[Outcome Listed] Will I get the fellowship?

Hi everyone,

I did a bit of a blunder and wanted to cast a chart to see the potential outcome. I applied for a fellowship where I needed my new Director at a new company to sponsor me. She did and my workload is just so excessive at the moment, I basically left it until the last minute. I don't think I produced my best work but went ahead and submitted my application. at 12:03am, it was due at 12am...
The chart I cast asks if I will get the fellow and this was cast after my submission, and I'm slightly worried.

Immediately I see the moon is in the 9th house of higher learning. It's not a job, so I don't know if I should be looking at 10th house or 9th, potentially both I'm assuming.

I'm mercury sitting in my third house of communication and dignified by term and face which is a water sign. I'm approaching a conjunction with the sun, which lords my fourth. I candidly have no idea how my 4th connects to this or is relevant.

One thing that caught my mind was the moon, which just entered a water sign, still technically in the 9th house but under the sign of the 10th. Leaving detriment and now only slightly dignified. The 9th and 10th are lord my Saturn, which should technically be comfortable in either of those signs but I noticed right away that it's in retrograde. Saturn to me also is conservative and rigid and this is a human rights organization that works of such contentious topics, the description doesn't actually fit. I wonder if I'm missing something though with Aquarius being the ruler and naturally fitting the human rights space.

The moons next aspect is to Saturn also, I'm wondering if I might have a chance. Jupiter which lords the 7th, I don't know whether to suggest this is my interviewer or my competition in this fellowship. Either way, they too are retrograde at the moment, but also comfortable and dignified.

Am I missing something?
Last edited by Wisdom Joy on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you!
WJ

Hello Wisdom Joy,
Fellowship is a 9th House issue and if it involves monetary awards the 10th House becomes important (2nd from the 9th).
Saturn in Rulership, Angular in the 10th rules both 9th and 10th and the Moon applies to it. Which is a good testimony.
But... but... Saturn is Retro.
Let me turn over to what Ivy Jacobson has to say about a R significator.
** "Gives you the power to repeat until you succeed"
** "There is more than meets the eye." Meaning that the planet hold on something or that there are conditions or rules attached to this fellowship which may require a long-term engagement from your end. If you are ready to do so.
** "The thing sought after requires care and attention" meaning that the program is going under revision and may well be modified as the Moon applies to it.
** "In a Fixed Sign (Aquarius), the querent is Bound to enter when Saturn here changes direction." As if you are "on the brink of something and unwilling."
Jacobson goes on to describe a Retrograde malefic as 'someone who is rejected, sent away or denied acceptance into the circle."
I would not go that far but I am opting more for the first option where you may need to repeat until you succeed.

Mercury L1 in the 3rd opposing Pluto in 9th , trine Neptune in 11th, expect some investigation into your private life, someone trying to pull ghosts from your closet.
My analysis is by no way the advice of an expert, I have just thrown here what struck my mind when I looked up at your board.

Best of luck and keep us updated,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos I appreciate your insight.

A couple of your comments caught my eye:
1. The long-term engagement; this fellowship lasts for a year. I have quite a few things on the go, including work and this is an additional commitment on top of it. I'm basically running out of time in a day.
2. Non-monetary, so definitely 9th house, it might lead to some 10th house gains but I'm not particularly sure- or the connection isn't in my vision right now.
3. The program is undergoing revision. I believe that there was some feedback around exclusion of Black women specifically and other historically neglected groups- there is a new program manager that was hired sometime in the last year.
4. For some reason the investigation doesn't surprise. I recently went viral from an advocacy post on a contentious topic and people tried to accuse me of reverse hatred and attempted to get me fired. It's also interesting that im sitting in L3.

Can the retrograde Saturn also mean harmful?
Thank you!
WJ

WJ, great to hear you are leading such a fruitful, exciting life.

I got the impression of "Yes, but not now" from this one. Saturn the malefic of delays receives the Moon but is retrograde. Mercury needs to change sign to meet Sun. This happens in a cadent house. I agree with Ouranos that you may need to wait. With the Moon near the MC strongly received by Saturn though, I would try again if I didn't get it the first time and still wanted it.

