Manuscript to publish (question on collection of light)

Dear all,

"Is my manuscript good enough to be published?"

The manuscript in question is a romance. I cast the chart in March when I was still revising it. Early Libra ascendant, but Saturn the hour lord agrees with it.
Link to the chart: https://imgur.com/JfnfGPZ

L1 Venus applies to a trine with L7 Mars, the potential buyer. But Mars sneaks to Aquarius before the aspect can perfect. Oh, Venus does chase, but Mars is conjunct Saturn almost immediately. The same Saturn then intercepts Venus before she gets to catch up with Mars in the new sign.

Saturn rules my Houses 4 and 5. House 5 could be the manuscript. Perhaps quite literally, my manuscript itself prevents the deal.

Collection of light did cross my mind (Saturn for Venus and Mars), but I don't think that it is possible this way. Am I right?

L10 Moon is sextile Sun in House 7. I'm not sure if it signifies anything positive, but there is no reception.

Thank you,
Amelia
Last edited by AmeliaS on Mon May 18, 2020 8:08 am, edited 14 times in total.

Hello Amelia,

It makes sense that you are ruled by Venus when writing a romance. Venus is strong at domicile, but weak at a Cadent House.

Your manuscript is ruled by Mars (Scorpio on the cusp of the 3rd House) and Jupiter; Sagittarius is intercepted on the 3rd.
The Moon, your co-ruler, in Gemini, is also intercepted 3/9th which is the axis of communication. Interceptions generally represent an energy to that houses that is difficult to release for some reason.

Jupiter is weak, in exile, but in angular house.

Mars conjunct to Saturn is an aspect of restriction.
Mars is in a square apect to Uranus, also ruling the 5th House.

It's hard to say precisely but the only thing I can think of is that there may be some restriction in creativity field, or problems with technology that interfere with the publication of the manuscript.

Good luck!

Oh, I forgot about the Collection of Light, which is the point of your question.

Mars and Saturn: The aspect perfects April 1, but first, Mars changes sign (in March 31).

Venus and Saturn, the trine aspect perfects at April 5, but Venus changes sign early, in april 4.

Hello Amelia,
I agree with Miss Watson about the Venus rulership for writing a romance, but in your case, I would not say that it is weak in the 9th (cadent). After all, you want to be published, which is a 9th H matter. My concern is more that Venus is conjunct Algol. Make sure you have a backup of a backup copy of your romance.
The Moon intercepted in the 9th suggests that you would benefit from learning more on how to publish a book because somehow, the interception means you have no 'ground' or that you venture into the unknown. And Moon's ruler Mercury (detriment in the 6th) could mean hiccups on technicalities (printing, format, edition etc)
As for the Venus, Mars, Saturn collection, changing sign and so forth, I am not sure about the scenario.
Technically, the Moeity of the planets says Yes but I have never encountered this kind of scenario.
In the order, we would have Venus reaching for the Trine but Mars moving to Aquarius, conjunct Saturn and then Venus trining Saturn, collecting the light before perfecting the Trine to Mars. Hum! Looks good on paper, not sure if Lilly has an aphorism hidden somewhere in his hat!

Thank you for sharing your question and I would definitely be happy to know the outcome.

Kind regards,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:Hello Amelia,
I would not say that it is weak in the 9th (cadent). After all, you want to be published, which is a 9th H matter.
Hi Ouranos,
Just a humble correction: Venus is in 8th House, and not 9th.
As for the Venus, Mars, Saturn collection, changing sign and so forth, I am not sure about the scenario.
Technically, the Moeity of the planets says Yes but I have never encountered this kind of scenario.
In the order, we would have Venus reaching for the Trine but Mars moving to Aquarius, conjunct Saturn and then Venus trining Saturn, collecting the light before perfecting the Trine to Mars. Hum! Looks good on paper, not sure if Lilly has an aphorism hidden somewhere in his hat!
I looked for this information in several books, but I haven't found anything that could clarify. I hope someone has some insight about this on the forum too! :???:

Miss Watson - thanks for explaining the interceptions and restriction. I will keep these in mind. I would assume Venus to be in the 9th because it's within 5 degrees of the 9th house cusp.

A big thank-you for digging into the books!

Ouranos - I almost thought Algol simply meant I was worried. Thank you - I just have the backup copy backed up again. It's my first attempt at publishing. You're absolutely right in my just learning the robes.

It might take a while, but I promise to keep you posted.

Amelia

Miss Watson: I love to be challenged, that is how we all grow here. And I am no expert. The proof of the pudding will be in the answer we all get to share together.
Amelia: My assumption on Algol was that Venus does not only represent you L1 (Libra) but also L2 (money) and L9 (Taurus - published work), like the dual rulership.
Assuming we get over the hurdle of the perfection!

Cheers!
Ouranos
Blessings!

I would assume Venus to be in the 9th because it's within 5 degrees of the 9th house cusp.
Absolutely! I didn't realize it.
Just a thing that crossed my mind: Do you intend to publish your novel abroad? If so, this could be the possible problem pointed out in the chart. But, if not, I'd keep my bet on Ouranos' opinion about how to publish (printing, format, edition etc).

Hope you get it and share with us the outcome!

You're right, Miss Watson. I'm seeking to publish abroad, hoping it won't be impossible. Thank you for getting me to clarify this. I should've said.

There is tiny market for English books in South Korea where I live.

In gratitude,
Amelia

One year later, an update:

After being rejected by a couple of agents, I eventually gave up on this novel manuscript. Looking back now, after such a long time, the writing was really quite immature. (Early ascendant)

However, I have got poetry published in some very competitive markets since. :D (Venus and Mars had to change sign to be collected by Saturn)

Thank you again, Ouranos and Miss Watson, for all the input!

Amelia

Happy for you that you got some rewards for your effort Amelia!
At least, you got your foot in the door with your poetry.
Any title you can recommend from Incheon? So we can discover a new talent!
What language did you write it?

Cheers!
Ouranos
Blessings!