Quesited and house of matter- Same planet

So I was trying to know about the well-being of my ex. We now live in different countries, and off late I have heard that in his country Corona strain is causing large numbers of hospitalizations and deaths.
So I put in a chart to know if all is well with him? and if he is alive is and well?
Now in this case, he is 7th house/venus, and he is in his own house. However 6th house owner of health is also venus. I had read somewhere one should check the dignity of the moon in the case where querent and quesited are represented by the same planet. However here the matter is regarding the ex and his health, so should the dignity of moon be given heed? Moon is in scorpio, not his best place to be though.
Please advise
https://i.postimg.cc/cJwcPNGj/Ex.jpg
Regards

Hello Ashwsh,
I would say your ex is OK.
Health is the 1st House(turned 7th) - Disease is the 6th(turned 12th)
Venus in Taurus (Ruler) Angular and Fast shows a strong position but limited.
Limited by being under the Beams, the Sun ruling his 4th (confinement) and past the square to Saturn in his 9th (abroad) and limited in his social interactions. Adding that Saturn is in the Nodal degree (I use the Mean Node which is at 12Gem40).
From what we know, the square between Saturn and Uranus in June and last in December tells us that we will navigate in this pandemic until the end of this year.
The Moon in Fall in Scorpio (Detriment of Venus) in the Face of Venus and Venus is in the Exaltation of the Moon and last square Jupiter in Aquarius indicates that he will be facing upcoming changes but with a limited impact.
With Jupiter in his 10th ruling the 8th and 11th, It will be difficult to get anything done or to advance in his career. He will need to confront (square) financial issues where he can go over his budget to maintain his status.

But overall, to answer your question, he is OK.

Cheers!
Ouranos
Blessings!

I cannot remember the source but I do remember reading before that when a person and the matter at hand are the same planet, there is an emphasis on those two being connected in some way. In difficult matters, such as illness or death, I remember it not being considered a good sign because the person and the negative matter are as one, but as always you look at the big picture of the chart. In career charts I have read before that it can be favorable and I have seen a few charts with positive outcomes where that happened.

In general, when assessing the health of someone, the 1st house/lord are going to tell you the state of their health but classically the Moon and Sun were also looked at because the Sun and Moon are both associated with our life force. The 6th just describes potential diseases (mental, physical or spiritual) that is already being indicated by the quality of the 1st house/lord/Sun/Moon. For example, if the 1st lord, Sun and Moon are not afflicted and apply to benefics, that shows either good health or overcoming an illness. If the 1st lord is very strong and free of affliction and the 1st house is unaffiliated, that is a strong indication of good health or overcoming disease. Sometimes illness can even be indicated without the 6th house being involved, just due to significators being very weak and afflicted. Modern astrologers put a lot of emphasis on the 6th house but it isn't the only thing to analyze.

As Ouranos pointed out, one big issue is the ascendant lord strong but square the greater malefic Saturn (afflicted), the Moon also is within orb of a separating square to Saturn and opposes the ascendant lord of the quesited. Again, the 1st lords not only the physical state but also the state of our mental and spiritual health.

If you are wondering if someone is going through a tough time, you could also just turn to their natal chart and analyze their transits, profections and progressions. Anything seen in horary is likely to just be a superficial capture of something more deep in the natal chart regarding such things.

Have you tried just reaching out to him? Even if he is healthy, Venus-Saturn square could probably use a phone call from someone who cares about their well being?

OMG..you all are so good here, I'm in complete awe of what you have read here. Thank you so very much
Can you recommend some books for me to read. I get completely confused somedays. Books with good examples can really help me.
I do have Ema Kurent's book (Your Ultimate Horary Textbook), but few concepts like 'the translation of light' I still find them confusing.

Thank you
Regards

So here is another example of the chart that I was trying to put in place for a new job. My current job neither pays me well or excites me, so I looking for a change.
I have started to apply for jobs outside but the process is slow as I am not sure how many leads are hot etc. I have activated the small network I have for any openings.
Moon does seem void, so maybe I'm not going anywhere soon. But the ascendant here and the 10th house ruler for new job, both are Mercury. Moon is not strong either. So maybe no luck for now?
But I remember one of the posts above said, in terms of career having the same planet rule is fortunate..correct?
https://i.postimg.cc/G3fs6mCF/new-job.jpg
Regards

ashwsh wrote:So here is another example of the chart that I was trying to put in place for a new job. My current job neither pays me well or excites me, so I looking for a change.
I have started to apply for jobs outside but the process is slow as I am not sure how many leads are hot etc. I have activated the small network I have for any openings.
Moon does seem void, so maybe I'm not going anywhere soon. But the ascendant here and the 10th house ruler for new job, both are Mercury. Moon is not strong either. So maybe no luck for now?
But I remember one of the posts above said, in terms of career having the same planet rule is fortunate..correct?
https://i.postimg.cc/G3fs6mCF/new-job.jpg
Bonatti says this is fortunate only if that planet is received by its domicile or exaltation lord, I'd add except when it is lording itself, of course. https://tonylouis.wordpress.com/2017/11 ... ed-castle/

I agree with Tanit about the quesited and querent sharing some sort of agreement / connection. That's my feeling, too.

So, your Mercury is strong overall, though slow - not sure, you might wish to consult the ephemeris. Regardless, it is the Moon's testimony that should be heeded first. Lilly and Bonatti et al say it is much better the Moon is fortunate and the ascendant lord is not, than the vice versa. If the ascendant lord doesn't do much but the Moon goes well, then all still can go well. But if the Moon doesn't go well, and only the ascendant lord does fine, then the matter still would not end well.

Moon is not void. It has to change sign to perfect the aspect but it is well within orb, so most traditional teachers including Lilly would not call it void. The opposition happens in weak houses without strong reception.

Overall, I don't think this chart promises a lot. Opposition is at best many difficulties, at worst regrets, even when it is with reception and between strong planets. Here Moon is quite weak and Jupiter is accidentally placed in a weak house. But I can sense changes coming. Late Moon. Mutable angles. Mercury will go retrograde. Sun is late, too. It doesn't seem like a stable situation. I suggest you look at your natal and returns / progressions / transits.

Amelia

oh no :-(..I really want to move out to a new job..it is frustrating to get paid peanuts and no appreciation. I'm working day and night, yet nothing.
I will keep trying, hopefully one day something will click :-)
Thank you so very much for your inputs.
Regards

Yes, the thing is to keep trying. One thing I have noticed about career charts is that effort DOES matter. An applying aspect from Moon to a Benefic is something to work on - I won't say it will be easy - but an applying aspect is still an applying aspect. There will be opportunities ahead. Just take the chart as advice to work strenuously towards it and be careful when you evaluate the opportunities (opposition often indicates regrets).

In life not very much comes easy. So take heart and beat on!

All the best,
Amelia

Your sigificator is the Moon, and she should be connected with the job's
Mercury.

Without this connection there will be no job for you, when the circumstan-
ces remain as they are now.

Possibly the application of the Moon to the square of the Sun, lord of the 12th
in the 9th, could give some hints for those changes in the circumstances.