My last post was cut off yesterday when I was typing as suddenly there was a 403 error code (access to server denied), and there was no link to Skyscript. I thought maybe it would help to list the Solar Fire 5 steps for the 9th harmonic chart. The newer versions of Solar Fire might even have the choice of the ascendant of the return chart on the outer wheel.

Here's how the 9th harmonic chart is done in Version 5:

Highlight name of person on calculated chart list.
Choose return or ingress chart from the menu.
Set the date you want.
Check Current and Natal
Click on Advanced and Ingress
Then click on Options; new page comes up
Make sure that SUN is highhanded in left column
Type 9 in Harmonic Box

In the third column there are choices: current/nearest/next return
And how many returns?
Then click OK.

Then you can see the chart alone or choose to make it part of a bi-wheel or tri-wheel.

P.S. James, I just saw your message that was posted after I typed this, but couldn't post it. So I'll reply in another post.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Thank you, James. Are you able to place the ennead (or solar return) ascendant and degrees in the outer wheel? If not, I imagine such a choice can be made using the chart design feature. This is how that choice was made by Matthew Quellas in Solar Fire 5. Here is what Trump's ennead chart looks like for the present period. Note that the mean node gives a partile conjunction to the MC and natal Uranus. This is easier to see if the ennead planets and ascendant are in the outer wheel.

I planned to discuss this chart in light of what the San Francisco Chronicle called the 'Insurrection,' on January 6, but ran out of time. Transiting Rahu is the key to the entire chart, and the key as to whether Trump would remain as president. Hope to discuss this chart today, and why I didn't quite know what to make of this ennead chart prior to the election. (Cusp lines are the centers of houses, so house numbering is incorrect.)

Last edited by Therese Hamilton on Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

James wrote:
Do you know if donald bradley recommended any particular biwheel set ups?? thanks..
I suspect it would be like the bi-wheel Matthew Quellas designed for return charts which is the type of bi-wheel I use with the natal chart placed inside the ennead or solar return chart. Matthew was a devoted follower of the Fagan/Bradley sidereal school. Also if you have a copy of Jim Eshleman's Interpreting Solar Returns (1979), check his chart illustrations. The hand drawn charts have the natal chart inside and the return ascendant and planets in the outer wheel.

It's interesting to compare your chart of the single ennead to the bi-wheel and how important it is to have the natal chart pictured with the transiting return chart. It's visually more accurate to have the natal chart actually inside the return chart itself.

Thank you both Therese and James!
I got it now in SF with the Advanced options.
Also checked Precession correction. OK?
Question:
You have the Natal, the SR and the Enneads
With the Table of Lord and Sub Lord, which ones become preponderant?
Angular planets, Natal L1, SR L1, the progressed ASC or MC Lords, Nakshatra Lord?
What would you focus on in terms of priority?
Sorry if I have too many questions for you but when I get passionate about something, I want to go at the core of it.

Cheers!
Ouranos :D
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:
Also checked Precession correction. OK?
Only if you're calculating charts in the tropical zodiac.
Question:
You have the Natal, the SR and the Enneads
With the Table of Lord and Sub Lord, which ones become preponderant?
Angular planets, Natal L1, SR L1, the progressed ASC or MC Lords, Nakshatra Lord?
What would you focus on in terms of priority?[
It would be helpful if you would post the chart you are asking about. It's difficult to answer general questions.
Sorry if I have too many questions for you but when I get passionate about something, I want to go at the core of it.
I don't mind questions as long as I can understand what is being asked! I've been meaning to analyze President Trump's current ennead. That might help with your questions. I hope I'll finish that post tomorrow. I'll go through the process step-by-step. I illustrate principles best by example.

thanks therese

the biwheel chart you have posted Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:09 pm is the same as mine at Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:27 pm with the exception of the angles of the outer instead of the inner chart are used as the basis... thus the inner chart in your example has the angles shown as points... in my chart the reverse happens... i am not sure this matters much and yes, there may be a way to change that in solar fire 9, but it looks like it was default position in solar fire 5, as opposed to my chart which is default for solar fire 9...

