Another point that struck my mind was that your question was "Will I work for ABC?" and in a reply you said 'I got hired'. The thing is that you can get hired by the company but not work for them as we have seen so far with the pandemic. Has your question been 'Will I be hired by ABC?' it could have been a different ball game.
I wondered the same since they have already delayed the start date but hopefully things will go OK. Keep us posted and good luck.

I totally expected this to be a very difficult journey from the start so I am not concerned that my drug screen has been lost in the mail further delaying my start date. I am assured that this is just a delay and not a withdrawal of their offer. This is too critical a position to go without someone in the role.

Tanit. You asked where I got the technique to use the 11th as the future employer so I went back to my literature to review and John Frawley says you can often use the 10th as the current employer, and the next planet around the zodiac as the next employer, not L11, although L11 in these charts would very often be the next planet. Although the next planet is Jupiter and L11, it isn't L11 that I should have been looking for. My bad...

This doesn't change my reading however, just how I should have explained the interpretation

I personally would feel better using a lord of the 10th, such as a triplicity lord or exaltation lord. If something lords a house to some extent then it has some control over that house, more so if it beholds it though. In this case Jupiter is a triplicity lord anyway.

I do think the stay or go approach works well, if you want to try it in the future. I received a professional reading from Wade Caves in 2014 or 2015 where he used it on a potential career change, which I decided against and he advised against, and I have made some career changes or decisions with it myself, including a relocation for a job in 2017, although it was still tough because both jobs had different pros and cons. Sometimes the decision is still just difficult no matter what. I still go back and forth on that chart when I look at it and am not sure I would have been satisfied either way for different reasons. Today I made another one because I was considering changing job shifts but the chart didn't look like a good idea.

So Tanit, Knowing the outcome, how would you square your reading? Not an attach, I just want to learn why your read and mine are so different.

My read has followed the events almost perfectly, but I am NOT an astrologer, just someone who enjoys the study

Edit, You started to address my question with the triplicity part.

If you use the stay or go chart type, again the turned 7th is exalted in the 2nd and the 10th lord is Sun applying to sextile it, could suggest a more favorable outcome than the current job. Sextiles without reception require extra work. I interpreted your question as a regular job horary initially but you wanting to compare jobs leads me to believe a stay or go chart makes more sense. In the future you should provide more information in your intro. I always provide a background. When you formed the question as the astrologer though you also applied special meaning to significators you planned on using in your question. I don't think that makes a chart very straight forward for others who would assume it is a typical 10th house question, or even if I wanted to try reading it as a stay or go chart, since it wasn't formed that way.

I am also NOT an astrologer, I am a microbiologist. Wade Caves is though and his reading was very good using the stay or go chart type.

Rookie wrote:So Tanit, Knowing the outcome, how would you square your reading? Not an attach, I just want to learn why your read and mine are so different.

My read has followed the events almost perfectly, but I am NOT an astrologer, just someone who enjoys the study

Edit, You started to address my question with the triplicity part.
(Deleted, realised I missed part of the discussion.)

Let me venture that L10 Saturn is changing to Aquarius soon, where Saturn is still strong and which is also the sign of 10th house cusp. Seems to be positive, if we take L10 as your career as a whole and not only the old job.

Rookie wrote:I totally expected this to be a very difficult journey from the start so I am not concerned that my drug screen has been lost in the mail further delaying my start date. I am assured that this is just a delay and not a withdrawal of their offer. This is too critical a position to go without someone in the role.

Tanit. You asked where I got the technique to use the 11th as the future employer so I went back to my literature to review and John Frawley says you can often use the 10th as the current employer, and the next planet around the zodiac as the next employer, not L11, although L11 in these charts would very often be the next planet. Although the next planet is Jupiter and L11, it isn't L11 that I should have been looking for. My bad...

This doesn't change my reading however, just how I should have explained the interpretation
Yes. And what Frawley said was, "The planet ruling another sign in that house may... be significant" (if the concept of "next" is of relevance here, he said). This is important. Wouldn't have been applicable if that next sign wasn't in House 10. Just want to make sure people reading this thread knows this.

To Rookie: I understand your interpretation of the XI as to "what's next' with your job, as the next House of any House shows the future. But I would stick with Amelia's view that it does not apply here.
Using the Triplicity rulers here add a minor view.
- Sun (detriment, 29 degree, about to leave the sign)
- Jupiter (fall, technically besieged - the Moon is carrying the light from Mars to Saturn)
- Saturn (Lord, the helping hand in the Triciplity is about to change sign)
I would like to see how things develop mid-May when Venus, Jupiter and Saturn turn retrograde.
Good luck and blessings!
Blessings!

