india-china tensions june 2020 - sidereal

the tension between india and china continues with regard to the northern border area under question...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Chin ... skirmishes

while reading the book by barbault on mundane astrology called 'planetary cycles' i note how important it is to become an historian as much as it is to immerse oneself in the in's and outs of mundane astrology... i sort of knew this before and of course a persons viewpoint on history is subject to a number of dynamics too which i won't go into here... suffice it is to say, i am looking at 2 charts that others may view as relevant or not in the scheme of the astro at work here...

this is in sidereal zodiac - krishnamurti ayanamsha... china oct 1st, 1949 3:01pm -beijing

indian chart - 15 aug 1947 0:00 am - new delhi..

on the date of oct 20th 1962 a war broke out involving both countries..

https://www.indiatoday.in/education-tod ... 2016-11-21

this war from 1962 was approx 58 years, or 2 saturn cycles ago... if you pull up the transit data for this date oct 20-1962, you will note the very close mars-saturn opposition on the ascendant and moon of the 3L01pm chart shown above for china... also of significance is where the nodal axis is - right in the same spot as the mars- saturn opposition..

the connections off the oct 20th 1962 transit chart onto the indian chart shown above are not as pronounced, but still worth examining for more perspective....

my impression is that the revocation of the special status of jammu and kashmir has something to do with the change in dynamics here... just how much narenda modis nationalist bnp party is feeding into all this is conjecture on my part, but i do believe this change in status is one of the triggers for what is taking place now.. 2 transits stand out for this change in status announced aug 5th, 2019 and they are the wide conjunction of mars-sun at 27 and 18 cancer respectively... you can look to see the sensitive place where they land in the chart listed above for india...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revocatio ... nd_Kashmir

if we are to take a donna cunningham approach - she wasn't a mundane astrologer - and just look at the transit data, it seems to me the potential for working thru more tension is especially pronounced as we approach a similar set up to what the astrology was in 1962... of course it will all be different and there are too many factors to consider, but if i just consider the saturn return to approx 11 capricorn - sidereal, the mars- saturn square for jan 15th 2021 lands very close to this area of ascendant-moon in the 301pm china chart... teh july 2nd 2021 opposition of mars-saturn happens at 18-cancer, capricorn, which is also close to the mars-pluto conjunction in chinas chart..

with regard to the mars-saturn square and opposition back to the india chart, the opposition of july 2nd is very close to the midheaven axis which has midheaven at 21 cap opposition saturn-pluto conjunction at 20 cancer... teh big caveat for me in all of what i have looked at so far - and it hasn't been much - is that the nodal axis is not in on the action in anywhere near the same degree which i see as a blessing..

a quick look at the synastry between the 2 above charts highlights the position of chinas mars at 21 cancer on the i.c. and saturn in indias chart..this is clearly a sensitive degree for both countries... the one clear blessing between the 2 charts is chinas venus at 26 libra conjunct indias jupiter at 25 libra... the opposition between the moon positions along chinas ascendant- descendant axis is quite interesting and probably helpful for china in so far as china wants to relate to india here... obviously all relationships between the 2 countries require greater shared sensitivity and understanding...

perhaps others have some insights to offer on the present dynamic between india and china astrologically that they would like to share?? thanks...

Hi James,

I recently started to look into mundane astrology, and I was immediately drawn to the eclipse this coming weekend as it occurs in Gemini with Mars in overcoming square. In my admittedly limited experience, that has never been a good sign for events to come. Added to this, neither benefic can see the eclipse and the lord of its place, Mercury, will have just had its first station, also with neither benefic in aspect and Mars in overcoming square. As you may or may not know, the eclipse path goes over India and into China. In fact, a chart set for the eclipse in New Delhi looks rather ominous with Mars almost exactly setting, overcoming a culminating sun, moon and Mercury conjunction, and as I said, no benefic ray to be found.

http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

hi konrad,

great to see you post again here at skyscript!

the june 21st eclipse so close to mars in indias chart is very relevant and bodes ill as you note in your overview.. i was unaware that the eclipse path happens over india and into china as you note.. thanks for this additional important bit of info.. the chart for the eclipse doesn't look pretty.. thanks for sharing that..

in my ongoing astrological studies i have found how important the moons nodal axis is and of course this is right where the ecliipses - moon or sun - take place... i find when it highlights a planet in a chart much depends on the state of the planet in question... i have tended towards a more favourable attitude of north node or rahu conjunctions then ketu conjunctions but i may have to modify or fine tune my ideas on this... i think it might make a difference what planet is involved... i read very recently some author stating jupiter and rahu is a bad combo which kind of surprised me... i had a very strong experience when this happened the last time in my own chart and it was definitely challenging... jupiter on ketu or ketu on jupiter was more favourable... however i also recall my experience of a station of jupiter on my natal rahu which was extremely positive.. so, perhaps nothing is cut and dry and all one can know for sure is that more significant experiences are likely when the nodal axis makes a conjunction to a planet in a chart...

i imagine it is the same with national charts like what we are looking at here.. it certainly was for oct 20th 1962 when the war between china and india last happened.. the nodal axis is very prominent and active on chinas chart and to a lesser extent on indias chart at that previous time...

when you add in the upcoming dynamic of mars entering aries -august 16th area - one wonders how these 2 countries process all of this... thanks for your post.. its really great to see you here!

Thanks James. I have been around, but have just not had the time to do much astrology the last couple of years. Thanks also for highlighting the position of Mars in India's national chart. I haven't looked at any national charts at all as I just find the sheer volume of them bewildering; I wouldn't even know where to begin with some countries!
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

i wanted to add a few more comments here...

this is fairly subjective on my part... using the 301pm chart for china, the transit data on this chart at present is focused on the passage of saturn over the ascendant-moon conjunction in the chart... the moon rules the 7th and is in detriment in capricorn in this oct 1st 1949 chart, although by house position it is more esteemed or dignified... my impression of saturn moving over the ascendant down into the lower half of the chart and saturn transiting moon is a challenging transit..

it seems to me china has suffered rightly or wrongly - some of the angst over covid 19 with the usa taking the most aggressive attitude in claiming essentially - it is all chinas fault... further to this is all the talk of trade war and targeting china in a negative light... the issue over hauwei 5g and how this has played out is another bone of contention... it is like china has to suffer the humiliation of a lowered image in the eyes of some in the world... this i associate with the transit of saturn over the ascendant and moon in the 301pm chart... so, i just want to toss this out as i think it is relevant..

but i want to also mention that the eclipse at 6 gemini 14 on june 21st will have mars transit in exact square this point on june 27-28th area... i am thinking this is the time we might witness further hostilities and unfriendliness being exchanged between india and china... i hope i am wrong, but i am wondering how it plays out or if mars directly squaring the eclipse degree is of any significance here shortly...