American Football 2020

For the third year I will try to predict the outcome of American football games.

I only predict the winner of the game, I don't predict the point spread winner.
This year I will only predict the NFL. I would like to predict NCAA games but the college schedule is so confused with the pandemic that it's too difficult to know what games will be played from week to week.The NFL seems to be trying to play a regular schedule of games ( at least so far ).

I have my own system of analysis but I think you will find that I really don't vary too much from classical Hoary interpretation.
My system is based mostly on planets in houses. I don't go into a lot of arcane astrological details or things most people won't understand. It's really very simple and straight forward. I don't try to predict a game unless I think it's pretty obvious who will win.

I only try to predict charts that are radical. The ASC is neither below 3 deg. or above 27 deg. The Moon must not be Void of Course. The Moon must not be in Via Combusta. Actually, I don't predict a chart if the Moon is in Scorpio at all.

I've found it best to stay away from charts in which the Moon is low in degree and has not yet perfected an aspect. Unless the Moon has made an aspect the event has not yet become fixed in any natural flow.

I only predict games which I call, " stand alone ". That means there are not any other football games being played at the same time. At least not with the same starting time. That means almost all the games I predict are night games. It's very hard to find a day game during the regular season with a unique starting time.
The reason I do this is that when two or more games are for the same start time they will all have charts that are the same. Naturally, they will not all have the same outcome. One day, we may be able to pick apart games that have similar charts to a high degree of accuracy but until then I will just focus on those games which are only being played at any particular time.

I use the 1st. house ruler to signify the Home team.
I use the 9th. house ruler for the Away team. I know, most people use the 7th. for the away team but I've found the 9th. to be better. The 9th. signifies something from far away.

So, let's get started with the Thursday night game, Houston at Kansas City.

Kansas City is the home team and is Pisces and Jupiter.
Houston is the away team and is Scorpio and Mars.

Jupiter is exalted by triplicity and terms in the 11th. house and retrograde.

Mars is exalted in it's own sign. Mars is also at 28 deg. and should be Void of Course. It doesn't matter how well placed a planet is, if it is Void of Course it is helpless and can not act. But, Mars is also retrograde and that means it is no longer V/C.
There is one thing which does damage Mars, it is in the 1st. house. A significatior in its opponents house is almost a sure sign of losing.

Kansas City should win here.

Denver should win over Tennessee on Monday night in what may be a controversial game.

Nipoleon wrote:
I use the 9th. house ruler for the Away team. I know, most people use the 7th. for the away team but I've found the 9th. to be better. The 9th. signifies something from far away.
I haven't seen that suggested before. Intriguing approach. Being British I dont really follow NFL.

Looks like you nailed this one:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametrack ... 10_HOU@KC/

I must try out your method on some Soccer games.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I have focused primarily on American football but from what little I have done on Soccer it does work just the same and with other sports as well.

The important thing is to determine who the away team is.
With international sports, figuring the home and away can be a tricky thing and it's not always very obvious.

Nipoleon wrote:
With international sports, figuring the home and away can be a tricky thing and it's not always very obvious.
Yes its ok if you have say International soccer matches between teams from different cities in Europe. However, its a different proposition in international Tournaments like the FIFA World Cup. I tend to see if you can find connections between the national charts of the countries involved if neither are playing in their own country. That helped me predict Spain would win the World Cup back in 2010 and Germany in 2014. But I find it too time consuming to get into that in the earlier rounds. I see this more as a bit of light astro relief than anything I put serious effort into.

Looking at medieval methods and applying them to modern sports contests Lee Lehman and Bernadette Brady have used the astrology of Guido Bontti to point out there were two types of conflicts in medieval astrology, that of a field battle, where two opposing forces meet on a relatively level playing field, and that of a castle besiegement, where one party held the high ground. To decide the outcome of such conflicts, in the thirteenth century Guido Bonatti developed a precise set of techniques. Brady & Lehman have applied both methods to sports astrology depending on the circumstances.

I cant say I have done enough sports astrology to test out the validity of this methodology to sports titles.

https://leelehman.com/wp/index.php/1998 ... -to-start/

http://www.bernadettebrady.com/Pdfs/Cas ... tBrady.pdf

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

A great deal of assigning Home/ Away is psychological and depends upon how the teams feel about it.

What color jerseys are they wearing?
Sometimes home teams will wear their away jerseys because they feel the away colors give them an advantage or they want to identify as the challengers. This is especially true in championship games. Always try to find out ahead of the game what color jerseys the teams will actually be wearing.

Assignment by geography.
Should a European team play a South American team in Europe but at a neutral location, I would give the European team the 1st. house no matter what designation they have been assigned or jersey they are wearing. This happens a lot during American NCAA bowl games when a team will be playing in their own state but not in their home stadium.

