Joined: 28 Mar 2020
|Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:08 pm Post subject: Uranus/Pluto cycle - Computers and Artificial Intelligence
|Uranus/Pluto Cycle 139 years 1965-2104
Conjunction: 1961-1970 (Exact 1965-1966)
First Square: 2009-2020 (Exact in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Associated events: Black Civil Rights, Women's Rights, Anti-war protests and computers. This post forcus on computers.
Since the first data transfer network (DARPA) created in the 60's in US and the first message sent from UCLA to the MIT in 1969 (Uranus-Pluto in Virgo), we saw the first man on the Moon and the emergence of the Internet which have brought breakthroughs and tidal-waves of changes in science and the world we live in today.
With Artificial Intelligence, Human beings are no longer the customer, they have become the product.
I like to call this conjunction 'Creative transformation'. In scientific circles, they call Artificial Intelligence 'Creative destruction'.
In the last 20 years, when Uranus made its first square to Pluto, more technologies were created than in the whole 20th Century. This progression refers to Moore's Law (founder of Intel) that we can expect the speed and capacity of our computers to increase every couple of years.
To better illustrate this phenomenon, let's say you have one drop of water doubled every second and the result doubled every second. How long will it take to flood a stadium? The answer is 49 seconds. And after 45 seconds, the water covers only 7% of the stadium... meaning that the last 4 seconds are exponential.
George Orwell said that his book '1984' was not a novel on totalitarism but a warning. And the potential for eugenism, which is called 'transhumanism' in what Orwell called the 'newspeak'. You start with the 'Ministry of War' which becomes the 'Ministry of Army' and finally the 'Ministry of Defense'.
As of today, we see that US is the leader in Artificial Intelligence, China copies and Europe is regulating.
- 2015 Google program learned 49 Atari games and was able to defeat any human beings.
- Deep Blue became the Chess Master and overthrown the Grandmaster Vladimir Kramnik in 2006.
- Cognitive Cooking with Chef Watson, an IBM program who created 65 original recipes that you can buy on Amazon with 3 Michelin stars.
- EMI from IBM, a program that is able to compose like Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and was able to fool the experts.
- The Mayo Clinic is using near-real-time data feeds from electronic medical record and the intensive care unit (METRIC) datamart has developed and tested a number of highly sensitive and specific electronic alerts (sniffers).
- Robots can perform surgeries with the surgeon connected remotely. It is only a matter of time before there is an instruction manual available in the future.
- Pilotless aircraft will be built, perhaps in production by 2040. ... are hoping that pilot augmentation technology will significantly reduce pilot skill.
- Synthetic biology with 3D Printers will be able to copy human organs and donors will no longer be needed.
- Mattersight (a Voice Recognition Program) helps premier brands have better conversations with their customers with transformative contact center technology.
- Match.com and eHarmony websites are using Artificial Intelligence to match people.
- Turbo Tax, TaxAct, Free TaxUSA, H&R Block are all automatized programs to perform what used to be the niche of accountants.
- Police officers in Memphis, LA, NY, Atlanta get in their car and they have a map with 'hot spots' where a crime is likely to happen based on the most recent informations gathered on emails and social medias.
When technology goes astray
- The Facebook–Cambridge Analytica data scandal concerned the obtaining of the personal data of millions of Facebook users without their consent by British consulting firm Cambridge Analytica, predominantly to be used for political advertising. ... The app harvested the data of up to 87 million Facebook profiles and it was used in the election of Donald Trump. What is less known is that it was first used by Barack Obama in 2012 to send billions of emails.
- "Advertising is essential to keep the web open to everyone, but the web ecosystem is at risk if data privacy practices are no longer aligned with expectations." Chetna Bindra, Product Director at Google
To what extent?
Brussels MEPs voted for the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which guarantees users certain rights over their data (how they are collected and used, for commercial purposes or not).
California has followed suit with the old continent with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), a similar text that has been in force for over a year
- The Boeing 737 MAX passenger airliner was grounded worldwide between March 2019 and December 2020 - longer in many jurisdictions - after 346 people died in two crashes, Lion Air Flight 610 on October 29, 2018 and Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 on March 10, 2019... with pilots not being able to restore the system manually.
- In 2013, it was discovered that Google Street View had collected and stored payload data from unencrypted Wi-Fi connections as part of Street View.
- The Cloud is just an easier way for Google to spy on our data.
- In 2017, Facebook launched 2 chatbots (a computer program that simulates human conversation through voice commands or text chats or both). They had to be deactivated 16 hours later because they started to exchange in a coded language and they were becoming racist and misogynist... all things they got by exchanging with human beings!
- They say that when the machines learn all the human processes, AI will reach superhuman levels of intelligence in what they call AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) and be able to 'create' a new consciousness and come forth with a 'Singularity'. When this happens, computers will have access to ALL human knowledge, more it will create knowledge.
- In 2015, in Puerto Rico, half of the scientists said that 'The Singularity' will happen before 2055. Two years later, they said by 2047. The Uranus/Pluto opposition will happen in 2046-2048.
- In 2014, a company in Hong Kong elected an algorithm to its Board of Directors. What better than having a computer holding all the information on the company and able to make projections on questions raised by other members of the Board.
- Google has a new branch, a company called California Life Company (Calico) with one goal: Extend human life before 2035.
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin in a 1925 essay 'L'hominisation' talked about humanity reaching the 'noosphère', from Greek noo-, combining form of nóos, contracted noûs "mind, intellect" or 'The sphere of human consciousness and mental activity especially in regard to its influence on the biosphere and in relation to evolution'.
The Future of Astrology
What is Astrology waiting for? The Great Conjunction of Jupiter/Saturn in Aquarius squares Uranus in Taurus tells us it's time for astrologers to embark in new technologies.
How would you like to invite the Babylonians, the Greeks, Romans, Arabs and Indian astrologers at your table with a program able to analyze all the literature published and provide an answer from a database of thousands of similar cases, tested. Chart rectifications would be done in a few clicks.
When Quantum computers (information travelling at the speed of light) become the norm, passwords will be obsolete. They perform calculations based on the probability of an object's state before it is measured - instead of just 1s or 0s - which means they have the potential to process exponentially more data compared to classical computers.
This morning, I was reading that China has now 75% of his population connected to the Internet. By facial recognition or fingerprints.
An astrology program equipped with Artificial Intelligence seems to be the next step for Astrology.
This article was inspired after reading ''Imortal'' from Portuguese author Jose Rodrigues dos Santos and my own understanding of the Uranus/Pluto cycle.
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group