Known outcome - Will we find a midwife?

Hello,
I found back an old chart in my boxes with a question asked Feb 29,1984 at 20h56 (EST)
"Are we going to find a midwife to be able to deliver at home?"

VenusL1 + Planetary Hour Moon both in 5th House of children = same Triplicity
Also given Venus, natural ruler of the womb (CA p. 75)
Moon VOC or is it?
Moon last over VenusL1 and last square MarsL7
Part of Marriage: 23Sag15 (I always use it in any 1st/7th question, not just for marriage)
-----------------------
L1 Venus is direct, oriental, airy, angular and fixed describing the teamwork and the fixity of the purpose.
Moon (co-ruler) Same as above
L7 Mars, strong in Scorpio is direct, oriental, watery, succedent and fixed. We are looking for the best in the class and Scorpio has to do with midwives.
Mercury in Detriment in Pisces in the 5th, combust describes the midwife(s)

Here is the deal as Joe Biden would say it. There is no application by traditional aspects between the ruler of the 1st and 7th.
1) But there is an aspect and for those interested, I would like you to find it
2) One can also argue that the Moon is within 30 degrees of a conjunction to Mercury which is a solid argument for the influence of the Moon in the next sign.
On a side note, the Moon is conjunct fixed star Sualocin in the constellation Delphinus of which Manilius says "The sea-dark Dolphin ascends from the Ocean to the heavens and emerges with its scales figured by stars, birth is given to children who will be equally at home on land and in the sea."
Good omen!

Thank you in advance for your response!
Ouranos
Blessings!

Hello Ouranos!

Thank you for posting a chart with an outcome.

Hmm, my best guess would be you reached out to a midwife, even hired her, but her service wasn't particularly satisfying.

L1 Venus is dignified by term, direct, somewhat capable to go after what she wants. As noted fixed signs can be persistent.

Venus-Saturn, with strong reception, with Saturn being L4 & L5 - this seems to say the Querent gave birth at home. Saturn is retrograde, though. The Querent might regret the decision and wish she had done it somewhere else?

The combust mercury in House 5 makes me think that there were hidden issues about the pregnancy the Querent wasn't aware of.

You gave L7 to the midwife while I would give her L6.

Midwife as L7:

Saturn intervened. Either there was delay or you dropped her entirely.

L1 Venus is dignified by term, L7 Mars by house, and they both have some strength. But they are applying for a square with mixed reception (Venus receives Mars by face and detriment).

Moon, though dignified by face, is just separating from an exact square with Mars. She receives Mars by fall.

I think this shows that the midwife is available. She might even be capable, but the contact hasn't been smooth and there were hiccups hiring her. You weren't too happy with the process.

Midwife as L6:

That would be Jupiter in her own fall in house 4, the Querent's home. Again she doesn't seem to be particularly capable in catering for your needs.

Let us know?

Cheers,
Amelia

Thank you Amelia for your input!
Here is how I read it back then. I never pursued horary until recently but in 1984, the only books I had were the ones by Ivy Jacobson and Barbara Watters And the answer to the question is a Yes.

The Moon last over VenusL1 in the 4th conjunct positive Fixed Star Sualocin in Delphinus constellation shows the pregnancy.
Moon last square MarsL7 - We had approached the best midwife in Montreal (Mars in Rulership), the one who was training other midwives and she could not commit to assist in the delivery because her mother had just passed away (Mars in her 8th conjunct Saturn Lord of her 10th). Mars is also conjunct Sinistra, a malevolent degree.
The last aspect the Moon makes before leaving Aquarius is a parallel to Mars. of which Jacobson says "It is as good as done now" and will bring the matter to perfection.
The Moon (also ruling the 10th of success) is applying by trine to "the Part of Marriage" in the 1st, which I use in 1st/7th matters showing both parties coming together.

Interesting that you mention the 6th House for the midwives but back then I looked at the 5th with Mercury and the Sun in Pisces and I still can't explain it by any rules.
2 midwives popped up and we quickly dismissed them for lack of experience or simply not feeling they were the right fit.
Finally, we met a midwife (Pisces, working as a nurse) and her assistant (Aquarius) who were willing to perform the delivery. Out of curiosity, I asked the Aquarian assistant her birthdate and birthtime and soon found out that she was also a Pisces!!!... 1 minute into Pisces. Suddenly, she was born into a new sign!
And that was a good sign, 2 midwives in a double-bodied sign!
Mercury in Pisces (Detriment) shows their status, they were not "legal", meaning they could be sued if anything happened and they never appeared in the legal papers. Also, they were almost useless as they arrived at the last minute only to cut the umbilical cord.

What I remember is how pressing the question was and even with the little knowledge I had in Horary, Gods were on our side!

Appreciate sharing with you as always!
Ouranos
Last edited by Ouranos on Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blessings!

Ouranos - wow! Thanks for all these details. Glad I wasn't too far off. Now I know exactly how the squares and the SaturnR panned out.

Pisces for two (illegal) midwives - this didn't occur to me though. How it fits! Thanks for letting us know.

Happy your child came out alright even though the nurses weren't much help.

Always lovely to read you,
Amelia