happy easter!

happy easter to the folks at skyscript!

i was intrigued enough by a few comments of support for a post zosma had made on the 'how to deal with pluto' thread that i wanted to discuss this more...it really qualifies as a post for the philosophy section perhaps, but there is some astro here too..
Zosma wrote:All the great astrologers of old believed in God, in fact the three great religions
transmitted astrology down through the ages.& if it was not for Judaism Islam & Christianity in a funny sort of way there would be no Astrology today.
Because of our loss of connection to God modern astrology practices Idolatry .
Not in that we worship the planets but in that we worship ourselves & our own Power to influence our lives. The bible makes clear the consequences of idolatry in that we become like what we worship & become deaf & blind to true Spiritual truth.
as i understand it the most important event in the christian calendar is easter.... it seems that not only is the timing for this event about the symbolic connection of sun moving into the sign aries, but also the lunar calendar is engaged.. in other words it is completely infused with astrology - astronomy.. easter sunday always happens after the first full moon ( tropical zodiac) after the sun has entered aries.... so it seems to me the church fathers were very much in tune with the planets movements - sun and moon cycle in particular...

i think the beauty of symbolism is it can be read a few different ways and it is not special to any culture or religion either.. of course the opposite is a case of literal-ism acting as a replacement where religious views are read literally and everything said in the holy books has to be taken in some fundamental manner.. or worse, people turn to science as a new type of religion to replace the religious perspective that people have had since the beginning of time...

no one can really know or judge others for what they do or don't believe in.. only god can know that.. but this hasn't stopped all the wars - holy, or unholy or whatever... i think my own curiousity about the mysteries of life is the basis for being more humble and not really knowing much about anything... it doesn't stop me from appreciating the amazing world i witness however... and i prefer to skip with the labels and categorizing that is so prevalent today in a world that seems to be taken over more and more with literalists!

happy easter either way!