New free horary software

Hi there,

I want to introduce you a horary astrology software which will be free for use at least for a couple of months. It is now used mostly in my astro-school by students, but I want to share the link with you

I will not explain a lot - just show you picture and give you a link

the link: https://astro-wiki.org/ChartNewEng/
Last edited by markrusborn on Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My best,
Mark Rusborn

Qualified horary craftsman.

Hi there,

I like the interface, very minimalist! :)

My only complaint, as programmer myself, is that it takes a few seconds to generate the charts. In the long term, it may impose a penalty on your server.

I also have an online charts application (http://apps.flatangle.com/Charts/). It takes quite less time to generate the images (about 200 ms), because instead of generating the entire page on the server, I only send an AJAX response with the ephemeris data, and then do everything in Javascript client-side. It is scalable in the long term, and it allows me to free my server to other services.

Jo?o Ventura

nice-minimalistic

A very nice piece of web-based astrology software but for a complete horary practice some relevant things are missing, i.e. a different kind of horary indicators, although available with acceptable features it's not enough for my horary analysis!

Hello Mark,

Congratulations and thanks, it is a useful interface indeed. Speaking about what else one would like to see in the chart: a dignities table of the planets would also be useful, and to know what house system is used (although it would even be nicer to be able to choose it :-) ).

Cheers

Iris

Thanks, Iris, for your reply.

Instead of dignity table I use "analysis" section where dignities of chosen significators are indicated.

Regarding house system preference - yes, you are right. In the next version I will ask programmers to embed house system drop-down menu

By default Regiomontanus system is used according classical tradition.
My best,
Mark Rusborn

Qualified horary craftsman.