Petr wrote:Delphic Oracle has a very well-equipped primary directions module that allows a variety of options. In contrast to the Morinus program, it allows the calculation of topocentric (Polich-Page)primary directions. The problem is when calculating zodiacal declination parallels, where the program sometimes fails.
I recommend eliminating some of the options in calculation to try to isolate the problem. In trigonometry, sometimes it doesn't make sense to measure certain angles (for instance the time of sunrise in January on the north pole).

When I wrote the module, I stuck in every possible combination to allow for as many options as possible, but the reality is that some options don't make sense with certain procedures.

So when you run into an error, try selecting only 1 direction type, 1 referrence frame (mundo, zodiaco), 1 key then select significators, promissors. The less the better, then you can isolate which direction is throwing the error.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

Re: Planetdance Primary Directions

astralwanderer wrote:Hi there - the Planetdance Ptolemaic Primary Directions module is quite limited at the moment. However I will be going back to redevelop it when time permits. I have been working on a number of other modules in recent months including the Hellenistic module, Ed Greek Horoscope.

You are welcome to download Jean's freeware and try all the options available at www.jcremers.com. The software is undergoing constant development and is worth looking at as a freeware option.
Thank you for the heads up. :D

Planetdance Primary Directions

Hi there - an early notice that I am due to update the Planetdance primary directions module in the next week or two. This will be a much better module, with many more features. As the date for release gets closer, I will post in this thread to let Planetdance users know about the new version.

Thanks. Ed
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

Planetdance Primary Directions

Hi Martin - thanks for your reply. Let me know if you have any feedback. It would be helpful to have your views. This has been a long time in the making, but I don't consider the module to be finished by any means. If there's any way that I can improve it or correct it let me know.

Best wishes. Ed
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

Ptolemaic Primary Directions

Hi Martin - you will find it as a separate module in the Horoscope-Classical Menu under Ptolemaic Primary Directions.

You can remove any unwanted planets using the Options menu, but the traditional modules that I code only include traditional planets.

Ed

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

Re: Ptolemaic Primary Directions

Thanks, Ed, I found it. I confess I can't make head or tail of the triwheel, but I see there is also a list function. Is it possible to (de)select moving/fixed points (= promissors/significators in the modern, less accurate sense), and to choose whether and how to include latitude? And what about directions through the terms?

(Direct) directions with the sun as significator seem to agree with my own calculations, but not those with the moon or angles as significators. I'm not sure why.
https://astrology.martingansten.com/