General Question concerning Formers, Ex's

Hello everyone,
Oftentimes in a relationship question, the quesited has a 'former status'. It could be a former lover, an ex-husband or wife, former friend and so on.
How do you assign House rulership then?
Does it remain a 7th House status?
Is it relevant to ask the querent Who that person is for him/her?

We do that all the time with 'current status', say you ask a question about your husband, your lover, your friend or your children. They will have different House assignment.

Even looking at the last aspect between 1st/7th seems dubious. Maybe they got separated 20 years ago and became friends.

As always, I appreciate your answers on my not so obvious questions,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Dear Ouranos, if it is any question concerning romantic feelings, I would always use the 7th. Lilly said the 7th house deals with
all manner of love questions

and all quarrels. Also, court cases, competitors, and so on.

I think hard and long on other types of enquiries.

If Querent and Ex are now friends, there seems no reason we can't used the 11th.

But...

What if someone wants to ask this hypothetical question: "Will he die next year?"

Assuming the Querent is no longer romantically interested in the Quesited, they didn't strike up a friendship, and they don't happen to find out one day they are siblings or cousins, then we'd be looking at 8th house from...?

Do we generally use the 7th for any person we know?

Or do we pick the planet that best describes the person?

Sun for man? Venus for young women?

Note: I don't think a question like this should be asked out of idle curiosity. Just for the sake of learning together.

Amelia

Thank you Amelia!
I realized when I was reading your answer that a quesited always has a current status no matter what their relationship was in the past. It will be found in the way the question is asked.
When you quote Lilly 7th H 'all manner of love questions', maybe he could not figure out that in another century, people would be free to romance out-of-wedlock, 5th H
We have more scenarios today than in the 17th Century, just thinking about same sex marriage, sex reassigment surgery. consanguinity marriage and you name it.
And as you say, it is also wise to pick up the planet that best describe the person.
How simple would it be to answer "Will I ever get married?" with a "No, because you don't have any planet in the 7th House" :)

Cheers!
Ouranos
Blessings!

Dear Ouranus, yes, I think the current role matters. Say, my ex and I follow each other on Instagram, but we aren't real-life friends anymore. And I don't have feelings for him. What if I want to ask if he is happy and well?

In that case, I still care about him as a friend (I imagine). So it would be 11th.

Also you reminded me of some Lilly. Gay cases aren't found in Christian Astrology true, but our old guy did realise that people could have mistresses and misters, and he used Venus and Mars in those cases. Not sure about other planets. Will have to look.

In some real soap opera stuff involving love triangles, Venus and Mars were used too:

In "A lady, if marry the gentleman desired? (Christian Astrology page 385)", he did point to a Venus and said,

Look, silly girl, he had a wonderful marriage offer from another girl (Venus). Wow, she was so well-descended. Luckily that another guy Mars swooped up that Venus before Venus got to your guy (Saturn) HAHA!

(Sun-Venus contact would have seemed to be another story for Lilly: it would point to the potential marriage desired.)

Amelia