06 Ramses De Teillee
07 Jury Duty
08 Walk In The Mill
09 Go Conquer
10 Rock The Kasbah
10 Valtor

My each way options:

Anibale Fly and Minella Rocco.

If you want an Al-Kindi horse colour look for one with a tail lighter than its body.

Good luck!
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.

I have three EW bets mainly based on Sun/Saturn:

Ramses de Teillee going by the Addey 5th cusp Sun and the colours carried of Yellow and Red (Sun, Aries and Lord of the Hour Mars).

Noble Endeavor, again SU-SA, but I agree its form is suspect, but this is the Grand National, so anything might happen.

Ultragold, again Sun, and the colours carried of red, yellow and black.

Mod Wasp mk2 wrote:Colours?
Sorry, ascending degree, colours are a coincidence. Jockey change issues have been noted.

My 3 picks based on 5h cusp sextile Mercury which is in Pisces:

-Lake view lad
-Up for review
-Vintage clouds

With the planetary hour mars, we are looking for a reddish colour shade based horse on the al kindi method?

.10p combination tricast from:

Ballyoptic
Noble Endeavour
Vieux Lion Rouge
Rathvinden
Jury Duty
Rock The Kasbah

I'l be happy if any f them finish.

I've also backed Monbeg Notorious on the strength of the trainer's quote;

"A lot will depend on what mood he's in as he certainly isn't predictable. The trip should be right up his street."
Last edited by woke satan on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vas wrote:
With the planetary hour mars, we are looking for a reddish colour shade based horse on the al kindi method?
I think so, Vas.

In chaper 36.1 al-Kindi say's red for Mars. Then you have to check what planet is applying to Lord of the Hour. Not sure if we count a semi-sextile of the Moon...if we do then I think you need to mix the white of the Moon with Mars.

Then he goes on to say if Lord of the Hour is in East it signifies a young horse; in the West, aged.

John has much more experience of the system.

JupiterMk4 wrote:
Vas wrote:
I think so, Vas.

In chaper 36.1 al-Kindi say's red for Mars. Then you have to check what planet is applying to Lord of the Hour. Not sure if we count a semi-sextile of the Moon...if we do then I think you need to mix the white of the Moon with Mars.

Then he goes on to say if Lord of the Hour is in East it signifies a young horse; in the West, aged.

John has much more experience of the system.
JupiterMk4,

Thank you very much for this information.

Al-Kindi method:

The first thing to remember is that this method was described at a time when Arabian horses raced, rather than Thoroughbreds. Arabians tend to have greater variations in colour, so this needs to be considered when looking at Thoroughbreds.

Todays chart:

Planetary hour - Mars - equals chestnut horse. With Thoroughbreds this can be the more common bay colour with a reddish tone, rather than a plainer brown.

Next - nearest planetary aspect to Hour Lord (classical aspects and classical planets only). Venus squares Mars but very wide. Venus would darken the chestnut colouring.

Finally - the chart is turned so the Hour Ruler is in the first house. The decan ruler is considered in relation to this. Decan ruler is Jupiter.

Some planets indicate markings, others don't. Jupiter indicates markings.

Jupiter is in the 7th on the turned chart, this indicates a tail lighter than the rest of the horse.
Last edited by john on Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.