i agree with you that it is easier to have the natal chart on the inside.. however in looking at solar return charts i have found it useful to look at it both ways...

thanks ouranos... as therese notes - precession is only when you are using tropical charts! i can't answer your other questions... cheers both - james

James wrote:
The biwheel chart you have posted Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:09 pm is the same as mine at Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:27 pm with the exception of the angles of the outer instead of the inner chart are used as the basis... thus the inner chart in your example has the angles shown as points... in my chart the reverse happens... i am not sure this matters much
Yes, the charts are the same. However, it matters a great deal if angles and cusps in the return chart are important. These are more easily seen if the return chart planets are seen as transits placed around the natal chart. The key chart is the solar return, not the natal chart. But both chart forms show the relationship of natal to solar return planets.
and yes, there may be a way to change that in solar fire 9, but it looks like it was default position in solar fire 5, as opposed to my chart which is default for solar fire 9...
The Solar Fire 5 default was the same as your posted chart. The chart I use was especially designed by Matthew Quellas for sidereal astrologers. This is the form that astrologers of the Fagan school use for return charts. Maybe the logic of this form would be more clearly seen if quadrant house cusps were used.

I'm sorry. I keep meeting time delays for posts I said I'd write.

hi therese,

thanks for your additional comments... so basically you are saying the solar return chart is more important then the natal chart for the year in question... do i have that correct?? the fact is the angles in the solar return chart are important, but they can be seen on either biwheel spread...

in fact, i would be curious for you to articulate the order of importance for all of it if you feel so inclined!!

to add to this discussion, the topic which have come up in the traditional astro literature of the importance of the profection lord and where it is placed is mirrored in dr. charaks work on solar returns where he puts great importance on the location of the muntha - profection lord - in the solar return chart... now, this is missing in all of our charts!! and of course the indian astrologers do different ascendants for these points too.. so the number of ways to look at the chart or charts is fairly complicated as there are a number of charts and ascendants one can look at, depending on what one wants to put in focus...

with this in mind i have been giving more thought to transits to the solar return chart as opposed to the once every 40 day transit chart - enneads... with this in mind, below is a chart for trumps 2020 return - krisnamurthi ayanamsa... the profection lord not on the chart is at 6 libra 57 - off trumps natal ascendant at 6 leo 57.. this puts the muntha in the 4th house of the solar return chart which has cancer rising using whole sign houses.. the basic theory is a 4th house placement for the muntha is not that favourable...

regarding this chart, the sun is transiting the 6th house - considered unfavourable.. the developing mars - saturn square are directly aspecting the muntha position or profection lord for the year via opposition and square - and both acknowledged parashara aspects here - mars to the 7th and saturn to the 10th house... the solar return 4/11 house ruler venus is conjunct the south node of the solar return chart and both are in the 6th house of the chart...the fact the yogakaraka mars is located in the 8th house of the solar return can't be considered favourable.. this same 8th house mars aspects the solar return and natal sun - ruler of the 2nd of the solar return chart...

well, the reason i was looking into this has to do with some stuff that came up in my life the past few weeks with sun transiting the 8th house of my solar return chart for this past year... i find the idea of using transit data to the solar return chart really interesting, although i haven't done it enough to know just how relevant it is... however if the enneads are going to be relevant - it is based off the same principle, but much more easy to examine as you don't have to generate 9th harmonic charts off the solar return chart!

anyway - please do give a list of what you think is the top priority when looking at the solar return chart to the natal chart.. i am curious how you or bradley prioritized this... and feel free to offer your comments on the idea of installing the profection lord or muntha into the solar return chart... in the example i have given here with trumps solar return muntha - saturn is making a 10th house square to it.. the moon is in it's 6th house and the sun is in its 8th house - all negative if we use the muntha as the starting point or ascendant to the data in the solar return chart.. cheers james

President Trump’s Inaugural Period Ennead

President Trumps current ennead which covers the inaugural period occurs on January 3, 2021 at 11:07:49 PM at his birth place of Jamaica, New York.

