Can a planet in domicile be disposited by another planet?

I got a question on the topic "dispositors in natal astrology".

First of all, i read on the forum:
"I do not consider a planet able to dispose without a ptolemaic aspect."
(http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/posting.p ... te&p=69291)

Now, I wonder about the implications of that statement.

I am trying to find out if a planet that has much essential dignity can be disposed of by an aspecting planet which has lesser dignity if it was located in that sign.

For example, if Mars is located in 29 degrees of scorpio and Saturn is located in 29 degrees of capricorn, Mars is aspecting Saturn. Moreover, Saturn would be the bound lord of Mars. But i am not sure if Saturn has any ability to rule over Mars because Mars itself is in domicile and in triplicity. In other words, Mars has more dignity in that sign than Saturn if Saturn was located in 29 degrees of scorpio.

What happens if, in an other example, Venus in Taurus is aspecting the Moon? In a night chart, the Moon would be the triplicity lord and also the exaltation lord of Venus. However, Venus is the domicile lord. Does, in that example, the Moon have any power over Venus?

Could you give me some advice on this, please?

Hello FatedWayfarer. While it is true Moon has a higher Lilly's planetary score than Venus in your example, I have not encountered any astrologer that would theorise this as "overpowering".

If you mean if Moon somehow "subverts" Venus and strips Venus of her power I do not think so. We better say here Venus and Moon have a mutual obligation to each other. Moon must look after Venus as both the exaltation lord and triplicity lord. Venus must look after Moon as the house lord.

It would actually look like Moon has a stronger obligation here!

Of course, in your configuration Moon is even stronger than Venus. So, say in a horary chart, Moon maybe have more power or skill to act.

Dorotheus, Porphyry and the likes talked about which planet overpowers which in an aspect, but this has to do with primary/secondary motion, i.e. which planet is on the right-hand-side of the other. It's nothing to do with dignity.

This seems to be of some significance in natal analysis. At least Dorotheus makes the distinction:
If Jupiter is in quartile of Mars and is overpowering it, he will be noble, steadfast, compassionate, and some of them will be honoured for aid in the houses of kings [and will be] well known in the house[s] of the kingdom, and some of them will control the work of the king, and their status will increase high up, but they will spoil their fathers' property and be worried by the matter of children, that they will have few children.

But if Mars is overpowering Jupiter, then it will make them quick in seeking their livelihoods, and he will be in this feeble-minded, tiresome, fatigued, and slander and quarrel[s] with men will reach him because of [his] work for the government.

(Dorotheus, Carmen Astrologium, Book 2, Chapter 15, trans. David Pingree)

Amelia

Re: Can a planet in domicile be disposited by another planet

FatedWayfarer wrote:
I am trying to find out if a planet that has much essential dignity can be disposed of by an aspecting planet which has lesser dignity if it was located in that sign.

For example, if Mars is located in 29 degrees of scorpio and Saturn is located in 29 degrees of capricorn, Mars is aspecting Saturn.
Hello FatedWayfarer,

there are two constellations, that must be distinguished:
The state of a planet being a dispositor, and the state of Reception.

Saturn is in his own house/sign, and would be the dispositor of ervery other planet in one of his two houses/signs, Capricorn or Aquarius, and this independently of his own actual position in the chart, and even if that other planet was in those two signs in one or more of his own dignities.

As Mars is in the terms of Saturn, he is received by Saturn, but Saturn is not the Dispositor of Mars.

Reception does not mean to be the dispositor of the received planet.

If Saturn was in Aries or Scoprio, then Mars was his dispositor.

Mars is in his own house/sign, and as Saturn is not in Aries or Scorpio, Mars is not his Dispositor.

But because Saturn is in the exaltation of Mars, he is received by Mars in his (Mars) exaltation.

And as Saturn receives Mars in his (Saturn) terms, and Mars receives Saturn in his (Mars) exaltation, this reception is named mutual reception.