Sometimes teams will wear alternate or " throwback ' jerseys for special occasions. This can really throw things for a loop and need some consideration before analyzing a chart.

Last week Kansas City beat Houston 34-20.
Tennessee pulled out a 16-14 win over Denver, whos coaching staff apparently didn't know how to call a time out.

This week there are no games to predict because there are no good charts.

The Moon is in Via Combusta for almost all the weekend. I don't try to predict charts with the Moon between 15 deg. of Libra all the way through Scorpio. In my experience, no matter how sure you are about a chart, with a Via Combusta Moon, something completely different will happen.

The Thursday night game has the Moon too early in the sign. In my opinion, when the Moon has just entered a sign and not yet made an aspect, the natural progression of events has not yet formed. Other factors will interfere before it can be seen what will happen.

The Monday night game has the ASC at 29 deg. and therefore it is too late. You might take this as meaning that the game has already been decided before the kickoff but I wouldn't predict what that means.

Next week we have games which can be analyzed.

This week let's take a look at Miami at Jacksonville on Thursday night.

Jacksonville is the 1st. Aries and Mars.
Miami is the 9th. Sagittarius and Jupiter.

Mars is exalted in it's own house. It would be Void of Course except it is retrograde and applying to aspects. Uranus in the 1st. does not co-rule but does influence the home team.
Jupiter is in the 10th. and exalted by triplicity and terms.

Normally, I would give the nod to Mars in the 1st. but the Moon is giving translation of light from Uranus in the 1st. to Jupiter. This tells me an unexpected influence from Uranus will benefit Jupiter.

I'm going to say Miami will win here.

On Sunday night, Green Bay should beat New Orleans.

Last week, Miami had little trouble with Jacksonville 31-13.
Green Bay beat New Orleans 37-30.

On Sunday night we have Philadelphia at San Francisco.
This is a little more difficult chart to figure out.

San Francisco is the 1st. Pisces and Jupiter.
Philadelphia is the 9th Scorpio and Mars.

Jupiter is exalted only by terms in the 11th. Neptune is exalted by sign in the 1st. and co-rules the 1st.

Mars is exalted by sign in the 2nd. and would be Void of Course if it wasn't retrograde.

The Moon gives translation of light from the Sun to Jupiter but the aspect between the two is only an inconjunct. An inconjunct isn't very promising but we'll see.
This, combined with exalted Neptune leads me to favor the home team.

San Francisco should win this game.

On Thursday night, Denver should win over the Jets.

Last week Denver beat the Jets 37-28.
Philadelphia managed a win over San Francisco 25-20.

The only game we have this week with a radical chart is the Sunday night game Minnesota at Seattle.

This is a situation in which both teams have the same significatior, Jupiter. Both the 1st and the 9th are ruled by Jupiter.
This means we have to go to the co-ruler.

Seattle is the 1st. Pisces and Jupiter. It's co-ruler is Neptune which is exalted in the 1st.
Minnesota is the 9th. Sagittarius and Jupiter. The 9th. house has no co-ruler.

In my opinion, a planet can only be a co-ruler if it is in the same house and the same sign as the house's ruling sign. If a planet is in the same house but in the next sign it has an influence but does not stand in for the significator. A co-ruler is like a queen to a king. What you do the queen you have also done to the king.

Jupiter is exalted only by terms in the 11th.
The Moon separates from Mercury by a square and applies to Jupiter but only by an inconjunct. It's obvious to me that translation of light must be by major aspects, not minor ones. Inconjunctions are very frustrating anpects in that they don't produce much. I don't think I have ever seen anything brought to perfection by an inconjuntion.
The Moon is also peregrine and can't be trusted.

Neptune co-rules the 1st and is exalted in the 1st. This is a winning indication for the home team.

Seattle should win here.

Last week Seattle came from behind to squeak out a win over Minnesota, 27-26. That makes me 5-2 for the season and 71.4%

This week I'll look at Arizona at Dallas on Monday night.

Dallas is the home team, the 1st. Taurus and Venus.
Arizona is the away team, the 9th. Capricorn and Saturn.

Venus is peregrine in the 5th house.
Saturn is exalted in the 10th. house.

Uranus is in the 1st. but I am wary of it. Uranus brings the unexpected.

Saturn being exalted in the 10th. would be very good for the away team except for one thing, Saturn is Void of Course.
No matter haw well exalted or placed a planet is, being Void of Course means it has no power to act.
Jupiter is the co-ruler of the away team but it is peregrine and can't be trusted.

I'm going to say this will be an unusual game and Dallas will escape with a win here.

In the other Monday night game, Buffalo will win over Kansas City.