@nipoleon

I think we agree that the sports astrology strategies to date have been lacking in consistency and perhaps starting from scratch is what is needed now to try and work this out. I have taken 'back to basics' even further than you have but we seem generally on the same page so working together should help us both.

As I see it, there are 3 possible ways to look at a game chart (teams only):
-The chart based on the Home team read like a natal chart with either 7th or 9th as the Visiting team
- The chart as the Game chart with the houses read as follows:
1st - Home team 7th - Away team
2nd - Resources 8th - Resources
3rd - Communication 9th - Communication
10th - Fame, glory 4th - Fame, glory
11th - Gameplay 5th - Gameplay
12th - Subconscious 6th - Subconscious

I tend toward the last but am not yet particularly consistent with the house designations. Working on it...

Your use of the 9th for the Visitors makes all sorts of sense and I haven't seen it anywhere before. I also like your contention that placement of the Ruler for the teams is paramount and I am assuming then, that aspects are - if not secondary - more useful for game flow information. Do you have any ideas about scoring?

At the moment I don't rule out reading any chart based on 'traditional' rules - not because I don't think they're valid, just that I want to check them. My reasoning is twofold: I worry that they may have been passed down 'just because' somebody decided a million years ago that you shouldn't read a chart with a VOC Moon so now we all just go along with it. The other is that I'm wondering how, if you were a court astrologer and suddenly confronted with an unexpected armada heading towards you, you could explain to your Monarch that you couldn't tell them what would happen because the chart would be invalid for some obscure reason.

I agree that reading charts for games all starting at the same time is problematic (hello EPL!) but it's fun anyway. Interestingly enough last week was huge for Hime teams except the Lions's 3 point win.

I'm going to do the Browns/Ravens and the Seahawks for Sunday so if you want to as well we can perhaps start solidifying some parameters for sports charts.

I made a mistake yesterday postingunder a different subject heading (not used to navigating these forums yet) so will get back on track. It wasn't my only mistake either.

Really appreciat having someone to bounce ideas off and hope others will join in.

@nipoleon

I posted that list of houses for a game chart from somewhere else, but looking at it am not sure if I like 'Communications' for 3rd/9th. I get the Mercury connection and see the need for it in a game but...
What do you think?

Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens
Sept.29/19
1:00 PM
Baltimore, MD

Looking at this as a game chart, the only planet on Cleveland's side is Uranus (Taurus) in 5th. It's still trine Saturn (Capricorn) in 1st and I really hope I don't see another player taken off on a stretcher. It's happened, usually within the first 15 minutes, every game I've watched lately including two EPL games Saturday. The hits don't seem to be deliberate though, more accidental.

Given all the energy is on the Home side, it's theirs to lose.

Baltimore Ravens

Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals
Sept. 29/19
1:05 PM MST
Glendale, AZ

Cards in 1st Capricorn (barely) with Saturn and Pluto (both Capricorn) in house. Seattle's 7th is Cancer, empty house.

Saturn in 1st is strong and disciplined, and conjunct Pluto, methodical destruction. (Disclaimer: as a Seattle fan I am looking desperately for something positive here, but this... ugly.) Hopefully with Jupiter (Sagittarius) suppressed in the 12th it will keep Arizona's scoring down. A strong Neptune (Pisces) in their 3rd sextile the Saturn/Pluto conjunction may indicate an almost instinctive communication between players. (Testing the 3rd House as 'Communication' theory in game charts here.)

Seattle's Moon (Libra) is trapped in the Cardinals' 10th, which will probably also make the Home crowd happy. (Me, not so much.) It does have the support of Mercury and Venus (Libra) but again, they're all in the Cards' house of honour. Oh, and did I mention, also in 10th, the Sun? Weak in Libra but it *is* the Sun.
All that air... passing game?

There's also that Saturn/Uranus trine again - broken plays/players.

Well, I tried, but the only hope I see here for the Hawks is that the 0 degree ASC will negate the reading.

Arizona Cardinals

What I am showing is the result of my own work and nothing else.
I have charted 630 football games from 2017 back to 2004, both NFL and College.

All the charts meet the same criteria.
All the charts are radical.
The ASC is not below 3 deg. or above 27 deg.
The Moon was not Void of Course or between 15 deg. of Libra all the way through the end of Scorpio.
All the charts are for " stand alone " games. No other game had the same local start time. No other games would have the same chart. This means that the great majority of the games were night games on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. There were a few day games when I could find one that would meet the criteria.

I put the info into a spreadsheet and calculated the percentages of how often the home team won the game. The numbers you see in the grid represent how often the home team won for the house position of the rulers. The higher the number percentage the more often the home team won the game.

