Updates to Mundane & Financial Forum Page

I have been incredibly busy lately both in work terms and astrologically as I have been researching and delivering numerous public talks. Things finally seem to be settling down so I have been giving thought in how to make this forum page more interesting for visitors.

One thought I have to to add some resources as stickies at the top of the forum.

Ideas I had were:

1 National charts. Displaying a page for the arguably the most important national charts. This is really aimed at those newer to mundane astrology not the diehards!
2 National charts for the USA. Updating research I did a while back.
3 Charts for stock markets across the world
4.National currrencies and the major cryptocurrencies

I also plan to make good on my promise some time back to open threads on key commodities like oil, and gold.

I am also closely following the development of the Chinese new digital currency known variously as the Digital Renminbi , Digital Yuan, e-Yuan, e-Renminbi, or Digital Currency Electronic Payment (DCEP ). I believe this new digital currency may eventually undermine the status of the US dollar as global fiat currency.

Please feel welcome to chip with feedback. What would you like to see added as a feature here?

Thanks

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Sat May 08, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hello Mark,
What a great idea to build resources like a Who's Who / What's What in our field.
For the Stock Market or Economic cycles, I was thinking to investigate resources regarding

- Economic Cycles
  • Lunar Cycle / Eclipses / Ingress / Retrogrades
    Kitchin Cycle (3 1/3 year)
    Martian Cycle (4 1/2 cycle)
    Juglar Cycle (9,225 year)
    Sunspot Cycle (11.094 year )
    McWhirter's North Node Cycle (18,6 years)
    Saturn transit the Galactic Center
    Kondratieff Wave
    Maxwell/Wheeler cultural-energy Cycle
    Civilization Cycle (500 years)
    Commodity Market Cycles (silver, gold, copper, aluminum, platinum, plant and animal)
    W. D. Gann Cycles
    The Jupiter/Saturn Cycle
    Outer planets cycles
- Relationship between the Elliott Wave (the graph charting the stocks) and Fibonacci numbers.
- House meanings for a Stock
----------------------------------------------------
No need to dig in at the core of each theory but just to be aware that there is an astrological literature on the subject.

"The statement that, “Millionaires don’t use astrology, billionaires do,??? is attributed to J. P Morgan. It’s repeated all the time, but I’ve never been able to find the source, or where this quote originally appeared. The oldest mention of it on GoogleBooks appears to be from Sydney Omarr in 1989 – over 75 years after Morgan was dead! Omarr was a Leo known for his dramatic flair, and I suspect that the “quote??? originated with him.JP Morgan

Omarr’s source material may have been Evangeline Adams’ 1926 autobiography, "The Bowl of Heaven", where she tells us that:

"I do know about the late J.P. Morgan’s belief in astrology, because – well, because I taught it to him. I read his horoscope many times, and furnished him during the last years of his life a regular service, explaining the changing position of the planets and their probable effect on politics, business, and the stock market. No further proof of his interest in the science is required beyond the fact that he renewed this service from year to year."

Karen Christino
https://karenchristino.com/evangeline-a ... astrology/

Thank you,
Ouranos
Last edited by Ouranos on Sun May 09, 2021 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:
For the Stock Market or Economic cycles, I was thinking to investigate resources regarding

- Economic Cycles
Lunar Cycle / Eclipses / Ingress / Retrogrades
Kondratieff Wave
Commodity Market Cycles (silver, gold, copper, aluminum, platinum, plant and animal)
W. D. Gann Cycles
The Jupiter/Saturn Cycle
Outer Planet Cycles
Fibonacci numbers.

- Relationship between the Elliott Wave (the graph charting the stocks) and Fibonacci numbers.
- House meanings for a Stock
Wow thats quite a list!

I am not half as experienced in financial astrology as I am in mundane. So there are clearly some significant gaps in my knowledge.However, I do have a degree of familiarity with several of the cycles you mention

In particular:

Lunar Cycle / Eclipses / Ingress / Retrogrades
Kondratieff Wave
W. D. Gann Cycles
The Jupiter/Saturn Cycle
Outer planet Cycles
Elliot Wave
Kondratieff Wave
Fibonacci numbers.

Commodity Market cycles are something I need to examine more. My particular interest at the moment is metals, especially gold and silver.