Right away we see that this is a very significant period of time for Trump since transiting (mean) Rahu is in the MC degree which is also the degree of natal Uranus. There are two other cuspal positions: Neptune on cusp 7 and Fortuna on cusp 5. When I first saw this chart, I was sure it was a chart that indicated Trump would remain as president. But using KP, I began to have questions. Rahu is no doubt the major transit for this period of 40 days. According to KP, Rahu manifests in three ways:

(1) Rahu’s sign lord, in this chart Venus is lord of Taurus. Venus is in the obscure ennead 4th house and has just passed natal Ketu and the Moon. At 17 minutes into Sagittarius, it’s the very beginning of a cycle, a planet in infancy.

(2) KP positions: Rahu’s mansion and sub placements are keys to the chart. Rahu is transiting a mansion (star) of Mars, the same mansion as natal Uranus. Where is Mars? In the radix Mars is powerful, conjunct Trump’s ascendant. But in the ennead using equal houses (cusps as centers of 30 degree houses), Mars is in the 8th house while radix ascendant and Mars are in the 12th, a position with no power. However the sub of Rahu is Rahu itself which takes us back to the 10th house and the potent conjunction of Rahu/MC/natal Uranus. I admit that this configuration had me puzzled until the events of January 6 of this year.

(3) The third way Rahu is said to manifest is via its actual house position, which is the ennead public 10th house.

In Trump’s natal chart Uranus-Rahu-Sun are in the 11th house using the Indian equal house system (cusps as centers of houses). Because the natal 11th house has come to the 10th ennead angle, this house is going to be very important for this 40 day period. Earlier historical meanings of the 11th house empathized patronage, alliance, truth, people you trust, and keeping promises. In the 10th ennead house, these areas of Trump’s life become public.

I believe we have seen the full manifestation of Rahu’s transit on natal Uranus in the events of January 6 when a mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capital building and made their way into the senate and house chambers as well as official offices. Unprecedented scenes of mayhem occurred in the hopes of halting the congressional voting aimed at certifying Biden’s victory. It's interesting that these pro-Trump supporters honestly believed they were acting for the principle of Truth, in support of the person they believed to be the rightful winner of the election.

Police response and other law enforcement was extremely slow. A friend told me that he saw a social media video where a police officer actually opened the barricade so Trump supporters could go through to the Capital building. Was Trump in on this carefully orchestrated event? Most likely, I believe he was. Apparently Trump was watching the event unfold on TV but did nothing to call in the National Guard. And finally he had to be coaxed to make a video telling his supporters that they were very ‘special’ but asking them to ‘go home.’

I think it’s quite possible that this unprecedented ‘insurrection’ was a Little boy’s tantrum at losing the presidency. If he cannot continue as president, the next best thing was to leave with an unforgettable dramatic show of support from his followers, his ‘special’ people who knew that he was the winner of the election. After all, for weeks Trump had told his followers that he won the election and endlessly tweeted “Stop the Steal.???

The invasion of the Capital is a mark in American history that can’t be forgotten: The infamous day of 6 January 2021 will go down in history, linked to Donald J. Trump forever. Infamous fame is better than no fame, perhaps. So this potent conjunction at the ennead MC/10th cusp represents an extreme public show of support for Trump as the relevant planets are in the natal 11th house.

As this 40 day ennead continues through the inauguaral period, we can expect continued public, even dramaic support for Trump, but if it’s the 11th natal house that is highlighted rather than the 10th (whole sign houses) Trump won’t continue at the highest level of government as president.

