograde makes me think the company can afford it, but perhaps not now? And they might dawdle as they evaluate their options. Another possibility is that you later find out something and you change your mind in some way.

I wonder if WJ should wait until Jupiter is in Pisces if she was to ask. What do you guys see?

Good luck, WJ!

Thank you so much for this analysis, Amelia. Is Mars my manager or do you think it’s Jupiter. I don’t know why my manager would be opposing me since I can’t actually see her blocking me but I’m candidly not sure.

There’s a few things that would get me to change my mind: 1. They are promoting me in December to senior manager (that’s the midway mark), 2. They give me a 10k+ raise in November when they meet with me to discuss performance. This is normally allocated for people after their year end review. I’m nervous about waiting and getting left behind and then they put out all these promotions and increases and I’ve missed out.

Being in the 6th house, does that contradict my assessment on their feedback as a high performance. Maybe they simply see me, or the team as just here to get the work done. And by they, I mean the partner.
Thank you!
WJ

Also, the firm totally has the money. What I found out recently is that the partner gets a pool and he gets paid first and then everyone else gets paid after. He doesn’t respect our team though, in general. I think he believes the transformation team he was on earlier is better.
Thank you!
WJ

Amelia, very interesting update: today I found out I was added to the calibration pool early. Normally you have to go through a full cycle before being added. So they basically added me early because they wanted me to give me a bonus for the year. They said they didn’t know how much it would be or if there is a raise included in this, but they made it seem like this was an exception me being added. I asked my friend as well and she confirmed that she hasn’t received a score as of yet and there is she has no meeting scheduled.

I still want to ask for more money but I’m thinking that I should wait until December. I asked her to be put up for a promotion next year this time.

I also applying for additional positions outside of work this week.
Thank you!
WJ

Thank you so much for your insight on this chart. It was your third prediction or a combination of your predictions. It’s a slight change in my mind but I never saw that in the chart.
Thank you!
WJ

AmeliaS wrote:
I wonder if WJ should wait until Jupiter is in Pisces if she was to ask. What do you guys see?
Amelia, I agree with you to wait, because the promising trine between
Saturn (the firm's money) and her Venus is out of the 6th house. In the
situation WJ has described, it would be a kind of "being ill" or "crazy" to
ask for more money.

But in my opinion the main reason to wait is the destroying applying
opposition between the Moon and the Sun.

It is a little bit like with Ikarus. He was able to fly, but he exaggerated,
flew too high, and too near to the Sun the wax of his wings was liquefied.

To get more money would be justified, but to ask for this now, i.e. so
early, would be very probably seen as very inapt, if this would not even
signify the end of a promising career in this firm.

WJ, your decision was good for now in my opinion, and when you feel
later that it could be the right time to act, you could ask a new question
then.

This is by the far the most I've ever updated a thread with things I actually didn't think would happen. So on Friday I received an email that I received a "S" award and that I'm being paid out 2K. Apparently I went above and beyond on my project work etc etc.

Positives: This technically should be outside my raise and my bonus. Those should still be coming.

Negatives: This might be replacing my raise and bonus and in that case I'm super upset. No way to know until November when they have the compensation review conversation with me.

....more to come, but either way you're both so right. Can't ask for any money now when they seem to be giving me some, even if it ins't the amount I want.
Thank you!
WJ

Hi everyone, hope you're keeping well! Wanted to close the loop on this.

I received a raise and it was only 2%, I was super upset and wanted to request more money but then was advised against it because the senior partner is quite malicious so I was advised to wait until the one year mark.

Thank you all again for the help.

WJ
Thank you!
WJ