Time Sensitive Request: Should I do this Media Inquiry?

Hi Team,

Wondering if you can help me with a chart I just cast. The chart is radical, the ascendent matches the hour ruler, and I'm so stuck on what to do. I'm leaning towards a no, but I'm also super nervous and know that I like won't be reading the chart to the best of my ability. And it's slightly time sensitive given that I need to connect back with them today.

The question is should I do this media request or any media commentary going forward? I've received quite a few requests lately and I feel like I should be utilizing the space and the interest but also I don't have media training and I know how poorly these things can go.

Something else is bothering me, I feel like a friend of my constantly tries to talk me out of it, and it's frustrating me now and I don't know if he's doing it from a good place or not.

Thoughts:

Immediately I see that I'm L1, retrograde and I don't have any dignity in Aquarius. That already puts me in a bad position. My L3 around communication, and commentary is the Sun and its sitting in Aquarius as well which is in detriment, and so that also tells me that maybe I shouldn't do this.

What I find interesting, is that the interviewer or reporter would be represented my L7 which is the same as my friend in L11, Jupiter. Jupiter is term but I can't help but notice that it's combust due to my L3, communication.

For the reporter, I don't know if this symbolizes me wanting to turn the interview down? But for my friend, something about me putting myself out there isn't sitting well with him.

The moon (face) also doesn't aspect Jupiter, because it's upcoming aspect is L8 & L9, and his communication L3, which is Saturn. Saturn rules the house of higher learning and travel so and the media request is for my connecting to my home country and how they are being neglected in the narrative of travel bans, while there hasn't been a travel ban to areas where predominately white people go for the same reasons.

The NN is aspecting the ascendent which is incredibly positive but I don't think it makes up for the negatives I'm seeing in the chart.

All in all, I believe that commentary isn't necessarily for me and I should better spend my time writing actually pieces where I can control the narrative. In the meantime, be careful of this friend.

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Thank you!
WJ

Mercury applying to combustion and retrograde in the 10th your house of public engagement answered the question. Being either combust or retrograde may be OK, but a combo like this I don't think is easy to work around, especially with Sun being so malefic in his detriment. You'd likely have been misunderstood, to say the least.

The Moon's next aspect is also combust. Combustion is "Hidden" from the eye of the public, which is never a good thing in public engagement. Your worries about your narrative being twisted were probably legit even if nobody intended that to happen. Saturn receives Moon by exaltation, so I think the journalists are genuine.

Mercury actually likes being in Aquarius, in addition to being the triplicity ruler. Bonatti considers a natal Mercury "strong" in Capri and Aqua especially if it aspects Saturn. See 146 considerations. He says the native has profound and accurate understanding of some issues. I think essentially you are very capable, and the interview probably has something to do with matters concerning humanity? This might be minor and quite beside the immediate question given the accidental debilities Mercury is suffering, but worth pointing out.

The chart is very descriptive, with Mercury lording the ascendant, the emphasised 9th and 10th, and all the Aqua. I think this shows that the question is rooted, genuine, timely, and personal. Some astrologers do not judge any chart with a combust ascendant lord; they think the question is muddy and the querent doesn't know what he's asking. But in your case I think it's quite safe to say the chart is radical.

Amelia
Last edited by AmeliaS on Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for providing your perspective. I've been so stressed out all day about it. I'm going to cancel the meeting immediately. My instincts keep telling me no, not this time because when providing commentary its very hard to control the narrative, versus speaking on tv or on a panel or something. I also ran into an issue of doing media for a big organization the other day and they completely cut out my strong insights and reduced me to nothing basically.

Yes, it is humanity!!! I'm essentially calling out the media for being racist and putting too much focus towards one particular set of people and excluding others and then I'm speaking to how policy during Covid isn't inequitable both globally and locally. I think my insights are very very strong on this front and I have a lot of nuance, but I'm learning very quickly that commentary is an easy way to have things get away from you.

Combustion from the sun which rules my L3, so what does that mean in real life that its hidden from the public eye? I guess that isn't that relevant though.

My friend, L11, is Jupiter as well, and is combust from my L3, communication, what gives here. My instincts are again saying something is wrong here.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help. I was so stressed out over it.
Thank you!
WJ