Rental chart with outcome: fixed stars and mutual reception

My best friend was told to move out by her landlord a few weeks before, wanted to cast a horary chart to see "How things would go".

Something got to me in that moment and I quite sternly told her to do her homework and wait until she has found some real options to seek divination.

Yesterday, my best friend asked me to cast a chart on a house she found attractive from photos. After some back and forth I understood her question to be:

Is this house I just found a good rent or should I keep other options open? [edited 28 April for clarity -A]
I used the Ascendant vs Descendant method and told her:

Go for this house you already like as opposed to the other houses (Moon & Ascendant Lord Venus in mutual reception. Venus leaving the Beams. Venus dignified in Taurus. Mars the Descendant Lord which represents other houses being less fortunate). Make it quick (Cardinal angles). The landlord will agree to a discount (MC the price conjunct Sirius. Moon lording 10th in the Ascendant in strong mutual reception with strong Venus). She's gonna love you and you're gonna love her. And the house. This is a fortunate deal and nothing is in your way (Moon trine Jupiter with strong reception, Moon conjunct Spica)

Outcome
Today she came back and said, "I signed the deal. Fell in love with the house the moment I saw it, got my discount. Everything was silky smooth. Landlord and I got on like a house on fire."

"So smooth I can't believe it."

So I think horary is true, but first there has to be a real question at hand. As our hostess Miss Deb said, this is the only consideration before judgment that really decides whether a chart should be read:
https://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_questions.html

A clear chart, in return, rewards a clear intention and validates the question.

Amelia
Last edited by AmeliaS on Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Good lesson to remember Amelia! Thank you!
Always good to go back to the basics and it is true that a very clear question will bring up a clear chart.
Many horary astrologers have said that Spica in the Via Combusta is a safe haven in the fog.

Thank you for sharing!
Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote: Many horary astrologers have said that Spica in the Via Combusta is a safe haven in the fog.
Thanks for this, Ouranos. This is true, seeing quite literally she found a haven / shelter / home.

Sorry, I am a little confused. Are you using the ascendant versus descendant method meaning the ascendant is the current location and descendant the new location? So was the landlord negotiation at the current location? I admit I am tired but it isn't clear to me what happened versus what the chart is saying.

Tanit3333 wrote:Sorry, I am a little confused. Are you using the ascendant versus descendant method meaning the ascendant is the current location and descendant the new location? So was the landlord negotiation at the current location? I admit I am tired but it isn't clear to me what happened versus what the chart is saying.
The question is:

Is this house I just found a good rent or should I keep the other options open?

I gave the Ascendant to the house she just found and the Descendant to other options (other houses).

If Tanit is confused then the onus must be mine. Let me elaborate on the situation.

The current home wasn't an option - she was being kicked out. At the time of the question, the Querent had two options in mind (A) a new house she just found; and (B) some other houses.

She already favoured (A) and wondered if she should go ahead with (A) quickly, or wait until (B) had played out some more. Let me add that she already knew that the other houses could be problematic because the landlords didn't like that she had a cat although willing to negotiate. Moon being in the sign of Descendant Lord Mars's detriment notwithstanding the trine might be saying something about this.

Thank you for clarifying. I normally give the ascendant to the current location, so that was why I was confused. It just goes to show that the technique chosen before asking the question makes a big difference in how the chart is properly interpreted!

Wade Caves did this method for me before and it worked well, so I always give the ascendant to the current location like he does.

running in again to thank you for the analysis on all these topics outside of love and career. I dont mind the love and career ones but I just learn so much from these others!
Thank you!
WJ

Happy learning, WJ, to all of us!

I should add that the cardinal angles and Moon turned out to be key and I was right to tell my friend to make haste. The landlord just told my friend he had had another offer, a better one actually, but the person who had made that offer hadn't turned up the day he was supposed to meet with the landlord and the landlord had thought him "unreliable". My friend (the querent) came into picture just in time because the higher bidder was actually seeking to meet with the landlord again.

Amelia

AmeliaS,

Besides the good ending for your friend, I am curious to see how the square to Pluto played out in the picture.
Using modern rulerships, with Pluto in the 4th, was there a problem with the plumbing or the basement in the house?
And Pluto ruling the 2nd House, was there a caution like a deposit required by the landlord or something suggesting a pay back of sort?

Thank you,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:AmeliaS,

Besides the good ending for your friend, I am curious to see how the square to Pluto played out in the picture.
Using modern rulerships, with Pluto in the 4th, was there a problem with the plumbing or the basement in the house?
And Pluto ruling the 2nd House, was there a caution like a deposit required by the landlord or something suggesting a pay back of sort?

Thank you,
Ouranos
Hello, Ouranos, you are right: the washing machine had a broken door, and the current tenant didn't even report it! When my friend (the querent) asked the tenant if she had reported this to the landlord, she had said yes - it turned out she hadn't. The landlord didn't know, and probably wouldn't if my friend didn't bring it up. The landlord promised my friend to sort it out with the current tenant before my friend moves in.

I'd update if there were further problems.

Deposit: the law required 2-3 months, but my friend offered 8 months in exchange for a discount. It is quite a bit of money for her.

Amelia

Thank you AmeliaS!
And Pluto was stationary about to turn Retro in the Term of Mars being in Cancer (Fall). Not only was the washing machine broken but the landlord is also breaking the law! :sg
Anyway, Pluto was claiming his due but your friend had a happy ending with her new home.

Blessings,
Ouranos
Blessings!