james_m wrote:4x 4 = 16

4x 16 = 64

16x 16 = 256

16x 64 = 1024

16x 256 = 4096

it seems to me linchi that the 4th harmonic is involved in all of these harmonics you are using.. can you explain to me what they are supposed to represent, separate from the 4th harmonic? thanks.. i am just trying to understand your system better....
I actually use all (2 to the power of n ) harmonics, not just 4,16,64,256,1024 and 4096, that is, the harmonics i use:
4,8,16,32,64,128,........., 4096,8192,16384,32768,65536,131072 and 262144 .
I use harmonics greater than 4096 for birth time corrections.

The logic behind this is that the events in life only happen when the event time is in harmonic with the birth time.Furthermore, important events in life happen in the harmonic year (e.g. 11,23,45,56,... years of age), sometimes it is not so obvious when an event happens in the 20th year of life (11.25+5.40+2.65) or in the 8th year of life (5.40+2.65). When someone has died at the age of 28 (22.30+5.40), like Benjamin Keough. 22.30 is harmonic 16 and 5.40 is haremonic 64. I have given about day and year harmonics in my work "Microstrology" on page 418.
This can also be applied to mundane events.Whenf someone talk about the 5 year cycle or 11 year cycle, it's wrong, it's only the harmonics years, that's why it's wrong, because other harmonics years will be overlooked e.g. 14.year (11.25+2.60) or 17.year (11.25+5.60).

If we only look at 4,16,256,1024 and 4096 in the Zet astrology program, we will also see intermediate harmonics 32,128,512....etc.
you are saying, you might not see much using the 4th and 16th harmonic only... at what point do you think you have too much data?? is this ever a concern?
I meant, for example, suicidal planet picture of Benjamin Keough could not have been seen with harmonic 4 or 16. In the radix he has in harmonic 64 MA/SA = MO/ME = ME/MN.You won't be able to see the with harmonics 4 and 16. To see it ,you have to use harmonic 64, it could have been harmonic 256. Therefore I meant all harmonics must be examined not only 4 and 16.

back to the true verses mean node part of the conversation... it seems to me that any important observation on the nodes would be relevant in the planetary pictures one gets off the chart itself, as opposed to event charts...
Both are important. He has Suicide Planetary Picture. If we use true node, he would not have Suicide Planetary Picture neither in the Radix nor in the Progressions/Transits/ Returns.

however, i get that you are using this data for predictive purposes.. do you think that what is born out in the chart is what will lead to a more accurate prediction??
In astrology the first place is to predict events, as long as one knows the relevant planetary pictures. The seeker must know what he is seeking and where he must seek.If only one of them is missing, prediction is not possible.

Greetings

linchi
https://archive.org/details/@cemalcicek

thanks linchi,

you make a good point from a researcher point of view.... i find myself drawn to research as well - looking at events after the fact and trying to understand the astrology to them... predicting is obviously different and involves making a comment on the future... very little predicting is done in astrology today, or if it is - it isn't shared much of any on skyscript!

we can examine benjamin keoughs chart after the fact, but no one was making any predictions on it beforehand....

i am curious if you do more research on the true verses mean node and how much it factors into the planetary pictures, if you will share it here with us.. often times the difference is very insignificant ,or they are close to being at the same spot, but they can at time be a couple of degrees away from one another up to about 2 and 1/2 degrees max... they also appear to station from time to time and the stations might be an area ripe for studying more too... thanks for your additional comments..

james_m wrote:... looking at events after the fact and trying to understand the astrology to them... predicting is obviously different and involves making a comment on the future... very little predicting is done in astrology today, or if it is - it isn't shared much of any on skyscript!

we can examine benjamin keoughs chart after the fact, but no one was making any predictions on it beforehand....
I think there are several reasons for this.

First reason : About which person or about which mundane events should be predicted ? You cannot search the person or event. If you work on something by chance and see something important for the future , then you can predict, if you want. Mostly such predictions are not made in public forums but on own website or in books. For example, in my paper "Progressed Lunar Phases" on page 19 , I made a prediction about Queen Elizabeth's husband, to show how to use progressed lunar phases.

Second reason : We, the astrologers, do not yet fully know which planetary pictures cause which events, e.g. which planet pictures do we need to predict a war ? Therefore we should still do a lot of research. Predicting,what will happen, with our little knowledge does not help us, I think. The problem is that we believe that we already know everything in astrology.

Third reason : The communication in astrology communities is not as it should be. As if there is competition between astrologers.
i am curious if you do more research on the true verses mean node and how much it factors into the planetary pictures, if you will share it here with us..
In the near future, when my health allows, I will do it.

I thank you too.

linchi
https://archive.org/details/@cemalcicek

James wrote:
I am curious if you do more research on the true verses mean node and how much it factors into the planetary pictures, if you will share it here with us..

Linchi replied:
In the near future, when my health allows, I will do it.
Cemal, I also look forward to any node research you might do in the future. I want you to know that I am closely following your research studies, and sometimes print out parts of your work for further study. Lately health issues including surgery (nothing life threatening!) as well as home events have prevented me from posting on Skyscript. For me it's very frustrating to have life evolve around small daily tasks that take up the hours of the day. Add to that the unavoidable family visits, and time and energy simply evaporate.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm