Astrology and Autism

"Everyone knows that a human group is formed by the exclusion of one or more people. A group of students is the same. So friendships are shaped on the backs of a fat, ugly, curvy, stranger. Now imagine a boy who looks like no one else. He is 11 years old. He can't stand being touched. He always stands aside. He sometimes spends the time of recreation hidden in the toilets or behind the large trunk of the plane tree. He could tell you that this is a common plane tree, also called maple leaf plane, a hybrid of the Platanaceae family, with very low fertility, a tree that appeared in Europe in the 18th century. That it can have a lifespan of a thousand years. A size of fifty meters. And that its fruits are called akenes. But he doesn't talk to others because he doesn't know if they're nice or bad. Anything new scares him. Anything that doesn't repeat itself scares him. That's why he hates Christmas and his birthday.
When he walks down the street, he seems to be counting his steps, naming cars and sorting colors. He's 11 and knows things even his parents and teachers don't. Besides, sometimes he corrects them. About the underground water reservoir in the northern Sahara, for example. It's not 3,000 cubic kilometers, lady, it's 30,000. And it was not the cold, madame, that killed the horses during the retreat from Russia, but the ice. He doesn't know how to lie. He can hurt you without knowing it. He has an impressive memory. If you cry, if you laugh, it doesn't bother him. He doesn't read you. He doesn't feel you. When there is too much noise, his hands strike his head, as if to crush the noises in his head. He never says bad words. He respects the regulations to the letter. The law. When he walks past a mirror, he doesn't always see himself. He sees the tree, never the forest. But above all, there is something about him that you hate above all, he does not recognize you. Here is Geoffroy. The one we laugh at and abuse. Here is the child alone, the excluded from the world, the schmurz.
His mother fights for his difference to be seen as an asset. She says that Beethoven and Bobby Fischer and Isaac Newton were also different. Just like Anthony Hopkins. And just like Picasso whom he had invited in his head and who painted the sea in red ... "When I don't have blue, I paint red". And Pablo was laughing and telling him not to worry ... "Didn't I paint faces where the nose is in the place of an ear, a mouth of an eye and people saw that they were people."
And one year ago, this amazing thing happened. A girl from the 4th grade sat next to him and with a delicate gesture had extracted a tiny white earpiece from her long black hair which she had placed in Geoffroy's ear canal. He had been petrified. The color of the earpiece. The lyrics of the song said 'Imagine all the people Living life in peace ... "The rhythm of the drums and the riffs of the electric guitar had made his heart dance. For a moment Geoffroy was no longer afraid. He was no longer afraid of himself. even seems he could fly away, hey, and laugh. He had seen only one thing, the girl and her eyes of the most beautiful color in the world. A veronese green. And Geoffroy's life had change forever."
Gregoire Delacourt, 'Un jour viendra couleur d'orange".
---------------------------

Lynn Hayes on Astrological Musings has a good case for an astrological signature of Autism.
https://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/as ... onnec.html
She suggests a link to the Uranus-Neptune conjunction 1991-1994 opening all kinds of doorways and dissolved the boundaries of reason and old paradigms of thinking. And Saturn (order) and Uranus (rebellion) that destroys the status quo.
First described in 1910 by Swiss psychiatrist Eugene Bleuler when Saturn in Aries was square Uranus in Capricorn.
The term 'autism' was first used in its modern sense in 1943 by Leo Kanner at Johns Hopkins Institute and one year later by Hans Asperger in Vienna. During this time Saturn and Uranus had both just entered and conjoined in Gemini, the sign that rules communication and the mental process.
They estimate 1 child in 150 born today is in the spectrum of autism. And the spectrum is large. Einstein did not walk before the age of 4 years old. The measure of 'normality' today needs to be reviewed with new paradigms for human beings have entered a 'new reality'.
And the astro signature points to Saturn/Uranus/Neptune, 7th House, Mercury.
Rudolf Steiner was once asked by a mother how to train her child to become a scientist. His answer was 'Tell him more tales.'
I once read the chart of an Asperger from the request of his mother. He was fascinated more by the calculations than the chart reading itself. He later became a top computer geek at a local University.

Ouranos
Last edited by Ouranos on Thu May 13, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blessings!

Beautiful writing on autism, I think Bill Gates he has a maltreated moon
by Mars but also Uranus on the Ascendant square sun/ Neptune conjunction
A spectrum of autism, his geeky determination to solve world problems by use of vaccines, which many believe could be a cause of autism.

Thank you WooWoo!
Thank you Zosma!
Gates is also an interesting case with the ruler of 1st (Moon/MC) sesquiquadrate the ruler of the 7th (Saturn) conjonct Venus. It shows a strong emotional need to be in control in his relationships.
As a child he was bullied and in 2016 he revealed he was color-blind.
It was reported that Melinda Gates began divorce move at times Bill's meetings with Jeffrey Epstein (convicted sex offender) were revealed.
Saturn in the 5th tells us that pleasure rhymes with responsabilities.
Blessings!

