Retrograde 5th ruler in baby boy/girl chart?

Hello all,

I am considering pregnancy in 2021/2022 and prefer to have a baby boy. I asked today:

Can I get pregnant? Will it be a boy?
Hour ruler is Venus. The chart is radical.

The chart bears striking similarities to my natal: Venus at Gemini 26' is the same sign and exact degree with my natal Venus in the natal MC. A retrograde Saturn rules my natal fifth from the natal fourth and these are repeated in this chart, too.

This Venus will have to change sign to trine Jupiter - any pregnancy plans are being delayed by a possible, imminent move across countries.

Overall, I think I can have a baby boy:

The Jupiter near 5th cusp is a masculine planet in a fertile sign and his domicile, trine my Venus immediately.

Saturn the lord of the 5th is a masculine planet in a masculine sign.

Moon is in a masculine sign applying to trine a masculine planet (The Sun).

Finally, both the first cusp and the fifth cusp are masculine.

So far, so good, but as you can imagine, the retrograde and very visible infortunes kind of irk me. Does it mean the possible pregnancy will get messy? I don't quite fancy the Moon applying to the 8th house Sun, either. Saturn, the 5th ruler, is collecting this Sun in the 8th and Moon. :shock: Well, this doesn't look safe.

An exciting but problematic chart. Thoughts will be appreciated. I will update as the situation progresses.

Amelia

Hello Amelia,

The Moon in Aquarius shows the fixedness of your question and applying to SaturnR (L5) says Yes but with delays. A planet Retrograde hold back something. That is the difference between tentative and commitment. But in the end, you will get what you want by being stubborn enough.
Saturn is the Almuten of the ASC and the 5th, linking you to the question.
"if the Moon be in reception with any Planet in an Angle, that is, essentially Fortified," (CA, p.227)
The Moon is received by Saturn Angular.

The applying trine to Sun/NN (increase) supports the development of your goal as Sun is L11 of hopes and wishes.
SaturnR in Rulership Angular, ruling the 5th and collecting the light of the Moon and the Sun will bring the matter to perfection.
I would still consider the trine from VenusL1 to Jupiter(on cusp of 5th) to be a good sign. The moiety between the 2 planets is 8 degrees. They make a mutual application but out of sign so 'circumstances will change' before completion of your goal.
And this would be welcome changes as Jupiter is in the Exaltation, Triplicity and Bound of Venus. Adding Jupiter in the face of Saturn(L5) and Saturn in the bound of Jupiter.
Another good indicator is the Part of Children at 2Lib55 in trine to the Moon.

Delays with the move to foreign country is also seen with the applying trine to MercuryR (L9 in the 9th)
----------------------
Boy or Girl?
"[Male or Female.] The Lord of the Ascendant (here Venus), Lord of the 5th (here Saturn), Lord of the Houre (here Venus) Masculine, and the Moon in a Masculine Signe, degrees, or Quarter (here 2ndQ is masculine), doe note a Male, the contrary a Female." (CA, p. 228)
This is an act of faith in Lilly here!
-----------------------
Mars in the 10th
Mars (in Fall) ruling your spouse (L7th and his 8th in his 4th) shows his financial situation may put sand in the gear. Maybe because of a loan or in supporting his family. Make sure you do not overlook this when you make plan for the future.
And Mars also rules your 2nd House.

All the best!
Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos, thank you for digging into it. Some of what you said I really wasn't even aware of. Now that I have calmed down a bit (difficult for me to read my own charts), I agree with you the Sun isn't malicious. It rules a good house and beholds the ascendant, being peregrine and in the 8th notwithstanding (but 9th sign - now I see that, too).

While my husband and I are comfortable at the moment, I do worry much about the financial strain that may come with a baby... while, truth be told, we can sit at home and binge Netflix for a decade and the lifestyle we have got used to still will not need change - we are that secure, but I guess fear really is irrational.

If I can't get over this anxiety, it will be a deal breaker as far as pregnancy is concerned. So the chart might be saying that, too.

Thank you also for putting the retrograde movements down to delays. I'm quite sure you are right. Will update.

Amelia

Is anyone else experiencing issues logging in today? I had to reset my password and use two different devices probably 10 times before my account was active again. Mercury rx is having a laugh at my expense today.

I agree with what both of you have mentioned. You guys probably already read the fantastic article written by Deb on pregnancies and the classical indicators here do suggest a masculine baby. I agree that there does seem to be some delay/difficulty with the rx 5th lord, it being Saturn, two malefics angular, and also no 1st lord/5th connection and the Moon and 5th lord are prohibited from aspecting by Sun in the 8th. It could be that maybe there is an almost pregnancy or false positive with the 8th house Sun before the pregnancy is made? Or maybe attempts will encounter lack of pregnancy for a while. Venus is also leaving a barren sign for a fruitful one soon, as was mentioned. I agree that Jupiter so fruitful in the 5th cannot be ignored and Venus is within orb. That should help counter the other difficulties. Stress is bad for pregnancy so I agree that after a major move might be a better time to plan. I see a lot of people with 5th house Saturns or Saturn lording the 5th having kids but it is usually well into their 30s (after the Saturn return).

Is Jupiter also in your natal 5th?

Good luck with everything.

Tanit3333 wrote:Mercury rx is having a laugh at my expense today.
Oh, Skyscript did lock me out on the Safari browser today. Then I switched the Chrome and the problem disappeared. Also, just before Mercury rx I had a packet of coffee beans I ordered online sent to a wrong address. This almost never happens in South Korea. Took them an entire week to sort it out.
Tanit3333 wrote:You guys probably already read the fantastic article written by Deb on pregnancies and the classical indicators here do suggest a masculine baby.
Yes! And thank you for preparing me for all these likely hiccups ahead.
Tanit3333 wrote:Is Jupiter also in your natal 5th?
My natal Jupiter is on the 9th cusp, combust and peregrine in Taurus.

My 5th has a Moon in Capricorn lording my 11th. I have never been one to get splendidly along with children. I guess they mostly just tolerate me :P

Amelia

Aha!
Here is what Omar Maternus is saying in his 2021 Astro Unforecast book
My natal Jupiter is on the 9th cusp, combust and peregrine in Taurus.
You are hiding a fortune in a fiscal paradise but you don't remember your safe password!
My 5th has a Moon in Capricorn lording my 11th
You love to play Pokemon with your mother and you have a collection of cookies from the Internet!

:D
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:Aha!
Here is what Omar Maternus is saying in his 2021 Astro Unforecast book

You are hiding a fortune in a fiscal paradise but you don't remember your safe password!
I don't remember hiding a fortune, either, Ouranos. How unfortunate. 8) I hope you're right though and I will inform you once I remember it.

Oh, Skyscript did lock me out on the Safari browser today. Then I switched the Chrome and the problem disappeared. Also, just before Mercury rx I had a packet of coffee beans I ordered online sent to a wrong address. This almost never happens in South Korea. Took them an entire week to sort it out.
I am still not able to login with Chrome at all, which is my usual browser. I have had a lot of tech issues in general this week though so it is not too unexpected. I notified Admin and they aren't sure what the issue is either.