I offer this entire dramatic 11th house episode as evidence for the Indian equal house system rather than whole sign houses. Should Donald Trump continue as president on January 20, then we know that this Rahu transit of Uranus in Trump’s radix whole sign 10th house represents the overthrow of the Democratic government of America. (Or another extreme example, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are no longer alive.)

(To be continued, also inaugural enneads of Biden and Harris)
Last edited by Therese Hamilton on Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

President Trump’s Current Ennead (continued)

After analyzing the position of Rahu because of its partile conjunction to the MC and natal Uranus, the next thing I’d notice would be Neptune on the 7th cusp opposing the Moon above the horizon. Just considering the common view of Neptune as delusion or confusion, this fits Trump’s mental state very well since he cannot let go of his belief that he actually won the election. It’s become common especially since January 6 for columnists and others to question if Trump is even mentally fit to be president.

The President also suffers from delusions of grandeur. In part of a Twitter message last week posted by his social media director Trump said, "While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it's only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again!" In this message Trump still claimed that the 'facts' support his disagreement with the outcome of the election.

Using KP to look at the Moon, it’s in a mansion of Venus and sub of Jupiter. This repeats the importance of Venus at the IC/nadir, a personal area of the chart. The Moon’s sub is Jupiter in the Sun’s mansion in the 5th equal ennead house. The 5th is a benefic house, but Jupiter is in its fall and conjunct Saturn. Jupiter draws our attention to the 5th house stellium which includes the ennead ascendant lord, Sun. With so much emphasis on the 5th house, it seems that Trump’s children would play an important role in his life during this period. The Moon itself above the horizon suggests a personal life change during his period. The Moon has always represented change.

Neptune is in a mansion of Jupiter and sub of Mercury. Both these planets are in the benefic 5th house with Mercury in Jupiter’s sign. All these planets are in the Sun’s mansion, so support the Sun as ascendant lord. It would seem that no matter what the circumstances in Trump's life, his chilldren will be a strong supporting presence.

The Sun is in a Venus mansion which again points to Venus at the nadir. Transiting Venus at the IC/Nadir is in Ketu’s star and Ketu’s sub. Both natal and ennead Ketu are in the 4th house. So aside from Rahu at the MC and the activity it represents, the emphasis in this ennead is on the 4th and 5th houses and the president’s mental delusion shown by the opposition of the Moon to Neptune in the 1st house. The Fagan-Bradley school of astrology states that an angular Neptune in return charts invariably points to political failure.

(Next: Biden and Harris inaugural period enneads)
Last edited by Therese Hamilton on Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kamala Harris' Inaugural Period Ennead

I’ll begin with the inaugural period ennead of Kamala Harris. This is a complex chart and in some ways I can only guess at interpretation.

First we notice a double angular Sun which always draws attention to a person. The Sun above the ascendant draws highlights the Capricorn stellium of planets which are transiting Kamala’s 8th house. What does it mean that this 8th house emphasis is on the ennead ascendant for the person? We know that traditionally the 8th house is associated with death, and in Hellenistic astrology the 8th was called the idle place.

Taking another approach, in actual practice I’ve noticed that the 8th house is associated with restriction and conformity, and has to do with group involvement, especially in institutions such as hospitals, jails, religious institutions, schools and now perhaps the government. We know that in view of recent events security will be very tight for the inauguration.

Neither Kamala Harris or Joe Biden will have time alone without being surrounded by security forces as well as government officials and co-workers. Also as vice president of the United States Kamala Harris’ life will be restricted by the nature of representing the U.S. government and its actions. In other words: little personal freedom comes with the highest political positions.

The radix ascendant and Rahu are in the 6th ennead house. This is an unfortunate condition when the natal Sun is in the 10th in the ennead as the Sun and Ascendant are in a trine relationship. So this ennead highlights the natal grand trine in Kamala Harris’ birth chart: Asc-Rahu/Sun-Mercury/Saturn-MC. This is the most potent configuration in the radix chart. So the first things I note about this chart is the 8th house emphasis and the radix trine on the angles, with Sun on cusp 10.