I have autism and a lot of my acquaintances do as well (since fellow autistics tend to understand each other better). It is a developmental disorder and tends to be centered on communications and how we express ourselves. I have Saturn stationary in the 3rd (and Mercury conjunct Mars trine Saturn) but I also have Moon square Saturn and people often see me as cold and difficult to communicate with. My Venus is debilitated and I dress oddly and do not follow social norms (but I consider myself a creative person). Most of my autistic friends have similar things going on. Temple Grandin is similar - she has Moon opp Saturn and a debilitated Venus. Her Mercury aspects Mars. Saturn lords her 3rd house and is debilitated in the 8th. I normally see Saturn especially emphasizing the developmental delays and difficulties with communicating. Mine lords the 7th house also and I tend to view others in general as if they are constantly attacking me and finding fault with me, or attempting unsuccessfully to take advantage of me. I have always felt that way but as a child was when I struggled the most. I was in special education until the 6th grade but I excelled in higher education and now have 3 degrees in the sciences. As a child I learned musical instruments quickly and I have perfect pitch. I have been called gifted a few times because I learn very quickly and am obsessive about special interests. My father was very brilliant but was also unstable. He could fix anything and could read a book in less than a day. His Venus was also in Aries and he had 5 planets in Gemini, including Mercury. He was considered a very odd person to others, not unlike myself.

Autism is a spectrum and so there are varying degrees as to how someone functions (or are not able to). My father had a much more difficult time functioning. He was not able to keep a job and constantly alienated others and was difficult to be around. He suffered from depressive episodes, which is very common.

You mention Neptune, and Neptune is also all over my chart. It aspects most of my planets, including my ascendant lord Moon. Elon Musk is a little similar to me. He has Moon square Saturn with a T square to Neptune. My Moon conjuncts Neptune and squares Saturn.

For others, Autism is uniqueness and difference personified.
For an autistic person, sometimes the most powerful therapy is just a pause.

Thank yo Tanit for sharing your story and uniqueness!

Ouranos
Blessings!

Remarkable right up! I do have a question related to this topic. I was born on March 18th and I'm a Pisces. Since reading about Pisces I've been fascinated with what I've found and it's almost described me to a T! I'm moody and indecisive. Wow! I've learned that Pisces have all possess traits of all the other signs!

This being the case, they tend to think deeper and have trouble sorting out their emotions. Having such deep thoughts tends to leave the Pisces vulnerable to emotional sensitivity. I've also learned that they are prone to distraction and dreams. Are they more susceptible to things like Aspergers, OCD, ADHD, or ASD? Are there any Pisces here that can say this might be accurate?

Pisces energy seems more sensitive in a sense that they might be a highly sensitive person (HSP) and/or can struggle with depression and things like addiction, especially to alcohol. HSP can be confused with autism because many autistics have sensory issues but it is not the same thing. I am being very general but I have seen the charts of enough people with strong Pisces energies to notice this happens. Obviously some autistics can still be highly emotional people but most psychologists would say we lack emotional expressions and can seem unfeeling or cold, meaning the opposite of emotional. Most of the autistic charts I look at lack or are deficient in water elements.

Autism is something a person is born with and it is hard to not notice when the person is a child but sometimes it can be ignored by a parent. Even as a baby, I was abnormal in my emotional expressions and communications. I was always serious and did not like anyone to be affectionate with me. My first word was "no" to being touched. I was also very sensitive to things like wrinkles in my blankets, etc. My mother knew right away I was "different" from my other three siblings. Psychologists are often skeptical of adults looking for a diagnosis and would be asking a lot of detail of their childhood experiences because that is when it is typically diagnosed and when it is going to be noticed. I don't think a natal chart is going to help diagnose someone but, as always, it can show things you struggle with.

Knightinte,
You seem to be showing up a Pisces trait... which is to identify yourself to other people's ailments! Don't worry, you are also unique!
And I don't want people to start believing that they feel like they are like Dan Akroyd, Susan Boyle, Daryl Hannah, Clay Marzo, Satoshi Sajiri or Tim Burton.

Tanit,
You are right! A chart can show things you struggle with rather than being a diagnostic to autism or any psychological behavior. You mention coldness in your relationships with Moon square Saturn but you know the characteristic that I have found it most revealing is 'puzzled'. In front of any emotion expressed, autistic people will start to dangle and sway (even physically) with a big question mark in their face 'Why do you say that?"
I worked with a colleague who was in the spectrum and if he had to speak during a conference call you could count on him to always say the truth and he would go at great length, before the call, over the 'procedures' to adopt during the call. That was not his forte but you could count on him to fix any technical loopholes. He was oftentimes asked to assist 'behind the scene' CEOs of important companies.
That is why for parents, it is important to approach ASD through physical activity, showing by example instead of reasoning or emotional responses.
Blessings!

Re: Astrology and Autism

Just wanted to give a kick to this older post.
The more I think about it, the Uranus/Neptune conjunction in Capricorn in the 90's might be the onset of mental health issues which is now at the forefront or our society with the current first waxing semi-square. And mental health in its wider term.
American sociologist Sherry Turkle thinks that the digital world means that more and more people are now living in an echo chamber.
Human beings are engaged in a process of Individualization (of which autism is just one example).
The whole idea is 'How do we live with the difference around us?' The old structures (Capricorn) are no longer reflecting the reality of the world we live in.

Ouranos
Blessings!