If you look at the column for the 1st house ruler you can see that when the ruler of the 1st. was in the 1st house the home team won the game 82.5% of the time. When the ruler of the 1st was in the 2nd house the home team won 75.9% of the time. When the ruler of the 1st was in the 9th. the home team won only 22.2% of the time (or the away team won 77.8% of the time)
Amazingly, when the ruler of the 2nd was in the 2nd house, the home team won a whopping 93.3% of the time!
When the ruler of the 5th was in the 3rd or the ruler of the 6th was in the 10th the home team only won 21.4% of the games.

The home team wins when the 1st house ruler is in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 11th and 12th houses.
When the 1st house ruler is in the 5th, 6th,7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th the home team loses ( the away team wins ).

Look at the 7th. house ruler.
When the 7th. ruler is in the 1st house the home team wins only 41.7%.
When the 7th ruler is in the 7th, the percentage is 49.4%, basically an even game.

Now look at the 9th house ruler.
When the 9th ruler is in the 1st the home team wins 62.5% of the time.
When the 9th ruler is in the 9th. the home team wins only 32.5% and the away team wins.
This is why I switched the away team from the 7th. to the 9th. I can't find any other houses that match up this well.
If the ruler of the 1st or 9th is in the 1st, the home team wins. When the ruler of the 1st or 9th is in the 9th, the away team wins.

Simply looking at this grid will give you a pretty accurate way of predicting winners
Of course you can't depend upon the position of only one planet. You must also look at the other planets as well.

I have applied this method to other sports, soccer, basketball, and hockey but not nearly in the detail as I have with football. However it does seem to also apply with other sports generally as well.

I believe this is literally mathematical proof of the validity of astrology.

nipoleon wrote:
Make sure the chart is radical.
Is the ascendant below 3 deg. or above 27 deg.?
Is the Moon Void of Course?
I never read a chart if the Moon is above 15 deg. of Libra all the way through Scorpio.
Note to self: "Pay attentionto nipoleon!"

I wanted to check for myself and yes, the charts were radical as the Moon was above 15 deg. Libra. Wondering now if you can just reverse them though?

On the bright side... both my EPL and NFL teams won and I learned something important so the day wasn't a complete wash.
Just received nipoleon's newest post so off the read carefully. Thanks very much for sharing your knowlege.

Last week Philadelphia beat Green Bay 34-27.
Arizona St. beat CAL 24-17

picture hosting sites

This week we have Cleveland at San Francisco on Monday night.

San Francisco is the 1st. Pisces and Jupiter. Cleveland is the 9th. Scorpio and Mars.

Jupiter is conjunct the 10th cusp and exalted by sign and terms.
Mars is in it's detriment in Libra and in the 7th.

Jupiter conjunct the 10th cusp is very favorable for the home team.

San Francisco should win here.

In another game Vanderbilt should beat Mississippi.

Last week San Francisco had no trouble with Cleveland, winning 31-3
I missed with Vanderbilt and Mississippi and Ole' Miss won easily 31-6

This week we have a conundrum with the NY Giants visiting New England on Thursday night.
Every now and then an astrologer finds a chart which goes against what common sense would dictate.
No one in their right mind would predict the Giants to beat New England.
But, that's not what the chart says.

New England is the 1st. Gemini and Mercury. The Giants are the 9th. Capricorn and Saturn.

Mercury is exalted by triplicity in the 6th. It is also in the Via Combusta and it is intercepted in Scorpio.

Saturn is exalted by sign and terms in the 8th. which puts it in it's own 12th making it it's own enemy.

Mercury being intercepted is a very disadvantaged placement. Even the Giants significator in the 8th. is not as bad.

As unbelievable as this may be the chart tells me that somehow, the Giants will win this game.

In another game Syracuse should win over NC State.

I don't agree about the Giants winning, but at the moment I don't have time to do the charts using my own methods, which are quite different from yours. I've been working on SA since about 2007 and have developed a suite of methods, and two of them clearly show the Giants will loose. Haven't looked at the others. Perhaps I can post something later, if I get the time.

For the moment, you might find it interesting to do the chart for the Dodgers loss to the Nats last night. A very interesting chart, and one which I got wrong. Game time was 5:37 PDT.

I know this is baseball, but the principles are the same. I use my methods on all the sports, and there is no difference that I can see.

How refreshing that there is someone doing American sports! I am sick up to here of nothing but soccer! That's the reason I've never posted anything about what I am doing. Didn't think anyone would read it.

BTW, we're almost neighbors: I'm in the Victorville area.

Bulletbobb