KP and Placidus Questions

Linchi, you have studied India's KP (Krishnamurti Padhdhati) system in the past, but don't use it now as you have your own more precise system. So I have some questions.

Did you ever study S.P. Khullar's work? What are the reasons that you decided not to practice the KP system?

Apparently you decided to keep the Placidus house system taken from KP? But your methods don't seem to have anything to do with houses? Do you even accept that houses exist and have specific meanings?

These questions interest me because I'm using the KP system to determine who is inaugurated as president in January in the United States. But I've rejected the Placidus house system for events. (Placidus may work in a psychological way.)
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Re: KP and Placidus Questions

Therese Hamilton wrote:Did you ever study S.P. Khullar's work? What are the reasons that you decided not to practice the KP system?
I did not study S.P. Khullar's work. After I discovered the higher harmonics, I had no more time for the KP system. The higher harmonics takes all my free time.
Apparently you decided to keep the Placidus house system taken from KP? But your methods don't seem to have anything to do with houses? Do you even accept that houses exist and have specific meanings?
In the past I used Placidius and whole sign houses. I do not use houses anymore. I only concentrate on the planet pictures. Depending on what I am researching, I only control the AS-DS-IC and MC and their rulers. I take AC and its ruler for the body or place of event in mundane astrology. DC and its ruler as partners, IC and MC axes and their rulers I take as parents. I also take the MC and his ruler for the career. At some point I also want to find out whether IC or MC represents the father. But I haven't come to that yet. I would also want to research the sublords with my system at some point, if I have the time.
These questions interest me because I'm using the KP system to determine who is inaugurated as president in January in the United States. But I've rejected the Placidus house system for events. (Placidus may work in a psychological way.)
I would use Placidus, because KP System has used Placidus with all possible events. If you use other houses system, the sublords will change. I don't know if you have experience with other house systems.

Trump has as Antar Dasa Saturn and as Pratyantar Dasa Venus. They are both Vargottama and they stand together in Rasi, Navamsa and Dasamsa. Venus is MC ruler.
I only see two problematic points:
a) Jupiter, Nakshatra ruler of Venus and Saturn, is standing in dasamsa in Capricorn.
b) Mars, sublord of Saturn, stands in Dasamsa 12th house.
I would rate Rahu, sublord of Jupiter, positively, because he is in the first house of Dasamsa. I don't know what the result would be if you would use other houses system than Placidus.
I also like Jaimini System, I have had good experience with it in the past.
https://archive.org/details/@cemalcicek

Linchi wrote:
I did not study S.P. Khullar's work. After I discovered the higher harmonics, I had no more time for the KP system. The higher harmonics takes all my free time.
Khullar has taken Krishnamurti’s work into further subs, five in all. I haven’t had time to check their accuracy. Khullar admits that he’s working with theories, and attempts to demonstrate their validity.
In the past I used Placidius and whole sign houses. I do not use houses anymore.
I wondered because Placidus is listed in all your chart illustrations.
At some point I also want to find out whether IC or MC represents the father.
Or the equal house points 90 degrees from the ascendant. I question the meanings of MC/IC, but haven’t done any controlled research on nonagesimal compared to MC.

Quote:
I would use Placidus, because KP System has used Placidus with all possible events.
KP and the Khullar system become very complex with Placidus cusps. There are too many houses ruled by the same planets. A while ago I asked Martin Gansten about why Krishnamurti used Placidus houses. Martin replied: “The Placidus bit is easy; he got it and other bits and pieces of western astrology (like aspect theory) from English astrology books...I suppose it appealed to him because it looked precise, difficult and ‘scientific.’???
(This is a direct quote from a hardcopy printout, but I neglected to note the Skyscript link. The date is 24 May 2012.)
Trump has as Antar Dasa Saturn and as Pratyantar Dasa Venus. They are both Vargottama and they stand together in Rasi, Navamsa and Dasamsa. Venus is MC ruler.
KP and Khullar don’t use the varga charts. The only varga chart I have seriously worked with is the navamsa. I have no opinion on the others. In my current and limited experimentation with KP and Khullar I mainly look at the natal and cyclic lords of the stars (mansions) of planets.

Thus, Trump’s inaugural ennead (3 January 2021) has transiting mean Rahu (24Tau39) in the degree of the MC and natal Uranus in the star of Mars and sub of Rahu. Then I see that Mars is strongly placed in Trump’s natal chart on the ascendant and in the 9th sign in the ennead, but 8th equal house, so that is a placement with questions. (Nonagesimal is only a degree away from the MC.) Sub lord transiting Rahu itself is at he peak of influence at the apex of the chart.
I also like Jaimini System, I have had good experience with it in the past.
If you have time, it would be interesting to see an example or two of how you used Jaimini principles.

Therese Hamilton wrote:Khullar has taken Krishnamurti’s work into further subs, five in all. I haven’t had time to check their accuracy. Khullar admits that he’s working with theories, and attempts to demonstrate their validity.
I read somewhere that Khullar works with true node, is it true? If it's true, how can you trust his technique, because he hasn't even found out that the mean node is valid.
I wondered because Placidus is listed in all your chart illustrations.
Zet shows only the settings, although I do not use the houses, except for the axes when I need them.
Or the equal house points 90 degrees from the ascendant. I question the meanings of MC/IC, but haven’t done any controlled research on nonagesimal compared to MC.
This does not apply to my system, because 90° away from AC would be AC again, because both points would be harmonic together. I have not done any specific research on the MC/IC axis, but during my researches I realized that the MC/IC axis is very important for parents and MC for career. That is why I thought that Venus is the most important planet for Trump.
Thus, Trump’s inaugural ennead (3 January 2021) has transiting mean Rahu (24Tau39) in the degree of the MC and natal Uranus in the star of Mars and sub of Rahu. Then I see that Mars is strongly placed in Trump’s natal chart on the ascendant and in the 9th sign in the ennead, but 8th equal house, so that is a placement with questions. (Nonagesimal is only a degree away from the MC.) Sub lord transiting Rahu itself is at he peak of influence at the apex of the chart.
I do not know Ennead-Charts. Is it not just 9th or 36th harmonic ?
I think it is important to decide which planets are positive or negative for a person. Venus, Saturn and Rahu are for Trump positive planets, I think.
Venus----> MC ruler and Vargottama
Saturn---> Vargottama
Rahu-----> Rahu is sublord of Venus in rasi 10th house (Kendra) in Navamsa 4th house (Kendra). And both times with the sun.
Sun-------> Nakshatra ruler of 10th house. Sublord of sun is saturn
If you have time, it would be interesting to see an example or two of how you used Jaimini principles.
If I had the time, I would like to do it.

Linchi wrote:
I read somewhere that Khullar works with true node, is it true? If it's true, how can you trust his technique, because he hasn't even found out that the mean node is valid.
True Astrology, Khullar's software gives the choice of true or mean node. He can't be blamed for using the true node if there is no reserach supporting either node. Use of the node is only one small part of the Khullar system, but I'm sure he would be interested in your node research. Khullar is only one year younger than I am, so probably he is mostly retired from astrology. His last book was published in 2008.

Quote:
This does not apply to my system, because 90° away from AC would be AC again, because both points would be harmonic together.
Oh, yes, of course.
I have not done any specific research on the MC/IC axis, but during my researches I realized that the MC/IC axis is very important for parents and MC for career. That is why I thought that Venus is the most important planet for Trump.
But Venus isn't active in the inaugural period for Trump in dasas and sub-periods. Instead referring to the natal chart for KP we have:

Jupiter = Mars-Rahu-Jupiter
Saturn = Jupiter-Mars-Jupiter
I do not know Ennead-Charts. Is it not just 9th or 36th harmonic ?
The ennead is a 9th harmonic chart, but it can be broken down into four 36th harmonic charts. Sometimes the 36th harmonic chart is very dramatic, but at other times the 9th (ennead) harmonic chart describes better the 40 day period for a person. This is why I take Trump's January 3 ennead chart for the inauguration. (But I need to check the 36th chart that is closer to the inauguration date.)