I next note transiting Moon in the degree of the MC conjunct natal Neptune. How to interpret the Moon? The Moon is in Jupiter’s star, Mercury sub. These positions link directly to the first house, Kamala as a person. In this case the conjunction to Neptune may simply refer to Neptune as the lord of the radix 10th house. (I sometimes do use Neptune as a co-ruler of sidereal Pisces if the chart warrants it.)

Now the first house stellium of planets: Pluto, Mercury and Saturn are in the star of the Sun. The Sun is powerful having risen above the ascendant, so these planets support the Sun. Mercury is in its own sub, so this strengthens the first house. Kamala’s current Dasa is Rahu with Mercury bhukti.

Jupiter in the 1st house in the Moon’s star and sub. This links the person directly to the Moon at the MC. Taking a guess at ennead Mars conjunct the natal Moon at the nadir, this may relate to the activity and stress of changing residence and a new life pattern if Kamala is inaugurated as vice president.

The house system is important in return charts and needs a great deal of research. In this Harris ennead, equal cusps as house centers places the Sun in the 1st house. With whole sign houses the Sun is in the 12th which completely changes the interpretation of the chart. We’ll have to see how this 40 day period turns out for Kamala Harris.

As I’ve said before, work with ennead chart is on-going research. Except for meticulous mathematical research such as Linchi’s, astrology in its current state is hit and miss well flavored by personal opinion. I include my present work in this current category.

Joe Biden’s Inaugural Period Ennead

Like Kamala Harris’ ennead for this period, Biden’s 8th radix sign is on the ascendant, plus Pluto, Saturn and Jupiter are transiting the ennead 8th house. Similar to Kamala’s ennead the natal ascendant is in the 6th house.

I’m not going to say much about this chart except at first glance it doesn’t look like the chart of a person who will be inaugurated as president of the United States in this time period. Though the ascendant and Moon of this chart are conjunct Jupiter and Venus in the most common USA chart, (4 July 1776), this Gemini conjunction is Biden’s 8th house sign. (The USA Kelleher chart has Sagittarius rising, so Jupiter is the ascendant lord in that chart.)

True the approaching full Moon on the ascendant reflects the light of the Sun from the 7th but the Sun is below the horizon. In this chart there are no planets partile conjunct the Ascendant degree around the wheel. The Moon and ascendant are in Rahu’s star which is strong in the radix on the 10th cusp and conjunct the fixed star Regulus. But in the ennead Rahu is in the 12th house.

Neptune is at the MC transiting Jupiter’s mansion and Mercury’s sub. Jupiter has stellar strength in Biden’s natal chart (in the 9th in Cancer vargottama) but is badly placed in the ennead, in its fall in Capricorn in the 8th house. Mercury is the ascendant lord of the ennead and in a neutral 7th house position. (Though in India’s astrology Mercury in the 7th is its weakest house position.)

At this time using KP I’m not sure how to balance radix and ennead planets, so I’m going to wait to see how this ennead period turns out for Biden and Harris.

For interest I’m posting Biden’s quarter ennead chart (36th harmonic) which checks in on January 18. According to Donald Bradley this chart is important for ten days. This chart looks much more significant for the inaugural period with Biden’s radix ascendant, Sun and Venus conjunct the MC and Saturn rising in its own domicile along with a rising Sun. The MC planets are tightly tied in with the ascendant as they are in mansions of Jupiter (MC) and Saturn (Sun, Venus Saturn), both of which are conjunct the ascendant.

I’m out of time for today, so am posting these comments 'as is' without editing.
Last edited by Therese Hamilton on Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you Therese for your analysis.
I would like to add that Neptune influence at an old age oftentimes points to an obligatory passage with health or mental facilities. He did catch Covid but I would suggest him to have a full medical checkup during this Neptunian period.

Cheers!
Ouranos
Blessings!