Planets in detriment, but in a positive aspect

Hello forum!

I have a doubt.
I casted a chart about financial matters. The Moon is in Capricorn, in its detriment, at the 2nd House, but applying to Uranus in a trine aspect, which is also weak, in exile in Taurus.
According to Sylvia de Long,
a trine suggests luck or ease in achieving a goal. Positive response to the Horary, unless there are other strong indications in contrary.
Once the Moon only applies to a planet in a trine (it's a question about the future, so I only considered the applying aspect), can this suggest that the outcome tends to be more positive than negative?

Does anyone have any similar experience with a chart?

Thanks!

It depends on the house rulership and general condition and nature of the planet that is aspecting. Lilly gave examples of sextiles and trines that were negative. For example, I recently looked at a decumbiture chart where the querent's planet sextiled Saturn in the 6th in the future and Lilly said that showed death from the disease (the patient died not long afterwards of the illness).

Aspects of trine and sextile can be easier for perfection of a matter and show an outcome that occurs with less effort but it depends a lot on the nature of the question. If someone asks about health and their disease lord shows perfection with the 1st lord, that isn't positive, as an example.

To answer your question, Uranus is generally not considered very significant for horary because it is a slow moving planet and horary generally is seen to be more personal rather than mundane. Uranus by nature is unpredictable and volatile but can be positive and show brilliant ideas. Do I think Moon trine Uranus is positive in a financial question? I think Uranus may indicate gain by using instinct and trying something new rather than the status quo and could also specifically represent certain types of financial indicators, such as investing in new technologies or things Uranus lords. Is Moon in detriment in the 2nd good? No. The Moon in a cardinal sign in the 2nd suggests unpredictability and change and likely shows gains and losses, like a tide. Moon tends to want to bring gain but the nature of signs of Saturn is restrictive. In my experience, Capricorn can also show someone who is unwilling or unable to take chances that would allow gain due to worry or over-analyzing a matter. However, is Moon aspecting Venus in Taurus and what house is it in or lord? What fast planets is it aspecting? Where are the other current Capricorn planets? I think that is likely to be more significant than an aspect to Uranus.

General aphorisms concerning wealth are pretty accurate in my experience for making financial decisions (these election rules are still relevant in horary, IMO): https://www.skyscript.co.uk/wealthelect.html

Agree with tanit.

I personally haven't found aspects to be specific to yes or no all the way.

Trines can still show something negative. Trine aspects are like habits or second nature. Behaviors/condition of that planet is easily manifested.

So if you had two poorly dignified planets each representing two parties..well the planetary condition is easily acted on which can be good or bad depending on question asked.

Sextiles are the weakest aspect and if planetary condition is not great more so expect nothing.
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.

Sextiles are the weakest aspect and if planetary condition is not great more so expect nothing.
Yes, such as Bonatti who said they are weak and require reception, at least for a good outcome of something desired. As an aspect they can still bring an influence of something, for good or bad, though. They should at least describe something around the matter.

Hello, Tanit and Eleanor!

Thanks for your comments!
I think Uranus may indicate gain by using instinct and trying something new rather than the status quo and could also specifically represent certain types of financial indicators, such as investing in new technologies or things Uranus lords. Is Moon in detriment in the 2nd good? No. The Moon in a cardinal sign in the 2nd suggests unpredictability and change and likely shows gains and losses, like a tide. Moon tends to want to bring gain but the nature of signs of Saturn is restrictive.
I totally agree!
Everything you said about a person who is unwilling or unable to take chance is absolutely true.
The question was for another person, so I'll say little about it, but unfortunately I see the Moon in detriment as the person's despair and his need to save money. Moon’s dispositor, Saturn, is in a square aspect to Uranus. Saturn in 3rd House represents the slowness of the process. Nothing can be done except wait in case he makes a decision, and then, wait for the results throughout the month.

He ended up acting based on his intuition. My intuition also pointed to the path he took. "Take as little risk as possible, as things are still uncertain due to the spread of the virus".

Honestly, I think that this trine doesn't help much, and losses are inevitable over those 30 days, hence the weak nature of the planets envolved. Personally I think that this trine may represent an aid based on intuition, and also, the next aspect of the Moon is a trine aspect to Venus (which is strong). So, the action that he has taken maybe it will help him minimize the damage in financial matters.

In 30 days I'll have a result and post it here! (I'm praying for something positive ) :shock:

I can only speak for the US but when I did a horary on the virus in the US, the financial indicators (Mars in Cap) for the US showed gains and losses and so far the stock market has followed this. I thought it would show ups and downs and the stock market has been a gain followed by a loss almost constantly. Mars as a financial indicator in general shows extreme ups and downs, especially in a cardinal sign, but tends to represent losses as a malefic. We are already seeing a lot of businesses crumbling and people losing jobs. However, I do think it suggests this is temporary. Mars is going to be highlighed and retro a long time in Aries this year but maybe by next year we will see some change for the better. I think this will likely last longer than some people expect and will harm some people more than others. So far I have been protected but am on the frontline of the virus. I have a strong Mars though and it is a Mars year for me in profections.

In Brazil we were already in crisis and most people were unemployed, trying to invest in their own business. With the corona, I'm sure that now will be a difficult time (this year and the next ones).
I am taking precautions too, as my health is not that good and I can't see specialty doctors at this time :/

I've just realized I forgot to update this topic.

The outcome:
The losses were inevitable (Moon in Capricorn) and the situation kept unstable due to the market (the person told me he didn't keep up with the situation's market closely anymore).
However, an aid based on intuition enabled him to recover some of his previous losses few months later (Uranus' nature.)
I got surprised how much this chart represented the question very well. :o

Hello Miss Watson,

On the aspect received, Morin de Villefranche says
"108. One should always notice whether the significations of a House occupied by a Planet which sends a given aspect are in harmony with the fortune or misfortune signified by the House which receives the aspect."

So the quality of the Celestial state (Sign) and Terrestrial state (House) is the prime factor beyond the nature of the aspect itself (good or bad).

As for the outer planets aspects, they show up something 'beyond your control', like a pandemic or a company shut down, an airplane crash or an event affecting a large number of people. Not something you can act upon.

Many years ago, I had a friend whose sister went to the hospital for a minor ailment and she contracted a Clostridium difficile infection of which she died a week later. Now, she had Jupiter transiting her Moon in Sag in the 12th House at that time. Even a Jupiter transit can show up during difficult times. She was not a public figure, a politician or an artist but 500 people showed up for her funeral, family members, friends and people who had fallen in love with the person she was. Good or bad can sometimes take strange turns!

Kind regards,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Hi Ouranos,
That's interesting!
I usually see the Moon for changes in the person's mood that affect his judgment, and Uranus as an external event that forces me to make a change - sometimes a radical change - but on a personal level.

In this specific chart (and a few others that I erected for myself) Uranus revealed a change with a strong impact on my life and / or around me, as you said, but in this case, the person used his intuition and caused the change directly.

Tanit, unfortunately, since it's someone else's question, I prefer to keep his privacy and not reveal too many details about his question. I'm sorry :(

Thank you all for the answers!