Of great interest to me is that your system relies on even numbers, 2, 16, etc. but the Indian timing Vimshottari system and mansion system are based on odd numbers: 3, 9. 27. This difference has to be symbolically significant.
I think it is important to decide which planets are positive or negative for a person. Venus, Saturn and Rahu are for Trump positive planets, I think.
Venus----> MC ruler and Vargottama
Saturn---> Vargottama
Rahu-----> Rahu is sublord of Venus in rasi 10th house (Kendra) in Navamsa 4th house (Kendra). And both times with the sun.
Sun-------> Naks
This is mostly standard Indian astrology. KP/Khullar uses different principles as house rulers aren't emphasized in favor of star lords. (This would be another discussion/comparison for time periods in Trump's life.)

Then for (equal) cusp 10, (6 Tau 57) we have: Sun-Mercury-Saturn. Sun's star links the 10th to the 1st, the persona of Donald Trump with Leo on the ascendant, and Sun is in the benefic 11th house/10th sign. So very powerful 10th cusp. Mercury sub is in the 11th, rules 2nd (finances) and 4th (home, parents). KP/Khullar depends heavily on house meanings. (At present I'm studying, experimenting with KP/Khullar as time allows in my "old age.")

Therese Hamilton wrote:But Venus isn't active in the inaugural period for Trump in dasas and sub-periods. Instead referring to the natal chart for KP we have:

Jupiter = Mars-Rahu-Jupiter
Saturn = Jupiter-Mars-Jupiter
If we look at further sub dasas we see that Venus is active. I assume that the birth time is correct to the minute.

For the election :

Definition of year in Dasas ---> True sidereal solar year
Jupiter-Saturn-Rahu-Saturn-Venus

Definition of year in Dasas ---> Mean sidereal solar year
Jupiter-Saturn-Rahu-Saturn-Sun

For the Inauguration :

Definition of year in Dasas ---> True sidereal solar year
Jupiter-Saturn-Rahu-Moon-Venus

Definition of year in Dasas ---> Mean sidereal solar year
Jupiter-Saturn-Rahu-Moon-Venus

I would take true sidereal solar year for the definition of year in Dasas.

Linchi wrote:
I would take true sidereal solar year for the definition of year in Dasas.
I have to take what the software gives me.

The first two periods (dasa and antara or bhukti) give the primary results. I can't say how the other sub-periods would operate, but (in the past) work with other astrologers tends to point to the sub-sub period as the "tone" operating at the time, as Jupiter is cheerfulness, Saturn depression, etc. I am not sure how the third period on-down planets operate in relation to houses as I haven't had time to research them. At any rate I'd say that the fifth sub planet doesn't have the significance of the first two. It would (theoretically) relate to some small segment of the major events.

Therese Hamilton wrote: I have to take what the software gives me.

The first two periods (dasa and antara or bhukti) give the primary results. I can't say how the other sub-periods would operate, but (in the past) work with other astrologers tends to point to the sub-sub period as the "tone" operating at the time, as Jupiter is cheerfulness, Saturn depression, etc. I am not sure how the third period on-down planets operate in relation to houses as I haven't had time to research them. At any rate I'd say that the fifth sub planet doesn't have the significance of the first two. It would (theoretically) relate to some small segment of the major events.
As we can see, there are many areas in astrology that need to be researched. You never know which jewels can be found.

I have found three books about Jaimini Astrology, if you want to have a look.

https://ia801600.us.archive.org/10/item ... Sutras.pdf

https://ia802804.us.archive.org/2/items ... 20MLBD.pdf

https://ia802802.us.archive.org/35/item ... 20Rath.pdf