Yes. And what Frawley said was, "The planet ruling another sign in that house may... be significant" (if the concept of "next" is of relevance here, he said). This is important. Wouldn't have been applicable if that next sign wasn't in House 10. Just want to make sure people reading this thread knows this.
This is confusing. Does he mean an intercepted sign? Sorry, I don't have Frawley's book.

Yeah, I think all of us except Rookie here are scratching our heads at the outcome using a typical approach. My stay or go idea was just because the typical approach is not lining up well with the outcome.

I am glad I am not the only one who is seeing this!
To Rookie: I understand your interpretation of the XI as to "what's next' with your job, as the next House of any House shows the future. But I would stick with Amelia's view that it does not apply here.
Using the Triplicity rulers here add a minor view.
- Sun (detriment, 29 degree, about to leave the sign)
- Jupiter (fall, technically besieged - the Moon is carrying the light from Mars to Saturn)
- Saturn (Lord, the helping hand in the Triciplity is about to change sign)
I would like to see how things develop mid-May when Venus, Jupiter and Saturn turn retrograde.
Good luck and blessings!
What do you mean about Jupiter being besieged? I wouldn't say so here. Yeah, there will be many retro planets stirring up drama soon.

My main issue with this chart is that while I agree that two benefics coming together even with a square can be good, traditionalists said that debilitated benefics have little power to do good (both being cadent and essentially not fantastic) so even if you do give Jupiter as the job and the two benefics combine, I still can't get over how weak Jupiter is as well as the ascendant ruler.

Rookie - I noticed several previous job horaries of yours had significant Algol influences. Do you have an understanding of why that might be? Does it just relate to your work?

Tanit3333 wrote:
This is confusing. Does he mean an intercepted sign? Sorry, I don't have Frawley's book.

Yeah, I think all of us except Rookie here are scratching our heads at the outcome using a typical approach. My stay or go idea was just because the typical approach is not lining up well with the outcome.

I am glad I am not the only one who is seeing this!
Tanit, let me quote Frawley's paragraphs here:

Frawley wrote, "A house has one ruler and one ruler only. This is the planet that rules the sign on its cusp. This is so even if that cusp is at 29.59 degrees of its sign. There is no such thing as a co-ruler, this is a modern abomination.

"The planet ruling another sign in that house may, however, be significant; but
this will only be if the concept of next is relevant to the question. ‘Will my next
job be any better than the one I’ve got now?’ The ruler of the sign on the 10th
cusp will show the present job; the ruler of the next sign, in the usual order of the
signs, will show the putative next job.
(This next could equally well be shown by Lord 10 about to leave the sign it is in. The sign it is about to enter would then show the next job.)"

Either way, Frawley sticks with House 10. Rookie's Jupiter can be relevant here, but it isn't because it rules the natural next sign - but "another sign", that also happens to be "next sign"- in that house. If I understand that correctly.

(Yea, my quote was a little confusing... sorry.)
Last edited by AmeliaS on Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

To Tanit:

Myself:
Tanit:
What do you mean about Jupiter being besieged? I wouldn't say so here.

Here is how I see it without being too stretchy here!
I always look at the MOON and its aspects to unfold the story and it looks like...
-Moon last over Mars
-Lots of aspects in between
-Moon last aspect to Saturn
So the action takes place between Mars and Saturn.
Rudolf Steiner links the Moon to our astral body (astral, as it relates to the stars), what moves our physical body (ASC).
When I was 21 years old, in an ashram in India, I became conscious of everything I had dreamt during the night, there was no more difference between day consciousness and night unconsciousness. I was directly connected to my astral body.
it was wisely perceived by Shirley McLaine (Moon conjunct Neptune in Virgo in the XII House conjunct the Fixed Star Thuban which was the Pole Star 3,000 years ago) in her first book 'Out on a Limb'.
So I know, here, it is not a Jupiter(Fall, Cadent) 'besieged' as per the rules but it is in the overall story. And after going R May 15th, it will conjunct Pluto twice (June 29th and November 9th)
Finally, the IX (with Jupiter in) signifies work stopping (IV end of the VI)
Regards!
Blessings!