PoF - regarding Venus receiving Saturn by exaltation, Deb has told me before that you generally want it the other way around. You don't want to receive the malefic, you want the malefic to receive you to protect you. If you receive it, you take on the negative energy more significantly whereas if it receives you, it is under obligation to do no harm or less harm. I have asked many questions on reception over the years and that seemed pretty standard from the literature.

Venus is in a sign that Saturn does not receive and what Andrew Brevan I think coined 'deception,' which is a non classical way to view it when a planet approaches from the sign of another's fall or detriment, meaning the other planet does not 'like' it, while the other approaches from domicile or exaltation (Deb did not agree though):
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 5398#53587

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2949

Deb would say 'like' is more so via aspect, though. A square is obviously a difficult relationship between two planets, and a Saturn square is potentially quite difficult.

I feel like this chart is a futile attempt to make Venus look better than it is, but that is just my opinion. Maybe it would help if I read literature on game predictions rather than using what I know about classical astrology.

Rookie wrote:
My daughter was one of two that jumped the highest height but took less attempts in the competition and won the even on that tie breaking rule.

She is the State Champion
Rookie, how does that number of tries work?
Why she did less than the other?

So each athlete gets 3 attempts at each height to clear. If you clear on the first height, don't have to take another at the same height. So in this competition, My daughter did not miss at all, while the other girl missed twice during the competition. That alone gave my daughter the win. Had my daughter missed along the way of the competition, there are additional tie breaking rule, but they were not needed in this competition

Rookie, regarding useful info, maybe Lehman is worth reading:

https://leelehman.com/wp/index.php/1998 ... -to-start/

So is horary useless in sports? Not at all! But I wouldn’t pin your hopes on getting more than an occasional success out of it....

The purpose in all sports prediction is to predict the outcomes at better than 60% accuracy, which is the typical winning percentage that you have to beat to make money betting on the games.
In other words, even Lehman does not claim a game chart will grant 100% accuracy.

Also, more apropos to your chart (she says planets may behave differently in game charts). This is the only thing that makes this chart make sense to me (but would also make game charts potentially more convoluted if this is true):
Inferior planets in detriment or fall may not act as one would predict. In some games, Venus in Scorpio acts rather like Saturn in Aries – it produces a good effect for the signified team. Mercury in Sagittarius may produce a neutral effect.
You can also download a pdf of 12th Century Castle Besiegement in Sports by Bernadette Brady and Lehman for more info on game predictions.

Rookie wrote:So each athlete gets 3 attempts at each height to clear. If you clear on the first height, don't have to take another at the same height. So in this competition, My daughter did not miss at all, while the other girl missed twice during the competition. That alone gave my daughter the win. Had my daughter missed along the way of the competition, there are additional tie breaking rule, but they were not needed in this competition
Thanks, Rookie.

Day of Moon and hour of Mars so this is a radical chart.

You have already mentioned that your daughter is the favorite to win. Therefore, she is not Saturn in 7th house. Because 7th and 4th are for the underdog. 1st and 10th are for the favorite but the Moon doesn’t fit the winner’s description either. That is why I’m focused on Venus and 5th house. Venus is the most elevated planet and she is placed in natural house of Saturn (10th). I think this seems to fit the description of your award-winning daughter.

After Tanit’s generous detailed explanation of traditional receptions and the very interesting threads she cited (re: Frawley), I’m not sure where in this chart Saturn fits in. All I can think is there might be a less malefic connection between Venus and Saturn who is highly dignified and placed in Venus house (7th). Saturn is also retrograde and conjunct SN. That possibly could bring up weakness in Saturn’s activities. Anyway, for whatever reason, Saturn tried to prevent your daughter from winning but did not succeed so I would say Saturn was not prohibition.