There are quite a few cycles you refer to I am not familiar with . But then financial analysts seem to have a particular genius for coming up with new cycles all the time!

ltural-energy Cycle

If you think any of the above are especially relevant perhaps you could explain further here with examples why or alternatively provide a link? From what I read the Juglar cycle is 7-11 years not 9,225?

I make no excuses that my main interest in long term cycles is primarily astrological. For example planetary cycles linked to stock market crises such as the Saturn Uranus, Mars-Uranus or Jupiter-Saturn.

I am also interested in longer term astrological cycles such as the Saros in relation to economic activity. Declination and heliocentric charts are other techniques that interest me.

I want to work with more specific foundational charts based on banks, currencies, stock markets etc and charts for incorporation and First trade of companies.

While I share your interest in longer terms trends I do need to acknowledge the astrologers who work with short term trends including day trading. They look to explore changing market trends with astrological factors such as the lunation cycle, lunar apogee/perigee, lunar declination, inner planets that ingress a new sign, planets moving retrograde/stationary /direct/, and aspects involving inner planets.

There is obviously far more. Its an enormous field and mind boggling topic!. To make this practical and manageable we all have to select where I passion lies and concentrate on that.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hello Mark,
As most of us, I am no expert either. Just curious on the subject.

Most of these cycles intros are explained on the Cycles Research Institute
https://cyclesresearchinstitute.org/cyc ... h/economy/
More specifically Economy on the left.

As for those not listed on the site above
This one is mentioned in Financial Astrology by David Williams who says that the Mars/Jupiter 4y 1/2 cycle is one of the most dependable market indicators known to analysts.
Also Thomas Rieder in Astrological Warnings & The Stock Market ties it to the synodic period of Mars. (the length of time elapsing between 2 successive conjunctions of Mars with the Sun, as seen from the Earth.) which is approximately 2 years, 3months and the Mars/Jupiter would be just twice the synodic period of Mars.

Article by Philip Sedgwick
http://www.philipsedgwick.com/Galactic/GalacticCtr.htm
Article by Evelyn Von Zuel
https://www.astromcouncil.com/single-po ... tic-center
Also on Skyscript
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... a127037318

This one on the Cycles Research Institute in the section Weather.
Combined with the Wheeler cultural curve, you will see that they match.
They go from warm-wet, warm-dry, cold-wet to cold dry.
The theory goes on to say that human energies increase during cool weather trends. Business booms come at the end of a cold cycle and the beginning of the warm wet cycle which follows.

This one is more in reference to Nostradamus. We went from ancient civilizations in Asia to the Middle East to Europe and finally to North America. Currently Europe and its offspring North America is at the end of its cycle and the next 500 years would belong back to Asia.

Of all these cycles, the one which currently seems to catch more attention is the W.D. Gann cycle of which Olga Morales seems to be the leading figure
http://www.astrologyforganntraders.com.au/about.html

No pressure on you Mark, you are already an encyclopedia of knowledge, I just wanted to point out some avenues of interest to expand our understanding with the Mundane and Economic Forum.

And I always go back to the simplified version
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/wealthaphorisms.html
and
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/wealthelect.html

Cheers!
Ouranos
Blessings!

trying again to post my comment that didn't go thru a few times yesterday...

still getting the

Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

message...

sent the full message to mark, but i see mark is busy...

Hi Mark,

1/ Well 'Good On Yah'

2/ I've thought about this Idea for several Days.

3/ I think there isn't enough Philosophy of Astrology done .....

I mean if the Neptune Pluto sextile has been running on and off since the late 1940s and continues till the late 2039s then That Structure has been a MASSIVE Influence ....

Because it gets the the Way of so so much else .......

Other Planets can hardly move without Bumping into That Structure .....

4/ Also Things like Spring tends to be +VE because Mercury and Venus will probably be passing thru their Homes, and Autumn -VE for the opposite reason.

5/ I think we should try to use some Horary too. Sparingly but as Final Backup ?

6/ I think Translations aren't watched enough, nor Receptions and the Likes.

7/ Then the Thorny Question of Vedic Ideas like Nakshastras. Khow a Nakshastra might effect a Planet is important.

Mula literally sucks the Life out Things.

H