Amelia

According to Ptolemy, Mercury conjunct Fixed Star Castor of the nature of Mercury = honor, intellect, great learning.
Can the retrograde Saturn also mean harmful?
Yes it can. Somehow, this Mercury in the 3rd may end up as being 'just rumors'
The Moon applying to Saturn R, your reputation is at stake here. You have to wash whiter than white. And after the Moon meets Saturn, it squares Uranus in the 12th and opposes MarsL12 (enemies) in the 4th. Stay away from controversy.
Blessings!

Thank you both for your insight. I've also been keeping allow profile online. Particularly because I'm so busy with work. The other component is that my activist friend just got fired a fe days ago because of a very valid tweet she did. trying not to have the sam faith happen to me.
Thank you!
WJ

Hi everyone! Logging in on vacation to let you know that I was just invited to an interview. This is for learning purposes. Also the interview is divided into a group component and individual.

Question about the chart: is L7 the interviewers OR the competitors. It can’t be both right?
Thank you!
WJ

Hi Wisdom Joy - congrats on the interview. I agree with what the others are seeing. I had a horary back in 2011 regarding an educational program (similar to fellowship) I had already been accepted to, and when I asked about it, the program was lorded as Jupiter sitting in the 1st house and the Moon was separating from Jupiter and applying to conjunct Venus (in between two benefics). Venus lorded the 7th and it involved relocating and brought a lot of change and new experiences (7th house). I was not sure if I would be able to attend the program due to various obstacles and that was the primary reason I asked, as well as if the program would be right for me. I attended the program, did very well in it and it helped me financially and in my career pursuits. It has brought me fulfillment as well.

I am not seeing these types of indicators here, in fact a bit of the opposite with the emphasis of Saturn retro and tons of oppositions. I hope however it goes is the best for you but I think something else might be a better fit. The horary should at least be a caution to weigh the opportunity well and ask a lot of important questions about it. Make sure it suits you if you are offered the spot. Saturn also deals with regret, IMO. The Moon is applying to Saturn and Saturn to it, so an interview and possibly an offer would not really be surprising but a retro planet, especially Saturn, is one you cannot help but question (for many of the points brought up here but also in any resources on this website and previous threads). I think as far as learning purposes, a longterm outcome might be necessary.

Hello Wisdom Joy,

Happy for you that you are on your way to your fellowship.
There is a mutual application between the Moon and SaturnR . It shows a middle ground, mutual application indicating sudden or rapid change and Saturn R slowing down things.
Jupiter R in Pisces, Angular shows qualified competitors but unfortunately they never get to Saturn. It moves to Saturn sign but out of sign aspects tend to be broken promises.
Moon swifter in motion than Jupiter R - You run away with the bone so to speak.
Deborah Houlding says of the 10th House where the aspect Moon/SaturnR perfects 'All forms of authority in decision-making or those who enforce authority'.
But remember, you never get the full benefit of a planet R. If you can live with that.

Finally, your Ruler Mercury in the 3rd House in opposition to Pluto. Ivy Jacobson used to say that often the matters that occur in Cadent houses are none of our business. So move along. And good luck.
Blessings!

Thank you so much for your feedback, Tanit and Ouranos. I didn’t expect to receive an interview tbh. I actually submitted my application a few minutes late. I can’t say that this is an experience that I’m going to grow in- much to what Tanit mentioned in her assessment. It’s more for “street cred??? and for my resume. A necessary right of passage, imo. There’s a few other projects that I’m working on personally. One with a major investigative journalist that hasn’t started, another learning to code so I can get into ethical in AI and writing my GMAT for the executive MBA. I am fortunate enough that my last role I accepted was the MBA role even though I don’t know one.

One thing I have been contemplating is whether or not this fellowship will take away from the work I’m going to be doing with the investigative journalist. That is 100% my priority but it hasn’t come into fruition yet and last I heard from him a few months ago they were still undecided on a topic but the talks were very much underway. Your comments Tanit about regret and questioning really resonated with me.

I’m sharing this info for learning purposes. I’m not that detailed in analysis in charts but I know some of you are and can link added info back to the charts.
Thank you!
WJ

Update: received a cryptic message from my interviewer when I thanked him for the experience saying thanks for your interest in the program and that they would be in touch with next steps. Also, regardless of the outcome he wants to stay in touch.??? I took that as a polite decline but I’ll confirm this week because we should find out.
Thank you!
WJ